Code of Conduct

Default Eau d'hadrien - but with...character ?

Im looking for my summerscent, and after testing a sample of Hadrien im really liking it. But i find it a bit anonymous, i think it lacks what i call character or edge if you like.
    Can you mention a few alternatives that reminds of Hadrien, but with a drydown that is more interesting ?

Default Re: Eau d'hadrien - but with...character ?

Cedrat Intense by Parfums de Nicolai.
    "You can ignore reality, but you can't ignore the consequences of ignoring reality." - Ayn Rand

"I hold it that a little rebellion now and then is a good thing, and as necessary in the political world as storms in the physical...It is a medicine necessary for the sound health of government." - Thomas Jefferson

Quote Originally Posted by ajmc View Post
    Cedrat Intense by Parfums de Nicolai.
    This one.

Post Thanks / Like

In the same vein, and also by Nicolai - Cologne Sologne.

It certainly looks interesting, havent found many reviews, but the few were promising. I like perfumes to have a certain degree of "sweet" or flowery note, does Cedrat intense have this ? Because the notes seem rather harsh.

funraiser: i cant find this one on the pdn page ?

Post Thanks / Like

which version did you try? i think the edp is the newer one while the edt is the old one which was the bestseller.
    A beautiful perfume is the one which gives us a shock: a sensory one followed by a psychological one."

Edmond Roudnitska (19051996)

Post Thanks / Like

I actually think that Eau d'Hadrien has got quite some character... Try the EDP or Eau Du Sud, which is a very good alternative. If you don't have it already, try Guerlain Vetiver
    l'air libre les oiseaux ont eux aussi le vertige (camille)

Post Thanks / Like

Hmmm... with an edge. I'd try YSL PH, Monsiuer de Givenchy, Eau Sauvage, Homme de Gres, Signoricci, AG Eau de Sud, and AG Eau de Monsieur.

While it may not have a lot of citrus (and this comment is bound to get some disagreement), one of my favorite summer scents is Caron's 3rd Man. My overgeneralized desription is citrusy/vanilla with character.

Scentcloud: I tried the Edt version, i didnt even know there was a Edp

Lupo: I really like Hadrien, but i find the drydown very quiet. Yea i think i will go back to the shop and ask for a Eau du Sud, read much positive about it.

Hmm i dont know about Vetiver, i have the GIT at the moment, and its fine but im looking for something more citrus and florals, without getting too feminine. I think Hadrien with a touch of Eau Savage would be perfect for me

Ive checked Cedrat Intense in Europe and can only find it at the London based shop, will have to check if they sell samples.

Post Thanks / Like

try an acqua di parma flanker or the original for citrus florals. kenzo power cologne as well.
    A beautiful perfume is the one which gives us a shock: a sensory one followed by a psychological one."

Post Thanks / Like

try an acqua di parma flanker or the original for citrus florals. kenzo power cologne as well.

Post Thanks / Like

Eau Hadrien I found it lacking the character unlike the characters of AG's other male offerings Eau de Sud, Mangagore and Sables. Then again these are totally different "in your face" scents and I feel they wont fit your needs.

Rossine - Rossissimo. Citrus dominates with floral rose background. Great for a summer fragrance. Its an very close to EDP form rather then EDT so I have been told the longevity is no longer an issue. For a citrus scent this is good news in my books, bought a bottle.

Eau Sauvage is really hard to beat and must remain a sure bet in any collection.

Post Thanks / Like

Cedrat Intense although very good I found it still "wanting" in the sense the scent reminded me of a generic scent market.
    However Nicolai - Rose Intense although marketed to women I found very much a unisex scent as it has a spicy peppery edge dry down that take away a little feminity. I think this is a good and under rated scent for any mans wardrobe especially if there not afraid of roses.

Scentcloud: Acqua di parma flanker ? Not sure which one this is.

Dunez: I dont know anything about Caron, but will look out for it if i come across it. Citrus and vanilla sounds unusual,
    but great

kccparis: The lady at the store gave me several samples of AG, and mandragore was one of them. I actually liked it as much as Hadrien, but again, i found it to be just as quiet. Perhaps i should give it another try, now that i think of it, i actually found mandragore quite a unusual or unique smell. Does stand out much but was very nice.
    Rossine ive never heard of, gonna have to search ebay for this

+1 on Eau du Sud and YSL pH.

Quote Originally Posted by lupo View Post
    I actually think that Eau d'Hadrien has got quite some character... Try the EDP or Eau Du Sud, which is a very good alternative. If you don't have it already, try Guerlain Vetiver
    My thoughts exactly.

Allright now im definately gonna sample Eau du Sud

Post Thanks / Like

+1 on Eau du Sud -- has no lack of character, and really shimmers in the warm weather