Code of Conduct

Default SoTD - Sunday, October 17th 2010

Hello all,

Today, I'm in vintage

Default Re: SoTD - Sunday, October 17th 2010

Happy Sunday Everybody

Today i am in Giorgio Beverly Hills RED!
    I like wearing RED!
    LOVE IS BEST
    My sale thread :http://www.basenotes.net/search.php?searchid=2281122
    "There are people of spirit and there are people of passion but much less common that one might think. Rarer still are the people of passion and spirit. But rarest of all is a passionate spirit."
    -- Martin Buber

Amouage
    DIA POUR FEMME

A soft, clean floral
    Reformulation without information is fraud. Call the police.

Blog Entries

In the AM: Vol de Nuit Extrait by Guerlain

After 5: Coromandel by Chanel

Sleep frag: La Parfum by Barbara Bui

Basenotes Plus

Sur la Plage

My SOTD is Chanel Cristalle EDP. Enjoy the rest of your weekend!

Notes include Mandarin, Peach, Lily of the Valley, Sicilian Lemon, Bergamot, Jasmine, Iris, Rosewood, Hyacinth, Vetiver and Oakmoss

Please feel free to check out my Swap Thread - Patou pour Homme, L'Instant de Guerlain PH Extreme, Dior Homme Intense, Pure Malt, Pure Coffee and many more! Click Here For My Swap Thread

Pour Monsieur by Chanel

Cartoonish Royalty Le Grand Duc's Avatar

Antaeus de Chanel

Basenotes Plus

Off to the gym in Infusion d'Homme.
    The Candy Perfume Boy:One boy's obsession with perfume and all things smelly.

Follow Fragrant Reviews on twitter for fragrance reviews in under 140 characters. Reviews by Candy Perfume Boy & GBlue.

SoTE ~

Peach peach glorious peach!

Thumbs up Re: SoTD - Sunday, October 17th 2010

BAGHARI

Eau de Parfum

R O B E R T
    P I G U E T
    Have I told you about the scent of jasmine? Have I spoken about the smell of the sea? The earth is scented. And I perfume myself to enhance what I am. That's why I can not wear a perfume that bothers me. Perfuming is an instinctive wisdom. And like all art, it requires some knowledge of yourself..."
    Clarice Lispector ( 1920-1977) - Perfumes da Terra / Earth
    Perfumes

Lots of Chanel today. Happy to be joining in with 31 Rue Cambon.

Hello all. Classic pre 2000 Shalimar edp.
    DONNA

Guerlain's Arsène Lupin Voyou. First wearing, one hour into the drydown. I like the fact that Jean-Paul Guerlain's two Lupins have clear development during drydown. Voyou has a refreshing start of spicy herbs, pepper and coriander, but then turns to a surprising almost fruity rose scent, and I now begin to smell benzoin and patchouli, with a resiny-dry edge that smells a bit leathery. A smoky sandalwood at the end. Sort of Coriolan meets Bois d'Armenie meets - hold on! - Nuit d'Amour (that fruity rose). I like it. Didn't think I really would. Read the bad reviews about it smelling like all the other fresh-woody ones. The rose and the benzoin do the trick for me I guess. That sweet touch to all Guerlains.

Basenotes Plus

Hello everyone!

My SotD is Petite Cherie by Annick Goutal,
    with notes of pear, peach, musky rose,
    fresh cut grasses and vanilla.

Sampling Guerlain's Mitsouko today. It goes well with apple pancakes.

Basenotes Plus

Thanks to a generous perfume friend, I am testing Le Labo Iris 39

Notes: iris, lime, patchouli, rose, ylang ylang, musk, violet, ginger, cardamom, civet

This is a warm, earthy iris fragrance. The most apparent notes are iris, violet (but it does a quick fade), lime, and patchouli. As did the violet, the rose and ylang ylang make a noted but brief appearance, giving over to spices which I don't pick out separately but they do add a low buzz of warmth.

Enjoy the day, all!
    "I felt something so intense, I could only express it in a perfume." - Jacques Guerlain

What a GLORIOUSLY scented crowd we have here today!

I am going to be another Guerlain-fan, then, because I've absolutely covered myself in L'instant. I went to the supermarket in it, probably trailing honeyed magnolia out of the door. The rest of the day will be spent doing all kinds of boring domestic duties and chilling out, so I have just topped it up for my own enjoyment.

I love it when you get your mood and your fragrance perfectly in sync. You keep thinking "why do I ever wear anything else; this is fantastic". Then, of course, tomorrow you might suddenly need to wear something completely different.

Basenotes Plus

SotE -

Ah domperrier... wish my vintage Lanvin Arpége hadn't been "off"... its bottle is still pretty though.

Today I'm in Muscs Koublai Khan from a decant (which I've used half of, sigh...) and it's not giving me anything but lovely associations. My grandmother gave me a small cloth book when I was a toddler that had a scent on it that I now recognize as musk... probably then it was a real musk perfume that she wore that got on the book when she read it to me. It was soft, sweet, skin scented musk and that's what MKK brings to mind. Odd that now whenever I read of MKK I'll think of my Gran!

(and kind of glad I didn't pick it up on Friday and put on Fumerie Turque by mistake instead.)

Perhaps that will be my next FB purchase, as a scent that brings that sweet time to mind is one I would NEVER mind wearing.
    [URL="http://www.basenotes.net/fragrancereviews/38140"][B]Actias luna's fragrance reviews[/B][/URL] | Now blogging with [i]AromiErotici, Carrie Meredith, Mimi Gardenia, Sugandaraja, Asha, bluesoul, shamu1, Redneck Perfumisto and Daly Beauty[/i] at [URL="http://aromierotici.blogspot.com/"][B]Il Mondo di Odore[/B][/URL] [URL="http://www.ebsqart.com/Artist/Kathleen-Harper/3794/Art-Portfolio/1/"]
    [B]Art[/B]: Actias luna's other hobby[/URL] - along with some impromptu [URL="http://www.basenotes.net/threads/268480-Why-Mouchoir-de-Monsieur-Act-III-Resumed"]"performance writing"[/URL] here on Basenotes!

My scent of the morning is Eau de Lalique, a soft, herbal eau that I enjoy in slightly cooler temps moreso than summer heat.
    Have a great Sunday!

Hello everyone!

This is indeed a gorgeous-smelling crowd, and make no mistake Nukapai, you're one of the most gloriously-scented here!

I'm in a romantic and beautiful blast from my past, vintage Pavlova edt. This will always remind me of Jr. High, crushes on upperclassmen and melodrama, and I will always love it.

Y'all have a wonderful day!
    Science is not only compatible with spirituality, it is a profound source of spirituality. When we recognize our place in an immensity of light-years and in the passage of ages, when we grasp the intricacy, beauty, and subtlety of life, then that soaring feeling, that sense of elation and humility combined, is surely spiritual. ..Carl Sagan

Everyone smells elegant today!

I'm wearing Estee Lauder Pure White Linen (for change).

Quote Originally Posted by Nukapai View Post

I love it when you get your mood and your fragrance perfectly in sync. You keep thinking "why do I ever wear anything else; this is fantastic". Then, of course, tomorrow you might suddenly need to wear something completely different.
    Amen to that!
    "You can't change the past, but you can ruin the present by worrying about the future."

"Three essentials for a good life: Someone to love, somewhere to go, and something to look forward to."

summer means fireflys

I'm wearing Opium on this gorgeous Fall day. Perfect for watching football.

Go Chiefs!

I am wearing Chanel No. 5. Nothing like it! It adds a touch of elegance to my day as I bake clafoutis and work on my boeuf a la mode.

Happy Sunday to all and (((dear thoughts))) to anyone feeling down or ill.

Joining others in the Chanel house, wearing Beige (again). I just adore this scent in the cool autumn weather. I think of Beige as 31, rue Cambon's true sister. They are both elegant, soft and devastatingly beautiful. .
    "You can't change the past, but you can ruin the present by worrying about the future."

"Three essentials for a good life: Someone to love, somewhere to go, and something to look forward to."

Ah Evangeline...vintage Pavlova's one of my current favorites, I missed out on it "back in the day" (I was wearing Emeraude, Heaven Sent, and musk oil mostly back then)...but yes, I can see how it would fit with the drama of school!
    [URL="http://www.basenotes.net/fragrancereviews/38140"][B]Actias luna's fragrance reviews[/B][/URL] | Now blogging with [i]AromiErotici, Carrie Meredith, Mimi Gardenia, Sugandaraja, Asha, bluesoul, shamu1, Redneck Perfumisto and Daly Beauty[/i] at [URL="http://aromierotici.blogspot.com/"][B]Il Mondo di Odore[/B][/URL] [URL="http://www.ebsqart.com/Artist/Kathleen-Harper/3794/Art-Portfolio/1/"]
    [B]Art[/B]: Actias luna's other hobby[/URL] - along with some impromptu [URL="http://www.basenotes.net/threads/268480-Why-Mouchoir-de-Monsieur-Act-III-Resumed"]"performance writing"[/URL] here on Basenotes!

Cartoonish Royalty Le Grand Duc's Avatar

SotE
    - Angel

Happy Sunday to All!
    I left for church early wearing EL Youth Dew, which goes along with all the incense. This afternoon I am wearing Kenzo L'Elephant. Guess the incense-y mood is still with me. But I don't do incense at night, so it will be something softer. IF the Elephant goes back to the jungle!

I'm in Habanita again today. It's so fabulous! It reminds me of past escapades in smoky bars on dusky October evenings. It makes me think of autumn walks home through the city park, red leaves crunching underfoot and bonfires somewhere in the distance. This is what I'm going wear on Guy Fawkes. Well, probably.

Guerlain Vetiver (1996).

BN better than ever
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Nukapai View Post
    I second Pomander's "amen!" You're a peach , Nukapai.
    Thanks for the report, Mr. G.
    Hello to all.
    I'm wearing Fragonard Rose de Mai, a souvenir from meeting Chaya in Boston.
    Man, I could use another vacation right now ... or retirement -- at least an extended period of doing stuff I wanna do.
    In a world where 6 million people are added each month, every landscape matters.

C Rose, thanks for the sympathies. I really am depressed. Texas just has NU's number. I was so looking forward to just a bit redemption before the Big 10 departure. Rats. Guess I'll have to rely on the volleyball team for that.

So, I've decided to wallow in my depression today (despite the beautiful weather) rather than try to cheer up. I will do that tomorrow. In keeping with my melancholy mood, I'm in CdG Avignon. I promise to wear something happy tomorrow, but I just can't bring myself to do it today.

Actiasluna, what fantastic associations with MKK. I love it, too.

Still in a violet mood sparked by The Unicorn Spell last night -- so today I'm in Lutens Bois de Violette.
    This stuff is so good I could drink it!

Hope you are happier tomorrow ExtremeKF -- your team will bounce back, I bet! Meanwhile, you picked a lovely, melancholy scent for your recovery day!

Finally online again! My laptop broke down on thursday and it turned out the battery is broken. Been to work this weekend,but had my sister and a friend over on thursday for some sushi and wine Without checking here first I've also been wearing a Chanel today.I wore Egoiste as my sotd...Must be something in the air today SotE is #88.

My scent of the evening was going to be Embruns d'Ambre by Stephanie de Saint-Aignan, but I've had to scrub it off! Nice smell, but I feel so ill now.

Anybody wants the decant, PM me! It's a TPC 5ml.

Decided to go with the flow...wearing No. 5 edt this evening. Going to start dinner soon. We're having sweet potato pancakes, grass fed beef burgers, green beans w. pecans, and sliced tomatoes. Hubby can have some bread, but I'm avoiding wheat. Sending my friend Quarry a big (((hug))). Wish you were here so I could give you dinner and a glass of wine while you put your feet up and relax.

Yesterday I wore L'Instant from a sample.
    Today I am in Serge Lutens: Fille en Aiguilles on one wrist, Serge Noire on the other.
    Evenstar

ExtremeKF, what can I say, but...Go Longhorns!. Sorry, just teasing a little bit **ducks and covers head** - hello from Texas.

Quarry, ha ha ha, your avatar cracks me up. I'm a Miss Piggy fan myself, dahling.

I wore EL Sensuous to church this morning (somehow, that doesn't sound quite...right, does it?), but now I have Amouage Memoir Man on one wrist and Memoir Woman on the other. Man disappeared, but Woman is stickin' around a while.
    Last edited by coopmom; 17th October 2010 at 11:05 PM.
    If Mama ain't happy, ain't nobody happy.

Hey y'all -

I'm in a lovely haze of Iris Ganache...oh so posh, Iris Ganache.

Science is not only compatible with spirituality, it is a profound source of spirituality. When we recognize our place in an immensity of light-years and in the passage of ages, when we grasp the intricacy, beauty, and subtlety of life, then that soaring feeling, that sense of elation and humility combined, is surely spiritual. ..Carl Sagan

Quote Originally Posted by actiasluna View Post
    Ah domperrier... wish my vintage Lanvin Arpége hadn't been "off"... its bottle is still pretty though.
    Awww...sorry to hear that.

My 1 oz hasn't turned but I kinda overpaid for the exactly-as-pictured little round black boule($170 for full bottle & box). I agree with you, and it's actually my favourite bottle of all!

Narciso Rodriguez Iridescent

BN better than ever
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by lilybelle View Post
    Decided to go with the flow...wearing No. 5 edt this evening. Going to start dinner soon. We're having sweet potato pancakes, grass fed beef burgers, green beans w. pecans, and sliced tomatoes. Hubby can have some bread, but I'm avoiding wheat. Sending my friend Quarry a big (((hug))). Wish you were here so I could give you dinner and a glass of wine while you put your feet up and relax.
    Ahhh. Green beans are one of my favorite foods. I'd take a whole plate of 'em, plus that glass of wine. Of course, it's the company that would make all the difference.
    Thanks, Coopmom.
    In a world where 6 million people are added each month, every landscape matters.

Sote: SABI
    Oh my, I DO smell fine... this lovely scent helps me rise above the dreaded Sunday evening ennui

Gris Clair....
    I don't know much about medicine, but I know what I like. -- S.J. Perelman

Wall Street by Bond No.9
    Gary

Interesting mix of fragrances today. I went with the soft powdery rose of Stephanie de Saint-Aignan's Le Pot Aux Roses. Nice!

DON'T DRINK AND DRESS

Blog Entries

In the smokey-spicy Jean Pascal tonight.
    Our job is to live joyfully in this world of sorrows--Joseph Campbell

Comme des Garcons 2

For the fear of being called homophobic -- again! -- not posting my SotD or thoughts about today's images.

Cicero in Oration once exclaimed O tempora o mores. How true he was!