Code of Conduct

Default Have you ever had someone get close to you in public to smell you?

Maybe it happens more often than I am aware of. But today, while out grocery shopping I noticed a woman behind me at the checkout, getting very close and doing light sniffs near me. I just turned at looked at her and smiled. I was wearing the beloved Encre Noire. One spray to the back of my neck, and one to my inner elbow. one hour prior to this happening. She either liked it or was trying to figure out what it was, perhaps. Has this happened to anyone, while out in public?

Default Re: Have you ever had someone get close to you in public to smell you?

It seems to happen with SMW more than any other scent.
    Shame as SMW is not one of my favorites, although I still like it's drydown alot.

No, and hope it never does

Happens all the time with Fahrenheit. I sense they're intrigued by the smell of petroleum mixed with honeysuckle and violets.

no, but I often sense they are trying to get away from me....does that count?

Does it also count if people who are not total strangers, like people form my workplace or my circle of friends, do this?

almost everytime i wear Le Male.

its happened the one time i wore Pure Malt

most of the times i am wearing La Nuit someone is almost always close to my neck anyways, so that doesnt really count lol

Yes, and it makes me jump a little. Its seems to happen with Blue Sugar most of the time.(sigh)

Nope, never had anybody follow me trying to smell my scent. Not sure how I would react if that happened.

Yep, this frequently happens to me. Most recently, when I was wearing GIT and Fierce (on two separate occasions).
    Is the juice worth the squeeze?

DON'T DRINK AND DRESS

Blog Entries

nope
    'Those who grow too big for their pants will be exposed in the end'--anon

Quote Originally Posted by The_Cologneist View Post
    Happens all the time with Fahrenheit. I sense they're intrigued by the smell of petroleum mixed with honeysuckle and violets.
    I concur. I find Fahrenheit more interesting than any number of niche fragrances and when I wear it it gets noticed. I get more reaction out of it than practically anything else. Right up there with YSL M7 and Bulgari Black. Great, great stuff.
    "You just keep me hangin' on." -- Farewell, Lou.

This lets you know you're wearing just the right amount!

I'm sort of shy in many social situations (I have NLD), and while I'm not, socially awkward really, I'm still sort of reserved and not really myself when I'm in any place that I don't feel in control of. Because of this, I rarely get complimented on my fragrance, I'm just never close enough to someone or in a situation where someone would feel it appropriate to mention it. This is why, I was so surprised last weekend, when me and a couple of buddies went out to a chain sports bar for food and some drinks. The waitress (quite cute by the way) sat down in the empty seat next to me and proclaim how amazing I smelt. Now, I understand why you guys seek compliments, it really does feel great, it shot confidence right through me the rest of the night. By the way, it was Bond no. 9 Bleecker Street.
    <><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><> <><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><>

Obsessions of the Moment- Kristiansand EDC, Green Irish Tweed, Zizan

Granted, we've known each other for some time. It don't take a whole day to recognize sunshine. ~ Common Sense

I had this happen today in Starbucks waiting for my coffee. I walked by a few people to the end of the semi-waiting area and there's a distinctive draft in there. I could see this guy sniffing around and he actually took the time to move around looking for it and then stood in my draft kind of sniffing lol. He never did come out and ask but there were probably 6-7 people milling around. It was Pure Malt.

I have to admit I have had a few scents hit me that smelled good enough I wish I had asked but I am a guy and that's just against code I think.
    “Perfume is like cocktails without the hangover, like chocolate without the calories, like an affair without tears, like a vacation from which you never have to come back.”

Yes.....It happens all the time with many of my Bond No.9 fragrances!!!
    Gary

Never (at least to my knowledge).

Morning Star

Dogs sometimes ... but I don't think that counts.

Maybe once or twice but not often , its kind of embarrasing when people ask you what you are wearing . Another vote for kitty attention and cat compliments ( licks ) tho LOL !!!!

I've noticed the leaning in/sniffing when I've worn Chanel No 19, and also when I've worn Jicky.

Quote Originally Posted by Astaroth View Post
    Dogs sometimes ... but I don't think that counts.

Yes, especially when I wear Mazzolari's 'Lui.' In fact, I've gotten several compliments about it thanks to my skin chemistry I suppose. Also received compliments on a pheromone cologne and Noir Epice (sp) by F Malle. I just LOVE those encouraging words.

It's happened to me 3 times in the past month. I was at the bus stop and an old lady (why are they always old lol) said I smelt nice. I was wearing Nio from Xerjoff. The other two times were from the landlady at my local pub. I was wearing Hesperides by Essenze di Mezzanotte last Saturday and then a couple of days later I'd sprayed IL RESTAURO DELLA MIA ANTICA SCRIVANIA from an Antimateria sample and she said both were lovely.
    I also asked a woman whilst I was stood at the bar, what she was wearing as it caught my nose. It was Organza by Givenchy.

Nothing thus far.

To answer the original post, to my knowledge, I do not think so.

But I know for sure someone has moved away from me because of my fragrance. The culprit was YSL La Nuit de L'homme.
    Seeking: Bottles/decants : of Feeling Man, Gucci pour Homme, Essence of John Galliano, Nicole Miller (vintage), Opium pour Homme, Oxford & Cambridge, Concentré D'Orange Verte...etc.

Seeking decant/sample of Jil Sander Feeling Man, Cacharel Nemo, Bijan for Men EDC, Lanvin for Men, Giorgio VIP, Il Lancetti and other old school frags ....etc. I have samples to swap.

More HERE
    Please PM me !

Quote Originally Posted by mtgprox05 View Post
    By the way, it was Bond no. 9 Bleecker Street.
    This is my most complimented scent!

And no, I don't think I've ever caught someone trying to discreetly smell me. But then I tend to be rather oblivious to things like that. I'd probably just wonder why this weirdo is standing so close to me.
    "It's not what you look like when you're doing what you're doing; it's what you're doing when you're doing what you look like you're doing."

I was buying some TM Pure Malt at Nordstroms last week and had the fragrance rep come up later to make odd small talk after I was handed off to the cashier in the makeup department. She was standing close bobbing in and out and leaning in to me sniffing as descreetly as she could while making small talk. I could tell she was trying to place it but couldnt and then said finally ," you smell great, what are you wearing?" Didn't think she was hitting on me at all but seemed embarassed that perhaps she couldnt place the scent. It was Hanae Mori HM edp.
    Last edited by Fletch31; 17th October 2010 at 05:46 AM.

Sometimes. The most memorable occasion was when I had recently bought my first bottle of Shalimar. I was in the Academic bookstore and while hanging out and browsing books I nearly bumped into a guy clumsily hovering around me looking sheepish. And this happened three times with three different blokes!
    "Wovon man nicht lesen kann, darüber muss man schreiben."

Quote Originally Posted by LiveJazz View Post

And no, I don't think I've ever caught someone trying to discreetly smell me. But then I tend to be rather oblivious to things like that. I'd probably just wonder why this weirdo is standing so close to me.
    This too. lol. I'm unfortunately oblivious to 95% of what goes on around me, lord knows how often this may have happened and I wasn't aware.
    <><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><> <><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><>

Obsessions of the Moment- Kristiansand EDC, Green Irish Tweed, Zizan

Granted, we've known each other for some time. It don't take a whole day to recognize sunshine. ~ Common Sense

Excluding significant others (e.g. girlfriends)...

I was recently in a bookstore and had a sixth sense that this gentleman was too close for my comfort. After I moved, he followed, possibly feigning interest in other books. I heard a "sniff" from him earlier.

The fragrance: Tom Ford's Oud Wood.

Absolutely. Actually, it happens almost everyday.
    I love Jasmine.