Code of Conduct

Default Is it worth persevering with Prada Infusion D'Homme?

I was trying various colognes recently, searching for a quiet clean daily scent. Prada Infusion D'Homme was the last one I sampled and as I left the shop and took another sniff, I had to turn on my heel and go back to buy a 50 ML bottle.

Strangely, it was a hint of that very bottom note (that I shouldn't really have experienced that soon) that drove me to buy it for myself. It's that same note that I'm now always searching for in it.

The inital 7UP/hairspray blast of IDH is what seems to linger on my skin for the longest time and, quite infuriatingly, the clean note I love so much only seems to turn up on my clothes or on the sponge after using the matching shower gel.

I find it doesn't seem to last, or am I just having nose fatigue? But there's something about it that's preventing from going back to my usual SOTD (Clinique Happy for Men).

Would users of IDH recommend sticking with it? Also, has anyone used the deodorant? Usually, if I like a fragrance, I try to use the full set of products and as IDH seems light, I don't think I'll be overdoing it.

Thanks in advance!

Default Re: Is it worth persevering with Prada Infusion D'Homme?

I actually find this one fairly strong and long-lasting!

I like IDH a lot. I haven't had it for a while but always enjoyed it. It's the kind of thing that gets you polite compliments at work.

My new under appreciated favorite. Go light on the trigger as it's deceptively powerful.

Personally, I take the "3 strikes and your out" approach....i don't really perservere more than that.....I think things like fragrance should stand on their own merits and not b/c I had to tinker with them

I know what you mean F-13...I get that with quite a lot of Italian fragrances, the note I like is this aura and not necessarily the sniff. Kinda like an after sniff or something. Try this:

Spray on your clothes the day before you are going to wear it.
    Keep Smelling Good
    ANDREW

I've been very pleased with both longevity and projection of IDH. It's my favorite clean scent and my go-to scent when I'm not in the mood for anything else. Being that it is one of my favorite scents I should probably look into the body care products to supplement the fragrance.

Honestly if you feel like it isn't lasting on you, the best way is to ask someone that you're comfortable with to take a sniff and see what they have to say. I have personally noticed that IDH can have a "comes and goes" effect but I really like that in this scent. I also agree the opening is kind of strange (I hated it the first time I smelled it) and it takes an hour or so before the frag really blooms on me.

I have it with the after shave, and I'm completely satisfied with it. Yes, a bit might bit artificial, but the whole effect is very pleasant.

I've only worn the mens version for sampling, but I've heard that the original Infusion is unisex and generally better.

Quote Originally Posted by Freeze View Post
    I've been very pleased with both longevity and projection of IDH. It's my favorite clean scent and my go-to scent when I'm not in the mood for anything else. Being that it is one of my favorite scents I should probably look into the body care products to supplement the fragrance.

Honestly if you feel like it isn't lasting on you, the best way is to ask someone that you're comfortable with to take a sniff and see what they have to say. I have personally noticed that IDH can have a "comes and goes" effect but I really like that in this scent. I also agree the opening is kind of strange (I hated it the first time I smelled it) and it takes an hour or so before the frag really blooms on me.
    + 1

IdH is AMAZINGGGGGGGG!!

Frag Bomb Squadron XVII

Quote Originally Posted by Force of One View Post
    Personally, I take the "3 strikes and your out" approach....i don't really perservere more than that.....I think things like fragrance should stand on their own merits and not b/c I had to tinker with them
    Funny you should mention it, as I have a similar system. If I don't enjoy a fragrance within 3 full wears, it goes. Even the much-admired Guerlain Vetiver didn't make the cut. Prada IdH had struck out twice until the 3rd & final wear - & I suddenly found myself smiling at the gentle vibes of 'freshly scrubbed' it projected. Smells like a luxury soap!

Good if you get it. But if you don't, it's probably better to move on.

Thanks for all the great advice, folk. It seems like IDH has a charm that's difficult to resist.

I definitely subscribe to the "three strikes and out" way of thinking, probably a bit too much, which is why I've only really stuck to two scents for the past ten years.

There's something intriguing about IDH that keeps me coming back to it (plus I have two bottles of the shower gel to use!)

I've taken on board the notes about not overspraying, trying some on clothes and asking someone what they think of the way it smells on me. I may take it a step further and ask a friend to wear it and see if I can notice it. I know body chemistry varies from person to person but it would be interesting to try.

Thanks again.

This is one best appreciated from afar, like from underneath the clothes. Smelled up-close on the skin, it smells like AquaNet. But smelled from a distance (as others smell you), it's nice and clean. It's the deceptive strength of this one that gets people, I think. This isn't one to be sprayed on the wrists and sniffed throughout the day. It's a body scent that doesn't require a big application.

So that's why I'm continually getting the hairspray smell on myself that's throwing me off. How many applications would you recommend, and where? I'm doing two mists on the neck and one on each inner elbow at the moment.

If you don't like it, you don't like it. It's grown on me like a fungus. I didn't know I would like a "soapy" scent that much. Nor did I know it would have such great longevity on me.

Quote Originally Posted by F-13 View Post
    So that's why I'm continually getting the hairspray smell on myself that's throwing me off. How many applications would you recommend, and where? I'm doing two mists on the neck and one on each inner elbow at the moment.
    I'm still figuring that out for myself. Right now, I'd say a solid shot to the chest, and maybe a smaller one to the back of the neck (at or below the collar line). Unless you wear long sleeves, then a shot to the elbows would probably be OK.

I remeber liking it's soapiness, liking the citrusy note, and liking the bit of synthetic Iris I got, but disliking it's "too transparent" texture, and disliking the overly present, overly synthetic frankincense note. Although the frankincense note is actually in the proper lemony/piney sense of Omani tears, it's still far too bitter for a synthetic (hairspray/shampoo type) and unappealing being so prevalent without a slightly sweet opaque note to match. I'm definitely going to test it again, as well as Infusion d'Iris EDP & EDT again, thanks to this thread.