Code of Conduct
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Default Re: aluminum-free antiperspirant?

I have switched to the Alvera aloe & almonds roll on deodorant, and am very happy with it. My armpits are hyper sensitive but the Alvera is gentle enough for me, plus stops both odour and "water" :-)

It contains non of the "dangerous" compounds, is organic, and is cheap! I order from the American web store iherb (plus shower creams and gels, body scrubs, body lotions and lots and lots of tea!), and have had no trouble with that at all.

Below is the link to the store/deo. Feel free to use my code BIB827for $10 off if you shop for more than $40, or $5 off if you shop for less than $40.

I'm no affiliate or anything, just a happy customer

http://www.iherb.com/Alvera-Aloe-Alm...-oz-89-ml/6100
    Visit my Norwegian blog
    http://www.hagenpahytta.net
    Gardening, nature, food, perfume, life.

"Gardeners, I think, dream bigger dreams than emperors"
    Mary Cantwell
    Currently wearing: DKNY Women by Donna Karan

Basenotes Junkie

I have taken to simply wiping or spritzing alcohol on my armpits after I get out of the shower and then applying some baking soda. Works better than any deodorant I've ever used.

Aluminum comes in various forms.
    they provide natural aluminum free deodorants online there deodorant's are 100% pure and toxic free and contain No harmful aluminium deodorants.
    you can vist this site: better4u.co.uk

Better 4U 5 in 1 Lotion is used as it has more natural deodorant that is free from aluminium and other harsh chemical. Shave lotion to give you more comfortable and smooth shave and after shave the lotion used reduce appearance of shaving rash and spots. There Body and face lotion is used to nourish and hydrate skin and in hand and foot the lotion is used to keep your skin hydrated and supple.

My skin used to get irritated when I applied aluminum-based deodorants. 12-15 years ago my doctor told me he heard of Lavilin and suggested I look into it. I bought it shortly after and it’s been magnificent!! I haven’t had a rash or underarm irritation since and I only use it a few times a week, depending on how active I am.

I wanted to toss another one in:
    I swear by C and Co (handmade in Asheville, NC in small batches) Underarm Balm. All natural, organic, works like a dream.

http://candconaturals.com/collection...-underarm-balm

I had looked for a while for non-aluminum options and Tom's just didn't work for me at all. I was really skeptical of this stuff, but I bought it from the woman who makes it who told me she and her husband are marathon runners and use it. I tried it, and wow. I will never look back. It works better than any deodorant I've ever tried. I can do yard work, go to the gym, get extremely sweaty and never have the slightest sweaty odor or BO. Highly recommended. I plan on buying it for everyone in my family for Christmas.

Ordered Tom's maine. Hope it's good.
    Every saint has a past and every sinner has a future. O.Wilde

I just realized that the Arm & Hammer one that I used for years and recommended to others has triclosan. I m using the one I have but after that I will try to make my own!

CD deodorants are without aluminium, they are available in stores or online.

Can't go wrong with rock dehodorants and you can get free from everything spray ones too, all natural and work very well.

I started using Crystal. It is a rock essentially, of salt which you wet and then rub in the armpit area. When I began using it, it was Spring, exceedingly low humidity ( I live in the desert) and I was sweating profusely all the time. I've been using all,summer now, through our humid season, up in Seattle area,etc, and I have found that my body is producing very little wetness under the armpit. I think the antiperspirants might actually cause more sweat than is natural. Anyway,MIT did take probably six weeks for my body to change its pattern but it works great, no chemicals and I never smell. I love that it doesn't interfere with my perfume also!
    I would have despaired unless I had believed that I would see the goodness of the Lord in the land of the living.

My Sales Thread - A Collection Purge

Quote Originally Posted by danieq View Post
    I started using Crystal. It is a rock essentially, of salt which you wet and then rub in the armpit area. When I began using it, it was Spring, exceedingly low humidity ( I live in the desert) and I was sweating profusely all the time. I've been using all,summer now, through our humid season, up in Seattle area,etc, and I have found that my body is producing very little wetness under the armpit. I think the antiperspirants might actually cause more sweat than is natural. Anyway,MIT did take probably six weeks for my body to change its pattern but it works great, no chemicals and I never smell. I love that it doesn't interfere with my perfume also!
    They are honestly the best So much better than antiperperants and 100% natural.

Primrose is correct, most of the crystal stones contain mineral salts called potash alum, potassium alum or ammonium alum. That doesn't make them aluminum-free. More correctly, they are probably aluminum chlorohydrate, aluminum chloride, aluminum hydroxybromide, and aluminum zirconium-free. They are likely less risky to use, because they aren't as easily absorbed, but their marketing and labeling is misleading, especially if you want to avoid aluminum in any form.
    Last edited by socalwoman; 29th August 2014 at 11:46 PM.