Code of Conduct

Default Do you think Creed Silver Mountain Water is suitable for cold weather? Day or night?

I know some of you feel you should wear whatever you want whenever you want, and I respect that, but was looking for input for those who think more seasonally/occassionally.

When and where do you think SMW is most suited for?

Default Re: Do you think Creed Silver Mountain Water is suitable for cold weather? Day or night?

When I owned a bottle, I preferred wearing it in warmer weather. This, because of the refreshing top notes of black current and green tea, which I liked very much. However, they evaporated very quickly. My problem was with the base notes of musk and ambergris which I didn't enjoy as they were very boring and monotonous. Longevity was not good on skin but better on fabric.
    Last edited by Renaissance_Man; 17th October 2010 at 05:32 PM.

Default Re: Do you think Creed Silver Mountain Water is suitable for cold weather? Day or night?

I like it during the warm weather to be honest. Cold mixed with cold is not my style.

I like it for all year round! It's too amazing to only wear it in only one kind of weather.

But as for day or night, I definitely see it as a day scent.
    ôLove is when a girl puts on perfume and a boy puts on shaving cologne and they go out and smell each other.ö
    Karl, age 5

Swapping
    Selling
    Seeking

I think it can be warn during the day in both warm & cold weather because it such an insatiable scent. But, I tend to use it as a go to scent in summer because it is such a light, uplifting & tangy scent

I think SMW has one of the warmer drydowns in the MillÚsime line, therefore it works well in cold weather.
    Looking for: Creed caps

IMO it`s a typical spring and summer fragrance for casual daytime use.
    Last edited by Oslo-Fjord; 18th October 2010 at 06:46 AM.

Great input so far guys, thanks!

I like to wear it during the day! I prefer wearing a different cologne for winter/cold days...

I actually really don't like this as much during the summer. Its got a thickness to it with ink and petroleum which can be unpleasant in the heat. However it SPARKLES in the winter

It can conceivably be worn year round.
    I tend not to wear it in hotter weather, as that heat exposes a strong, sour/bitter/feminine green floral note I dislike alot.
    Cool and even cold weather lets this note play the background.
    And SMW is plenty strong on it's own to cut right thru winter air and project.
    It seems to project very well in all weathers, getting it plenty of attention.

It's my main daytime work scent. As I got it early this summer, I haven't worn it in the cold weather, but I imagine it's just as great. It's my # 1 go-to scent for pretty much any occasion. I actually have to keep myself away from it sometimes, to work others into my rotation.

Most suitable for colder weather. Turns sour, beer-like, when too warm.

Works day or night but, arguably, not perfectly for either.

Nearly my Holy Grail fragrance.

Quote Originally Posted by Sensual View Post
    Nearly my Holy Grail fragrance.
    What were your opinions of Montale's Bois Fruite, Bond Hamptons and Xerjoff's Mefisto ?

I've really started to appreciate SMW on frosty yet sunny days.

What were your opinions of Montale's Bois Fruite, Bond Hamptons and Xerjoff's Mefisto
    Haven't tried most of those, so I'll edit this post when I do. Bond, as usual, makes fairly high quality stuff, usually just not quite what I'm looking for -- but New Haarlem is genius. Hamptons, I have forgotten...the sample is lying around somewhere.

All Year round - anytime.

I think SMW is a very versatile frag. It can work all year round.

I think it contrasts quite well in the winter time - the notes tend to work in a more revealing way than the way they rush about when it's warmer. Earlier in the thread, somebody said the same thing I was going to say... when it's hotter, there's a note or two that tends to pull more feminine than in cooler weather to me.

In fact, I've taken to wearing SMW during the cooler months, but not in full-blown winter - tend to shift towards Himalaya or Acier Aluminium in full-blown winter because they contrast darn near everybody around me and tend to last longer that way and develop in a way that I actually can enjoy - and bloom a bit when I'm closer to heat.