Code of Conduct

Default Ever have a reality check on how subjective the fragrance game is?

Like I have gotten more compliments using a fresh scent Gillette gel deodorant than any other frag.

not saying this is the case all the time, but sometimes taste does not care about quality.

Default Re: Ever have a reality check on how subjective the fragrance game is?

I see this quite regularly....in my experience, women tend to compliment men for wearing Axe or some run of the mill fragrances, moreso than anything of considerable reputation. My guess is it has as much to do with familiarity as much as taste.

To me though it's sort of like working out and the like - you should be doing it for yourself vs. to impress others or benefit them primarily.

Default Re: Ever have a reality check on how subjective the fragrance game is?

I really wear fragrance for myself. As long as the fragrance I am wearing satisfies me, I am happy. I've gotten very few compliments, perhaps because I wear only enough that I can smell it. The times I have gotten compliments, it was when I was wearing powerhouse scents that really project. You've got to be smelled in order to get compliments, and that's not what I am about. I have some really cheap scents I love (Clubman, Tabac). I also have some expensive fragrances I love to wear (LV Uomo Profumo, or Derby). I don't necessarily equate price with enjoyment.