Code of Conduct

Default Another Creed copied by a designer...

Juicy Coulture's Dirty English is a rip off of Creed's Tabarome Milesime. I picked up a mini of dirty English blind today and when I got home was pretty surprised. This is as bad as unforgivable and creeds MI. Anyone else have or tried both and care to comment

Default Re: Another Creed copied by a designer...

I don't smell that... at all. Dirty English is missing the ginger/tobacco notes; it's just vetiver with a few spicy notes.

With Creed it's so often a case of, "what came first, the chicken or the egg?" I once owned TM, liked it, used the entire bottle and I've smelled Dirty English, but I never made the connection before. Now I'll have to retry them both again.

While I can see the GIT-Cool Water comparison for certain, and MI-Unforgivable slightly less so, I can't say I noticed this one. My friend wears Dirty English sometimes, and when I sampled Creed TM, it didn't remind me of it. In fairness, I've only sampled it once in store, so I may have to revisit it.

Quote Originally Posted by gerbick View Post
    I don't smell that... at all. Dirty English is missing the ginger/tobacco notes; it's just vetiver with a few spicy notes.
    Oh man, i did a side by side of these two. You may be right about the ginger in the top, but there is no mistaking the middle/base of these two. Correct me if Im wrong, but didn't you say you also don't get the unforgivable -MI connection?

I got a bottle of Zirh Classic for cheap a while back--it seemed to have a bit of a resemblance to Tabarome Millesime.

Quote Originally Posted by Indie_Guy View Post
    I got a bottle of Zirh Classic for cheap a while back--it seemed to have a bit of a resemblance to Tabarome Millesime.
    Classic Zirh!

I don't see it at all. Juicy was alot sweeter" to me.
    "As you walk down the fairway of life you must smell the roses, for you only get to play one round."
    --Ben Hogan

Quote Originally Posted by Kevin Guyer View Post
    Classic Zirh!
    I remember the huge nationwide controversy when Zirh wanted to release the "new" Zirh and they had to relegate the original Zirh to "Zirh Classic" status. There were riots in the streets. Oh, somebody help me, I don't think I know what I'm talking about!

I don't get the connection between DE and TM, but Lacoste challenge is a direct rip of TM in my mind. But maybe thats just my nose.

I don't smell any resemblance.

I've only briefly sampled Dirty English, but I find it a stretch.

Wow, I don't get how nobody is getting this connection! Maybe it's because I have both and can do the side by side. Or maybe my nose is crazy.

No...I don't doubt something in it smells similar to you. That happens to me a lot too.

But I seriously doubt they picked TM as their model to "rip off."

Quote Originally Posted by StylinLA View Post
    No...I don't doubt something in it smells similar to you. That happens to me a lot too.

But I seriously doubt they picked TM as their model to "rip off."
    I thought that too, but hey...they are selling fakes of TM which shocked me....so I guess anything is possible.

I guess TM is selling well enough to not be discontinued. But taking a shot in the dark, I'd say they're selling fake TMs to cash in on people who confuse TM with Vintage Tabarome. Lot of novices hear about "Tabarome," and don't know the distinctions between TM and VT.

Quote Originally Posted by Captcrunch View Post
    Oh man, i did a side by side of these two. You may be right about the ginger in the top, but there is no mistaking the middle/base of these two. Correct me if Im wrong, but didn't you say you also don't get the unforgivable -MI connection?
    I totally get the MI/Unforgivable connection, so much so that I finally tracked down a bottle of Unforgivable Multi-Platinum and have made that work for me for quite a while at a fraction of the cost.

I guess some of the midnotes might be similar - I've actually tested this earlier today, have showered since - where there's a bit of spice, very slight tobacco in both, but Dirty English and Tabarome totally wear differently on me. I get DE's vetiver and spice drydown within an hour to just a dry, woodsy base, whereas I have ginger and tobacco that gently slides into a sweeter spice based drydown with Tabarome... no vetiver but a creamier base.

Mind you... my nose is as trained as a child's; take my opinion with a grain of salt - hell, I sometimes disregard my own opinions. But I don't get a similarity with DE/TM. I did smell something once before that reminded me of TM though. Just wish I could remember it.

I don't get much similarity between Tabarome Millesime and Dirty English. I do however get a LOT of similarity between Tabarome Millesime and Rochas Lui. Rochas Lui was made just three years after Tabarome Millesime, so I suppose it's possible TM was used as its template. I haven't done a side by side comparison between them but every time I've tried TM, I think "Rochas Lui."

I really like TM and I have sampled DE finding nothing I like about it....at all. Doesn't mean they don't share some notes and you happen to pick up on those more than most others do, myself included.

I have the same thing going with Brit and The One, most people said 'not the same' or 'nothing similar'. I just pick up similarities in the heart of the dry down that seem more obvious every time I wear either one, once you strip away the obvious differences that make those two very different in presentation.

So just go with what your nose tells you and don't worry about what other people do or don't pick up. If you like that similarity between the two, as I do with the Brit/The One, then run with it, enjoy it and don't let anyone make you doubt your opinion.
    ***My SALE thread***My TRADE thread***
    Frag addicted? Join the support group We are too but dam we smell good!

No resemblance. I find Dirty English an amber, and I find it to be a milk toast copy of scents like Amber Absolute/Amber Sultane (I know it really doesn't deserve to be compared to those).

DE started pretty sweet and spicy on my skin and then got really really dry like GPH1. In comparison to Tabarome, I don't see much in common.