Code of Conduct

Wink So what do you think about Sonia Rykiel (1997) ?

I finally had the chance to sample Sonia Rykiel, the self titled 1997 release that comes in a dark orange box This, after trying really hard to figure out what a particular sample vial I used 12 years ago in this thread :

http://www.basenotes.net/threads/248......?highlight=

Well, the response in that thread was quite good and I am very thankful to all those that responded. What I came out of that thread was Sonia Rykiel. If it wasn't SR, then I would have been at a loss as to what the particular scent was. But as soon as I sampled it ( finally, after all that time), I knew it was "it".

This comes across as almost a semi-edible fragrance. A sort of gourmand ? This makes me contradict myself in a way, as I tend to dislike gourmands actually. Once SR reaches the stages of its later drydown ( pretty much the bottom notes), it really seems to be close to a mens designer sweet/"gourmandish" fragrance. Still, far from masculine or "mannish" ( thats not really a word). There is something there that makes SR feminine. As well, mostly the top and middle stages are more leaning towards the feminine side. I do get a fruit-like opening and I like the transition of the top notes towards some of the other notes in the first hour of wearing. Definetly a dead giveaway to the vial I was trying to search for. Don't ask me about the phantom "rose" note

Overall, a nice scent. I am not sure if I want a full bottle, but its nice. Most of all, I do not know if I would wear this too much. I already have Givenchy Play Intense for all my foody vanilla needs. But the hard work in searching for SR makes me feel a need to justify it all.

Thanks for those who read my post. Now, I would like to read your thoughts on Sonia Rykiel. What do you think of it ? Even if you can't stand it, let us all know. There are only 5 reviews in the directory and a couple of old threads.

Thanks !
    Seeking: Bottles/decants : of Feeling Man, Gucci pour Homme, Essence of John Galliano, Nicole Miller (vintage), Opium pour Homme, Oxford & Cambridge, Concentré D'Orange Verte...etc.

Seeking decant/sample of Jil Sander Feeling Man, Cacharel Nemo, Bijan for Men EDC, Lanvin for Men, Giorgio VIP, Il Lancetti and other old school frags ....etc. I have samples to swap.

More HERE
    Please PM me !

Default Re: So what do you think about Sonia Rykiel (1997) ?

It is a gourmand floriental, not dissimilar to CK Euphoria, TM Angel, Chopard Wish, Molinard Nirmala, John Varvatos EdP and Juliet has a Gun Lady Vengeance.

Bright fruity top with pineapple --> roses/florals --> woody patchouli with hints of vanilla.

The only two masculine aspects might be:
    1) quite sharp citrus on top and
    2) nice rounded patchouli in the drydown.

PM me your address, BTW, I can get you up to 5ml of Molinard Ambre. At no cost.

I like it very much and wore it a lot about ten years ago. The only thing in it I don't care for is the pineapple top note, but thankfully that doesn't last long.
    "Wovon man nicht lesen kann, darüber muss man schreiben."

Good to hear the responses from both you, thanks

So there is a floral component here. There are many times I am at a blank when trying to think what I am smelling ( ie what notes...etc).
    Seeking: Bottles/decants : of Feeling Man, Gucci pour Homme, Essence of John Galliano, Nicole Miller (vintage), Opium pour Homme, Oxford & Cambridge, Concentré D'Orange Verte...etc.

Seeking decant/sample of Jil Sander Feeling Man, Cacharel Nemo, Bijan for Men EDC, Lanvin for Men, Giorgio VIP, Il Lancetti and other old school frags ....etc. I have samples to swap.

More HERE
    Please PM me !