Code of Conduct

Default Question about peoples SotD/SotE

When you guy wear a fragrance that has a high ranking in your wardrobe, does that mean its a special occasion or do you wear ur top fragrances regardless of occasion?

Default Re: Question about peoples SotD/SotE

I wear my very best fragrances regardless of the occasion.
    Spray it, don’t say it…
    WARDROBE

I wear what I want any time.....I do not save a high ranking scent for a special day or time.....I am cautious with the more expensive items for sure.....I am curious to read what others have to say!!!
    Gary

so if u guys are just going out to run some errands, you would put on a fragrance that u wud also put on if ur trying to impress people at a get together or something?

Presently, I wear my better scents for situations or days ranging from business casual up to special occassions. I have a few less expensive ones (ex. Chrome, Grey Flannel, things like that) which I will wear for days were I am being more physically active (i.e. working out, fixing things). I try to always have something on I like, yet try to be practical and get the most enjoyment and bang for the buck on my better ones.

I'm working toward a more pared down wardrobe pf scents I really love, which will necessarily lead to using "better" scents more frequently.

Blog Entries

Are you interested in the point of view of a middle aged woman?

I wear whatever I like, whenever I like.

L'Artisan Fleur d'Oranger or Amouage Gold to go grocery shopping? Why not?

I won't live forever, and have learned not to save things for special occasions. We use our good china on a daily basis, too. Why not enjoy beautiful things regularly?

I usually wear two scents per day. When one wears off, I apply another.

I agree with 30 Roses. The good things in life are meant to be enjoyed. This reminds me of the tale of an elderly widower who was sorting through his wife's effects. Throughout their long marriage, he had given her many nice things for her to use: lingerie, silk scarves, jewellery and perfume. She was delighted with each gift and stored them away to use "at a special time." Tha special time never came for many of those things, and the widower never got to see his wife enjoy those gifts.

Carpe diem, everyone! I use my Chanel Cuir de Russie when I am in the house all day doing chores!
    "No sweet perfume ever tortured me more than this." Desert Rose by Sting and Cheb Mami, Album 1999.

Quote Originally Posted by jonny19 View Post
    so if u guys are just going out to run some errands, you would put on a fragrance that u wud also put on if ur trying to impress people at a get together or something?
    correct
    Spray it, don’t say it…
    WARDROBE

No correlation at all. I wear whatever my hand grabs in the morning.

ok. you guys have made me feel alot better sometimes when i wear fragrances i love when im not doing something important i feel bad about it. but now i feel better about wearing them with peace of mind

Wear what you want, where you want, when you want, how you want... Simple.

Quote Originally Posted by jonny19 View Post
    Pretty much whatever I think I'll feel comfortable in, or haven't tried in a while, or goes with my shirt. Once, I even matched a sample to the holiday. As far as I'm concerned, it's the ones you don't or won't wear that are too expensive.

Yard work is best in something that doesn't get rank once the heat and sweat combine, regardless of price or official gender. L'Heure Bleue is one of the fragrances on that short list, along with Knize Ten

My rating system is what I think of the scent, regardless of the situation I would wear it. I'm mostly gravitate toward fragrances that are versatile.

You bought it - wear it. Maybe it's something that comes with age, but everyday is a "special" occasion.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by KMF View Post
    this

I agree with Primrose , " Carpe diem "

I wear my best fragances when I stay in my house ,
    sometimes depend of weather
    and when I stay in public I try to use and wear inofensive and discret fragrances
    or in case of strong fragrances only one stick or one spray ...
    Looking for Creed Spice & Wood / swap fragances , Creed Vingate Tabarome and more... http://www.basenotes.net/threads/374...me-Cuir-Beluga

I wake up in the morning and see what's my mood ,i see my daily program,see the weather but most of all see what i would like to wear or to say it more clearly what i would like to smell like ,for instance a spring sunny day i would like to wear a nice floriental or in wintwer a warm spicy one !I use all of my perfume range throughout the year ...but my favorites i like to wear in special occasions
    LOVE IS BEST
    My sale thread :http://www.basenotes.net/search.php?searchid=2281122
    "There are people of spirit and there are people of passion but much less common that one might think. Rarer still are the people of passion and spirit. But rarest of all is a passionate spirit."
    -- Martin Buber

I go with whatever mood I'm in... usually thought about while in the shower in the morning, come out, get dressed and it's on me before I know it.

And if my day has errands, meetings, time at the park or just being a lazy bum around the house... I'll have a fragrance on out of habit. Only avoid fragrances when I'm camping, fishing or if I'm at the cabin.

If its rated below 4 stars, I'm probably trying to find a way to get rid of it, or am still sampling because I want to give it another chance. I want everything I own to be wearable and enjoyable.

I switch it up. This morning, I felt compelled to wear Mouchoir de Monsieur for church in support of Jean-Paul Guerlain, not what he said, mind you, but the man himself who has appologized for his slip-up but is still being beaten up by people who just won't accept his appology and get on with life. Mouchoir de Monsieur is not a favorite of mine, but it is the only Guerlain I have. I do half-way agree with Mr. Guerlain when he said, "There are only two good fougères in the world, Mouchoir de Monsieur and Jicky. The rest are for truckers." I don't care for Jicky which leaves Mouchoir de Monsieur and it's ok at best. But, I wore it.

Then later in the afternoon, I put on Eau Sauvage for the gym. Eau Sauvage is also not a huge favorite of mine (I'd rather wear Monsieur de Givenchy -- Mythical Range, of course) but I really felt that after havng worn a classic fougère, I really wanted a straight-ahead chypre for a few hours.

And now, to finish the evening, Armani Code, a very nice oriental.

None of those are especially my favorites, but I was happy to have worn the fougère because that is a rare thing for me. I don't much care for fougères. But one should wear one every now and then for the educational experience. Why do we Lutherans eat lutefish once per year? To remind ourselves why we only eat lutefisk once per year, that's why!

Eau Sauvage grows on me each time I wear it, but it's still not my favorite chypre, but it is a classic chypre and so one should wear it every now and then for the educational experience, I guess.

Code is a secret indulgence of mine. Yes, I know, some people here think that it's tawdry and mass-marketed, but it's just good and I like it.

So, quite a ride today.
    Last edited by Gollnick; 18th October 2010 at 06:27 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by 30 Roses View Post
    I wear whatever I like, whenever I like...

I won't live forever, and have learned not to save things for special occasions. We use our good china on a daily basis, too. Why not enjoy beautiful things regularly?
    Amen!

Basenotes Plus

Quote Originally Posted by KMF View Post
    Agreed.

The best things are just good enough.....

Sur la Plage

I wear whatever I like, whenever I like.
    Ditto.
    Please feel free to check out my Swap Thread - Patou pour Homme, L'Instant de Guerlain PH Extreme, Dior Homme Intense, Pure Malt, Pure Coffee and many more! Click Here For My Swap Thread

DeepSilence

I wear whatever i like. But i regard Seasons. It's difficult for myself to wear some spicy, strong fragrance in summer.

DeepSilence

Why not enjoy beautiful things regularly?
    Exactly! Otherwise one day it will break, get lost, spoil - or that perfect special occasion just won't materialize. Our family had 10 Wedgewood place settings for a formal dinner, used once a year for 15 years = only 15 uses. One year someone stacked them too high...

Use it or lose it.
    Carpe Diem!
    Anakin: What was that all about?
    Obi-Wan: Well, R2 has been...
    Anakin: No loose wire jokes.
    Obi-Wan: Did I say anything?
    Anakin: He's trying.
    Obi-Wan: I didn't say anything!

-ROTS

As silly as it may sound i try and wear my best fragrances when i do nothing at all.....brightens up an otherwise boring day :-)