Code of Conduct

View Poll Results: What is the ultimate sexy fragrance?

Voters
136. You may not vote on this poll
  • Musc Ravageur

37 27.21%
  • Le Male

6 4.41%
  • Obsession

2 1.47%
  • Pure Malt

8 5.88%
  • Angel Men

7 5.15%
  • Tobacco Vanille

3 2.21%
  • Body Kouros

16 11.76%
  • Kouros

5 3.68%
  • Armani Code

3 2.21%
  • Opium

11 8.09%
  • Antaeus

11 8.09%
  • La Nuit de Lhomme

7 5.15%
  • Green Irish Tweed

4 2.94%
  • Bvlgari Black

5 3.68%
  • Rochas man

6 4.41%
  • Gucci Envy

5 3.68%
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Default Re: The new essence of sex poll

am i the only one that thinks its ridiculous that Opium has more votes then Le male, Pure Malt,La Nuit and A*men?

i mean. i have it. i enjoy it. its a sexy fragrance, but...

there are many interpretations of makes a fragrance sexy.

Quote Originally Posted by josephga View Post
    I need too get my nose on some Musc Ravageur no one around here has it
    Put you nose into a container of this and you're 80% of the way there. Cinnamon and musk complete the experience.

Quote Originally Posted by adonis View Post
    Put you nose into a container of this and you're 80% of the way there. Cinnamon and musk complete the experience.

I don't know about that, but their powdered milk smells so good, my girlfriend says it smells exactly like one of my favorite candles, which itself does not smell far from musk ravageur. Nestle does make good stuff, they're one of those non-perfume business who should make perfumes

Quote Originally Posted by taint it sweet View Post
    After all these comments I'm definitely interested in Musc Ravageur and Pure Malt...anybody know where I can pick up Musc Ravageur other than Barney's? I'm also having trouble finding Pure Malt online and I went to Macy's and Sephora today and they didn't have it...
    Barney's seems to have the Frederic Malle collection exclusively in the US. You can get samples of Musc Ravageur at The Perfumed Court (Google). Try Nordstrom for Pure Malt.

@Johnny

I've noticed Le Male did't get much votes. Indeed when you put it next to Body Kouros, it is Body Kouros wich is erotic and deep, bit dark. Le Male is free, happy, maybe little bit cocky but funny guy, vibrant. I guess you might say these are sexy elements, but Body Kouros is that serios guy with black shirt (not T-shirt), long looks, intimate etc. I'd wear BK 100 times on a date with a girl than Le Male, but that doesn't mean I'd never Le Male on a date, I would if it was day and a date was casual

The other I must mention is Givenchy Pi - I'd wear this on a really serious romantic occasion + evening.

Cartoonish Royalty Le Grand Duc's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by DavidBond007 View Post
    What makes Antaeus sexy in your opinion? I have tried it and I like it but never associated it with sexy at first.
    I explained that in my first post in this thread,
    ppl find ME sexy in it ... that's why!

Quote Originally Posted by jonny19 View Post
    ive heard that antaeus smells like an old ladies perfume. is this true? is it one of those fragrance that are loved because its "unique" and "differnt"
    There is one hugely unflattering review on youtube calling it an 'old lady scent',
    it's not. It's über masculine. But, it's deffinately not for teens, though!

Quote Originally Posted by Le Grand Duc View Post
    I explained that in my first post in this thread,
    ppl find ME sexy in it ... that's why!

There is one hugely unflattering review on youtube calling it an 'old lady scent',
    it's not. It's über masculine. But, it's deffinately not for teens, though!
    I understand Duke lol. Musc Ravageur is very sexy in my mind, i got complimented on it the first day i tried it on, tobacco vanille is nice too though my girlfriend adores it, but I feel that musc ravageur is just the pure essence of sex which I have been looking for.

Musc Ravageur still winning.

3 more days and we will have an undisputed champion.

Went with Musc Ravageur, even though I still need to try it But hey, it has a large majority of the votes, and the ones I have tried on here I don't really think of as "sexy".
    “Love is when a girl puts on perfume and a boy puts on shaving cologne and they go out and smell each other.”
    Karl, age 5

Swapping
    Selling
    Seeking

Quote Originally Posted by CanwllCorfe View Post
    Went with Musc Ravageur, even though I still need to try it But hey, it has a large majority of the votes, and the ones I have tried on here I don't really think of as "sexy".
    Email Barneys and get a sample you will be amazed trust me. That stuff is the sexiest I have smelled, Tobacco Vanille is right next to it but I think mr has the edge.

It's such a shame I haven't tried the top 2, Musc Ravageur and Body Kouros, yet
    And from what I know, from the poll, I'll go with Opium

Musc Ravageur still winning.
    I asked for it in the biggest parfumerie in Copenhagen today,
    Frederic Malle's perfumes are not avalible in Denmark at all!

Quote Originally Posted by CanwllCorfe View Post
    Went with Musc Ravageur, even though I still need to try it
    Hey! That's cheating! I demand a re-vote!

I asked for it in the biggest parfumerie in Copenhagen today,
    Frederic Malle's perfumes are not avalible in Denmark at all!

Hey! That's cheating! I demand a re-vote!
    is it possible to talk with some people in Paris? if not the purfumed court should have it among other places. if you like angel men this one is even sexier I feel they have similar profiles but mr has better quality and more spice.

@ David: I just love how our creed whore is diving into other niches

@ jonny : Seriously, I find Le Male synthetic and cheap but certainly not sexy. Part of this must be due to the fact, that it's HUGELY overworn in Berlin, especially by those wannabe machos that walk around looking for fights, as long as they are in groups consisting at least of three times the amount of people they want to fight with. Obviously LM suits the zeitgeist and the idea behind it is certianly interesting but while that idea is not my cup of tea already, LM IMHO is a very poor execution of it. I suspect some other BNs think similarly.

back on topic : MR gets my voteas well albeit I have my reservations. Sensual, intimite, cosy? yep, MR.
    Bold, nasty and almost like the act itself? MKK!
    Masculine, confident and testosterone loaded (this combination is considered uber exy by my GF and many other women I know) ? Something along the lines of Antaeus, Azzaro or even Kouros.
    Smellin good

Quote Originally Posted by timaru View Post
    @ David: I just love how our creed whore is diving into other niches

@ jonny : Seriously, I find Le Male synthetic and cheap but certainly not sexy. Part of this must be due to the fact, that it's HUGELY overworn in Berlin, especially by those wannabe machos that walk around looking for fights, as long as they are in groups consisting at least of three times the amount of people they want to fight with. Obviously LM suits the zeitgeist and the idea behind it is certianly interesting but while that idea is not my cup of tea already, LM IMHO is a very poor execution of it. I suspect some other BNs think similarly.

back on topic : MR gets my voteas well albeit I have my reservations. Sensual, intimite, cosy? yep, MR.
    Bold, nasty and almost like the act itself? MKK!
    Masculine, confident and testosterone loaded (this combination is considered uber exy by my GF and many other women I know) ? Something along the lines of Antaeus, Azzaro or even Kouros.
    Yes I am a Creed whore for sure, I like some other niche fragrances I still think Creed has the best selection and quality but I love some of the other colognes out there. I have tried all of the big names , they all have one or two nice gems but I still feel Creed is the big dog, but I do want musc rav and tobacco vanille for sure those are nice. I prefer niche fragrances it seems, to me they put more time and effort into making them and are more unique.

Yes I am a Creed whore for sure, I like some other niche fragrances I still think Creed has the best selection and quality but I love some of the other colognes out there. I have tried all of the big names , they all have one or two nice gems but I still feel Creed is the big dog, but I do want musc rav and tobacco vanille for sure those are nice. I prefer niche fragrances it seems, to me they put more time and effort into making them and are more unique.

I get you. Creed just didn't do it for me, though, I'm more of a sucker for PdE and Tauer
    I remember times when EVERY other post of yours was about creed so it's nice to see you havent quit there right away
    Smellin good

I get you. Creed just didn't do it for me, though, I'm more of a sucker for PdE and Tauer
    I remember times when EVERY other post of yours was about creed so it's nice to see you havent quit there right away
    Thanks, I love Creed for some reason it works on my skin. At the same time I have heard good things about other niche houses and thought I might as well try them since Creed was not making anything new at the time and there are some nice ones out there but on me Creed still takes the cake but Creed is lacking in the oriental/gourmand realm. They have nice daytime, formal, informal and classy fragrances but they are lacking the sexy,sensual, romantic type of frags like Musc Rav, tobacco vanille,etc.

@ timaru

off topic

I didn't know that Berlin has a lot of violent packs of guys fightin'...but then again it is a big city, Zagreb is fairly smaller and has such profound examples of our greatly advanced civilization too.

Well, it does and unfortunately if you like the nightlife one cant really avoid them altogether
    Dont big cities always attract the plebs?
    But then again, i wouldnt want to be anywhere else.
    Smellin good

Mr. Bond, David Bond ... how many frags will continue to the next round of voting?!

Mr. Bond, David Bond ... how many frags will continue to the next round of voting?!
    hmmm good question my good man i did not think of that before. If people are interested in a second round,etc like the last time I would love to hear what you all think. If so I will have 8 in the second round, 4 in the third and 2 in the final.

hmmm good question my good man i did not think of that before. If people are interested in a second round,etc like the last time I would love to hear what you all think. If so I will have 8 in the second round, 4 in the third and 2 in the final.

Boy, am I lookin forward to BMM. Is bluesoul still with us?
    Smellin good

Well, seeing that Antaeus holds a fourth place as of now,
    I guess 8 would be fine ...
    Just not that exciting with the Musk on the list .. buh huuuh!

fountain

imo, the real sexy frag is bakir which, mistargeted at women, oozes all (nice) things carnal i voted for kouros, however, for the 'masculine' frags are listed.

Well, seeing that Antaeus holds a fourth place as of now,
    I guess 8 would be fine ...
    Just not that exciting with the Musk on the list .. buh huuuh!
    Ok round 2 will be 8, we will continue the tournament after this round, it will be 4 rounds total. We will have a crowned champion hopefully this time since no one won in the last tournament. I will shorten the amount of time for the other rounds the next 2 will be 3 days and the final battle will be 1 day.

@ Timaru I did not understand what you said.

it will be 4 rounds total.

YAAAY!

Give me an A to the N to the T to the AEUS!

YAAAY!

Give me an A to the N to the T to the AEUS!

that made my day lol

On this list Green Irish Tweed and Musc Ravageur.

Not on the list: Penhaligons Endymion. Mmmmmm
    <><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><> <><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><>

Obsessions of the Moment- Kristiansand EDC, Green Irish Tweed, Zizan

Granted, we've known each other for some time. It don't take a whole day to recognize sunshine. ~ Common Sense

Voted 4 MR because it was the closest I could see on your list to the real winner: MKK
    Scents are fleeting . . . memories are not. . . .

Quote Originally Posted by zeram1 View Post
    Voted 4 MR because it was the closest I could see on your list to the real winner: MKK
    would you be so kind for me to sample some of that? i am like a big ol beggar here lol.

well, it does and unfortunately if you like the nightlife one cant really avoid them altogether
    dont big cities always attract the plebs?
    But then again, i wouldnt want to be anywhere else.
    +1

I meant I'm looking forward to BasenotesMarchMadness, a one on one tournament af i think 32 or 64 frags. the fun is predicting the whole outcome and the rounds are decided by polls.
    BlueSoul was the one in charge of that but I see he hasnt been active in months
    Smellin good

oh ok

1 day left

Banned
    Blog Entries

Le Male always gets tons of compliments

Musc Ravageur from this 2010 list.
    Remember that while it is perfectly acceptable to criticize the content of a post - criticizing the poster is not.
    Mean spirited, nasty, snide, sarcastic, hateful, and rude individuals don't warrant or deserve other individuals' acknowledgement or respect.