Code of Conduct

Default Are any of the "car" fragrances outstanding?

By now there are plenty of car fragrances, from Chevy to Hummer to Jaguar and even Daytona 500. Do you find any of them to be very good fragrances?

Probably the best one I've tried is Ferrari Passion. It's good but not what I'd consider outstanding.

Default Re: Are any of the "car" fragrances outstanding?

Cartier Roadster is pretty darn good, but not a "car" fragrance in the narrowest sense.
    Spray it, don’t say it…
    WARDROBE

Sur la Plage

Jaguar Mark II
    Please feel free to check out my Swap Thread - Patou pour Homme, L'Instant de Guerlain PH Extreme, Dior Homme Intense, Pure Malt, Pure Coffee and many more! Click Here For My Swap Thread

vita odorifera
    Blog Entries

Those i know and like a lot:

Jaguar Original
    Ferrari Uomo
    Hummer
    ointments and perfume delight the heart....

#BBOG!

I've heard good things about Porsche Design fragrance. Will sure try it I guess

Cadillac for Men is an excellent oriental, similar in many ways to Arpège pour Homme by Lanvin. The primary difference is that while Arpège pour Homme has a prominent Iris note, Cadillac instead features a prominent Tarragon note. I am quite happy with my acquisition of Cadillac for Men!

I think Hummer H2 is a great addition to a fragrance collection.

Lauder Mustang is the cream of the crop right now. It's a very good Chanel Allure Homme alternative at a fraction of the price.

Another vote for Jaguar Original

Quote Originally Posted by ubergeek View Post
    Lauder Mustang is the cream of the crop right now. It's a very good Chanel Allure Homme alternative at a fraction of the price.
    Love this stuff! Gentle pipe tobacco... great fragrance for the price!
    "Live in each season as it passes; breathe the air, drink the drink, taste the fruit, and resign yourself to the influences of each!" - Henry David Thoreau

Quote Originally Posted by ubergeek View Post
    Is it this one? http://www.basenotes.net/ID26127208.html

Quote Originally Posted by karisuma View Post
    Hey karisuma! For me, it's the one with the Mustang car symbol... not the one you showed. Can find in most drug stores/ department stores
    Last edited by telecaster; 18th October 2010 at 09:21 PM.
    "Live in each season as it passes; breathe the air, drink the drink, taste the fruit, and resign yourself to the influences of each!" - Henry David Thoreau

+1 for both Jaguar original and Jaguar Mark II.

Maserati original, Maserati Shamal, and the original Lamborghini are all excellent old school style fragrances. Unfortunately these are discontinued and may be hard to find, especially the Lamborghini. But definitely worth it if you like the style and happen to come across any of them.

Quote Originally Posted by telecaster View Post
    Hey Karisum! For me, it's the one with the Mustang car symbol... not the one you showed. Can find in most drug stores/ department stores
    Is it this?

Quote Originally Posted by petruccijc View Post
    Jaguar Mark II
    I agree.....Gary

Is it this?

Yes! That one! Sorry for misspelling your name... I did correct it..

Glad to see other fans of Mustang. I like it also

Roadster by Cartier.

This is not a brand of car, but concept based on the two-seater sportscar, which was pioneered by a particular man of fashion in his carriage--a very fast two-horse, two-wheeled carriage with the leather hood "struck down," the forerunner of the convertible sportscar.

I like the fresh mint note in Roadster.
    "No sweet perfume ever tortured me more than this." Desert Rose by Sting and Cheb Mami, Album 1999.

Quote Originally Posted by SillageMonger View Post
    Cadillac for Men is an excellent oriental, similar in many ways to Arpège pour Homme by Lanvin. The primary difference is that while Arpège pour Homme has a prominent Iris note, Cadillac instead features a prominent Tarragon note. I am quite happy with my acquisition of Cadillac for Men!
    Definitely my pick also for the best "car" fragrance. Works much better in cooler weather as it is somewhat powdery but very good for what it is. I also have Maserati which is kind of a generic night time scent. Didn't like any of the Lamborghini frags, Mustang was just OK, the Hummers and Porsche frags didn't do anything for me either. Also tried all the Jaguars and the first is the best, but still not fbw for me.

I'm a big car buff, so of course I own a lot of these car brand colognes. I like all the ones I have, but my favorites are Cadillac, Hummer and Ferrari Racing. Check out my reviews to get a more detailed idea of what they smell like.
    Check out my blog Pour Monsieur, a no-nonsense guide to men's fragrances:
    http://pourmonsieurblog.blogspot.com/

Any fragrance that should not be worn in public, should be worn in public.

Classic Jaguar ain't bad at all, the other Jaguar fragrances, while not as good as Classic Jaguar, are much better than most of the tepid "modern" fragrances (aquatics and their kind).
    I bought in ebay "Chevrolet for Men" and like Gomer Pyle would say: Surprise, Surprise, Surprise!!! It is actually very good, and the flacon is a keeper, shaped as a pneumatic tire (tyre as you brits would spell it) with the bowtie emblem on it. (Actually it is made in Italy LOL). This is a Corvette, not an Aveo.
    Last edited by PerfumeCollector; 19th October 2010 at 04:58 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by PerfumeCollector View Post
    Classic Jaguar ain't bad at all, the other Jaguar fragrances, while not as good as Classic Jaguar, are much better than most of the tepid "modern" fragrances (aquatics and their kind).
    I bought in ebay "Chevrolet for Men" and what a surprise, it is actually very good, and the flacon is a keeper. It is a pneumatic tire (tyre as you brits would spell it) with the bowtie emblem on it. (Actually it is made in Italy LOL)
    I wonder if it's the same Chevrolet frag that ppl saw at Big Lots for $3 - $4. I passed at the time. But at that price it can't hurt to blind buy.

I wonder if it's the same Chevrolet frag that ppl saw at Big Lots for $3 - $4. I passed at the time. But at that price it can't hurt to blind buy.
    I have not seen it in neither of the two local Big Lots!, I'll check them out this weekend for sure.

Quote Originally Posted by PerfumeCollector View Post
    I have not seen it in neither of the two local Big Lots!, I'll check them out this weekend for sure.
    It was spotted in May 2009. But you may find them now still.