Code of Conduct

Default Dunhill for Men and Dunhill Edition Questions

Hi All,

So maybe its best to ask this question in parts... first, has the Dunhill for Men, the original from 1934, been discontinued? I've read through various posts and some seem to imply its still available direct from Dunhill or a few online retailers, others that what's out there is old stock. Any information appreciated...

OK, so second question, I've also read that Dunhill Edition has been re-released, but I can't seem to find it anywhere online other then test vials or from places I don't really trust... is it now available, and if so can someone point me to a good source?

Lastly, for anyone who's owned both, how would you compare the original to Edition? Is the latter an update or related scent, or completely different?

Thanks much!

Best,

Joel

Default Re: Dunhill for Men and Dunhill Edition Questions

I have Dunhill for Men and I tried Edition (from a decant someone gave me). The scents are not related in my opinion, I love For Men, didn't like Edition all that much (although it's certainly a quality scent). Sorry, I don't have the vocabulary to describe the differences accurately. For Men is rather subdued, Edition is more spicy.
    Dunhill For Men seems to be in production: I can buy it locally (here in The Netherlands) from the shop behind www.parfumerie.nl. That shop specializes, among other things, in difficult to find classic fragrances. It's the only brick-and-mortar store I know where Dunhill For Men is sold.

Dunhill Edition I've only seen on eBay, I know for a fact that the person who gave me the decant bought their bottle on eBay.
    Jan Pieter