Code of Conduct
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Default Re: YSL OPIUM, EDT or EDP?

Quote Originally Posted by senore01 View Post
    I adore Opium Pour Homme edp. It is such a clean, sweet, vanilla scent. I do not detect any old man vibe in the edp. Quite to the contrary, I think it smells as if it could have been introduced this year. The edt version is more woodsy with less longevity and projection. I really, really like this fragrance. It is one of YSL's masterpieces. I will always have a bottle in my fragrance wardrobe. Difficult to get the edp version.

More woodsy, that's what I noticed today. I remember thinking blackcurrant, vanilla and something subtle spicy and excellent that I couldn't put a name in the past but today I got really strong woods.
    Anyone know what the notes are supposed to be in the EDT?
    The database is still down.

Quote Originally Posted by bgoc View Post
    Anybody still see Opium Homme EDP in the market anymore?
    Yup - three 50mL refillables bottles of it @ my local perfume store. It was reasonably inexpensive, considering it's Australian prices I'm dealing with. I bought one of the three today for A$79.

Quote Originally Posted by bgoc View Post
    Anybody still see Opium Homme EDP in the market anymore?
    They're available at john Lewis and selfridges around £50 for a refill.

I always prefer EDPs when I can get my hands on them. I prefer the longevity and sillage of most EDPs over their EDT counterparts.

Hi,

Today I Bought YSL Opium EDP, this is a masterpiece!!!

EDP is great if you are looking for perhaps one of the most powerful and potent fragrances out there. Absolutely the loudest one in my wardrobe. EDT is more behaved, and feels fresher/less dense

I ABHOR Opium pour homme. It has some disgusting topnote that I cannot tolerate. The female fragrance, on the other hand, is delicious and perfectly wearable by men.

I have nearly most of the YSL line for men except Opium PH!
    Always thought it is very heavy and dense, as some people I knew wore it as a very dark scent and they behaved really rudely! So I had always thought I should not be like those!!!
    But now i've decided to go and test this too from one of my ever favorite houses YSL!

What an old thread, but tnx for "reviving" it. It was nice to read it again for the sake of reminiscence

i recently got the EDT and think its great...i found longevity good but kinda close the the skin...i have the EDP on the way, blind...I hope it a winner!

Quote Originally Posted by bcoops View Post
    i recently got the EDT and think its great...i found longevity good but kinda close the the skin...i have the EDP on the way, blind...I hope it a winner!
    My friend uses it as a signature scent and it reeks for hours. He is the reason I got to hate the scent in the end. When I started this thread, it seemed so promising, but years later I can't stand it. This certain note that pertains constantly as a dense cloud of dry spices, I just can't stand it.