Code of Conduct
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Default Re: Please can anyone suggest some lifting notes for a special blend?

Next weeks mission. To obtain a micropipette and nibs and to dilute some of the EO's to 20% in alcohol. The diluted oils are in brown bottles, so some blue bottles can be obtained to keep the alcohol dilutes in to save a muddle. There will be three bottles for every smell type.... a new cupboard will rapidly become necessary. (I told my OH that this hobby was small).....already ha ha.

Brew 1 got worn as a test today, and got no remarks from anyone .... at least no-one recoiled!
    The frankincense has emerged from being drowned by the mandarin and they are much happier together now blended. I will blend again with alcohol and again with aldehydes to see what happens.

I tried Frankincense 10, rosewood 5 and litsea cubeba 3 to see what happened. The Litsea dominates the entire brew. Powerful stuff indeed. I shall try again with less. This smelt like medicine a bit, like the yellow reconstituted powder penicillin one given to kids.
    Currently wearing: Gilda by Pierre Wulff

Quote Originally Posted by mumsy View Post
    I will blend again with alcohol and again with aldehydes to see what happens.
    i think you probably get more lift and sparkle than you were asking for. judging from your formula, the top notes are going to explode. :)
    a problem is likely going to appear on the other side of the spectrum. the oil act as a fixative but depresses the topnotes. the alcohol makes everything more volatile, you will most likely need a higher ratio of heart- and especially basenotes, to anchor it.

Another idea to add lift is to use some linalool or ethyl linalool. This are kind of generic floral notes. Very nice in a blend (even in a men's cologne). Of course, this is in an alcohol based blend. The linalool seems to work well with citrus as well. And for citrus, try small amounts of citral (and limonene is nice too).

Good luck

the second formula might actually work, in alcohol.

about these pipette guns, i am considering one of these as well. i still work with plastic pipettes, but i would like to be more precise, and be able to drop smaller amounts. what price do pay for the disposable tips?

Gido, I buy pipette tips in bulk -I think they're about $15 for 1000, but this is in the US. The ones in the cases are a bit more expensive, but I found it worthwhile to get one batch that way because the cases are useful for storing tips that you use often and repeatedly for the same thing and/or for storing 1 ml vials.
    Blog: www.perfumenw.blogspot.com
    Website: Olympic Orchids Artisan Perfumes http://orchidscents.com.

I got 3 cases of the pipette tips which I label with the alphabet along the horizontal axis, and numbers along the z axis. So my first row of pipette tips are labeled:
    A1, B1, C1, D1, etc

and then back a row is
    A2, B2, C2, D2, etc

Of course, every bottle (and cap! you don't want to mix caps!) of a pre-diluted aromatic has a corresponding alphanumeric code written both on the bottle and cap.. This makes it very easy to match the pipette tip to the bottle in question.
    ***For sale:

Iris Pallida 50ml

Ungaro I 75ml

and more!
    - http://www.basenotes.net/threads/301...n-Man-and-more

and i was thinking i were the only one, labeling and storing disposable pipettes. ;)

Nope - I do that too. I could not possibly afford to chuck them the whole time, plus there is the environmental aspect of that.
    Currently wearing: Gilda by Pierre Wulff