Code of Conduct
    oliverandco

Default study Perfumery without the possession chemistry or university career

I am really interested in this ¨kind¨ of courses.
    i have contact with Ipsica and Givaudan.

Ipsica is only for Chemistry or Biology students
    Givaudan doesn´t accept people over 26 years old. I am 29

Any other recommendations?
    I want to learn all about aroma chemicals and raw materials, but i don´t want to spend many money for that.

I know Galimard parfumers from Grasse. i have contact them but they only have 3 days classes, which i imagine is not enough to learn deeply.

Default Re: study Perfumery without the possession chemistry or university career

i wish i has a good answer to this, oliver. but i don't.

oliverandco

Default Re: study Perfumery without the possession chemistry or university career

:-(

sorry! if you find something, let me know. i would very seriously consider some proper education if i only knew something that suits me.
    i know very little about chemistry too, and i am 38.

Jean Carles stated that if someone had a degree in chemistry, he would not accept them as a student. http://www.osmoz.com/News-Trends/Mag...-become-a-nose If you wish to become a corporate perfumer, then, yes, you will need some. If you wish to remain independent, an artisan, you will not. If you produce a line of creams, soaps and other couture perfumed items, you can hire a contract manufacturer, and they will have a chemist on staff to determine the pH, additives, etc., needed for commercial production. I know some basic, and I do mean basic chemistry, stuff about terpenes and such, and you can study that on your own. There are a number of self-study books that will assist your education about aroma chemicals, etc.
    Anya McCoy - http://anyasgarden.com/
    Best of the Best awards - Perfume: MoonDance, StarFlower, Amberess, Light, Royal Lotus and as
    Project Leader: Outlaw Perfume and Mystery of Musk
    Basic Perfumery Course with lifetime access to the website - http://perfumeclasses.com
    America's First Natural Perfume Line 1991
    First Artisan Perfumer Voted in as member of the American Society of Perfumery 2013

oliverandco

Hi Anya,

i really want to know all about build a parfum with both synthetic and naturals. What are these books you mentioned?

i m experimenting some confusing things... when i m in the process of creation, i use blotters and smells ok. then a put into my skin, and smells totally different.