Code of Conduct
    Basenotes Plus

Default SotD Thursday 28 October 2010

Good Morning!

Alien (Eau de Parfum) by Thierry Mugler.
    The Candy Perfume Boy:One boy's obsession with perfume and all things smelly.

Follow Fragrant Reviews on twitter for fragrance reviews in under 140 characters. Reviews by Candy Perfume Boy & GBlue.

Basenotes Plus

Default Re: SotD Thursday 28 October 2010

Bond No 9 Wall St.

Happy Birthday Lessa !.

Thumbs up Re: SotD Thursday 28 October 2010

DANS TES BRAS

by

Maurice Roucel

Notes of : Jasmine, Heliotrope, Woodsy Notes, Patchouli, Pine Tree

Editions de Parfums Frederic Malle
    Have I told you about the scent of jasmine? Have I spoken about the smell of the sea? The earth is scented. And I perfume myself to enhance what I am. That's why I can not wear a perfume that bothers me. Perfuming is an instinctive wisdom. And like all art, it requires some knowledge of yourself..."
    Clarice Lispector ( 1920-1977) - Perfumes da Terra / Earth
    Perfumes

Good morning all. Hope you have a better start of the day than me! After two days home being sick I decided to try go to "work" today...Only to find myself getting really ill all of a sudden once I got there So,now I'm home again. At least I smell good in Shalimar today

Take care, ineespenes - better take it easy till You feel strong again.
    Seems to be quite a lot of colds and various symptoms around, so wishing You all speedy recoveries!
    Coco for me again today.

Hello. In Jo Malone's Nectarine Blossom and Honey cologne today.

Best wishes to all those feeling poorly - take it easy.

Rive Gauche Pour Homme.
    I don't know much about medicine, but I know what I like. -- S.J. Perelman

Rochas Femme, the 1989 version retooled by Olivier Cresp, in an elderly parfum de toilette which is unbelievably rich, lush and, yes, fleshy.

I will get hold of a bottle of the vintage at some point, but I am really glad that I got to know the reformulation first, so that I can look upon them as separate fragrances and love them both. I think the Olivier Cresp version is beautiful.

Sur la Plage

Good morning! My SOTD is Comme des Garcons 2 MAN.

Notes include incense, white smoke, saffron flowers, nutmeg, vetiver roots, mahogany and leather.

Please feel free to check out my Swap Thread - Patou pour Homme, L'Instant de Guerlain PH Extreme, Dior Homme Intense, Pure Malt, Pure Coffee and many more! Click Here For My Swap Thread

Basenotes Plus

Happy birthday, Lessa!

Lolita Lempicka eau de parfum

Enjoy the day, all!
    "I felt something so intense, I could only express it in a perfume." - Jacques Guerlain

Happy Birthday to Lessa and many fragrant returns of the day!

Roberto, I know it must be just me, but every time I read the name of your SotD I chuckle, in my not so pristinely clean mind it somehow translates as "Dance without the bra".

We had some snow flurries yesterday, none has accumulated though. L'Occitane Eau d'Iparie from my new (slightly pre-loved) bottle thanks to a sweet BN friend. All about the town where myrrh and incense rule.

Cartoonish Royalty Le Grand Duc's Avatar

Alexander McQueen

KINGDOM

Happy birthday, Lessa!

Is this stuff great or what?!

staying with Hypnotic Poison today...toasty almond goodness
    "Like a lobster with a pearl in its claw, the beet held the jasmine firmly without crushing or obscuring it. Beet lifted jasmine, the way a bullnecked partner lifts a ballerina, and the pair came on stage on citron's fluty cue. As if jasmine were a collection of beautiful paintings, beet hung it in the galleries of the nose, insured it against fire or theft, threw a party to celebrate it. Citron mailed the invitations." Jitterbug Perfume by Tom Robbins p. 189

What I am loving right now: Shalimar vintage extrait, Chanel Bois des Iles, Chanel no. 22, Le Labo Iris 39, Guerlain Iris Ganache

Sample day! I'm giving a second wearing, first time at work, to Histoire de Parfums Moulin Rouge. This one really put a smile on my face with the small wrist sample, so now we will see how it performs as a full wearing. Thanks much to Mr. P for the sample!
    Happy birthday Lessa!!!

Notorious..................after all a little notoriety never hurt anyone did it?

Happy Birthday Lessa
    Happiness is a summer breeze, sand between your toes, and your family by your side.

Happy Birthday Lessa !! Enjoy your day!

Ines - hope you feel better soon

I'm wearing Beige (again) today. What can I say, I'm a Beige fan!
    Last edited by pomander; 28th October 2010 at 06:21 PM.
    "You can't change the past, but you can ruin the present by worrying about the future."

"Three essentials for a good life: Someone to love, somewhere to go, and something to look forward to."

Hello everyone!

I understand it won't last, but for now it's a perfectly gorgeous autumn morning! I've got another dance class today, so I'm in Chanel Coromandel.

Happy Birthday Lessa - make it a great one!

Take care of yourself inees, and get better soon!

Y'all have a beautiful day!
    Science is not only compatible with spirituality, it is a profound source of spirituality. When we recognize our place in an immensity of light-years and in the passage of ages, when we grasp the intricacy, beauty, and subtlety of life, then that soaring feeling, that sense of elation and humility combined, is surely spiritual. ..Carl Sagan

Quote Originally Posted by cello View Post
    Sample day! I'm giving a second wearing, first time at work, to Histoire de Parfums Moulin Rouge. This one really put a smile on my face with the small wrist sample, so now we will see how it performs as a full wearing.
    This has been on my "to test" list for a while now, too...the old-fashioned lipstick/makeup vibe, right? I'm looking forward to your impressions, so don't forget to report back!

Quote Originally Posted by Twolf View Post
    Roberto, I know it must be just me, but every time I read the name of your SotD I chuckle, in my not so pristinely clean mind it somehow translates as "Dance without the bra".
    You crack me up, Wolfie!
    Last edited by Evangeline; 28th October 2010 at 01:45 PM.
    Science is not only compatible with spirituality, it is a profound source of spirituality. When we recognize our place in an immensity of light-years and in the passage of ages, when we grasp the intricacy, beauty, and subtlety of life, then that soaring feeling, that sense of elation and humility combined, is surely spiritual. ..Carl Sagan

Quote Originally Posted by Evangeline View Post
    This has been on my "to test" list for a while now, too...the old-fashioned lipstick/makeup vibe, right? I'm looking forward to your impressions, so don't forget to report back!
    Yes, Ms. E, it definitely has a period of lipstick! But it also brings in cinnamon (bright) and then absinthe and a bucket of other notes on top of the iris base throughout. We will see. It will either be delightfully wacky, or just too weird to wear I'll post after I've had it on latter today.

Happy birthday, Lessa!

I'm wearing Grey Flannel today.

Happy Birthday, Leesa!
    Ines, get well. Don't rush the recovery time.

I am wearing no scent. A new store is opening today and I'm gonna see if they have anything I want to test. Then there will be something to report, or there will be a SotAfternoon.

Hello guys & gals ~ Happy Birthday wishes to the lovely Lessa!

I'm in the gorgeous GOTHAM, by Neil Morris

summer means fireflys

I'm wearing Tam Dao today.

Sending happy birthday wishes to Lessa!

Basenotes Plus

Happy Birthday Lessa! I hope you have a wonderful day!
    Ineespenes, hope you feel better soon!

My SotD is V by Valentino.
    Top notes: Mandarin Orange, Cassia, Rice, Grapefruit and Pear
    Middle notes: Orange, Rose and Frangipani
    Base notes: Sandalwood, Amber, Musk, Oakmoss, Vanilla, Heliotrope and Cedar

This one is so pretty, the kind of scent that would be perfect to
    wear anywhere. Have a great day everyone!

Hello all. Caron Nocturnes.
    DONNA

Happy Birthday, Lessa!!
    ineespenes, I hope you're well soon.

It was a bit difficult selecting a scent for a day the temperature begins at a chilly 45F but will become near 80F. I chose Chanel No. 5 Eau Premiere.

Basenotes Institution

I have a business meeting today with my boss and our attorney's office. I rarely have power-lunch meetings like this, so I brought out the big guns:

Vintage Tabarome by Creed (from a sample)

The epitome of formal masculinity, if you ask me.

Basenotes Plus

SotE -

Haunani, good to read on yesterday’s SotD thread that your sister is doing well.

Continuing get well wishes going Ine's way.

Quote Originally Posted by Siifter View Post

Is this stuff great or what?!
    You’ll get no argument from me!

I’m wearing soft & cozy Donna Karan Cashmere Mist today. My inner child is in need of a little reassurance today, and this seems to be just fine for that kind of a day. I was originally thinking of something juicy mandarin or orange, but quieter is better today.

HAPPY BIRTHDAY, LESSA!

Cartoonish Royalty Le Grand Duc's Avatar

Scent of the Evening

BN better than ever
    Blog Entries

Lessa, dear. Has another year flown by already?
    This is cause for great celebration!

Dance Sans Bra, eh, Twolf? I know there's a smiley for that, but I can't find it.

Haunani ~ How great that the transplant went so well and that its effects are so quickly obvious. Tell SIL we wish her many healthy years in the company of your sweet self.

Evangeline
    -- I recognize that scene! I used it as a background in one of my landscaping programs.

Doing another Jo Malone today: Black Vetyver Cafe.
    In a world where 6 million people are added each month, every landscape matters.

Thanks to all for the birthday wishes and messages!

Decided to wear Amouage Gold for the day.

I don't know why, but I scheduled my colonoscopy for Fri AM, which means I've been fasting since last night. Looks like my birthday celebrating will be waiting until Sat/Sunday. (And I'm usually sooo organized! )
    Hearts starve as well as bodies; give us bread, but give us roses.
    ~~James Oppenheimer~~

Lifelong Sniffaholic
    Blog Entries

Happy Birthday, Lessa-- fasting notwithstanding!

I'm in L'Artisan Fleur d'Oranger today. What unseasonably warm weather we're having this week in Connecticut!

[QUOTE=Quarry;1974061][CENTER]Lessa, dear. Has another year flown by already?
    This is cause for great celebration!

But Q, we're just getting RIPE!
    Hearts starve as well as bodies; give us bread, but give us roses.
    ~~James Oppenheimer~~

Hello to all. I am wearing Odin 04 today.

Have returned from the new shops I visited and have smelled enough today that I will not spray again until this wears off or washes off. Maybe this evening.
    The scent that is killing me is the Tom Ford Tobacco Vanille that I tried directly on my arm. This is one of the strongest scents I have worn in recent memory (and that comes from someone - me - who loves Kenzo Elephant!) Hey, I like the smell of tobacco, but this smells like I just robbed a beehive. Honey!

Hope you feel better soon Ines! Maybe some ginger tea or ginger ale would help your tummy ?
    Haunai -So happy to hear that your sister in law is doing well so soon after surgery!
    Lessa-If you have to fast through your birthday make up for it later with a reeaallyy suuuper decadent cake.Happy birthday!

Sotd : Golden Goddess by Kimmora Lee Simmons -smells like United colors of beneton essence of woman +my rosepetal place doll I had as a child.(floralish-plastic )so-so .I think I will over layer with something else for work.

HAPPY BIRTHDAY, LESSA!!!!!

Feel better, Ines -- I hope you are taking good care of yourself.

Haunani, I hope all is well with your sister-in-law now.

SOTD is Rive Gauche. Yesterday's scent was Le De Givenchy, something I almost never wear anymore, but when I do wear it, I always think, "Why don't I wear this more often???" Take care, all.

I just did something I rarely do and refreshed my fragrance, Coromandel, for the third time today.
    I can't get enough of it.

Body Kouros by YSL, Roberto I am also a Bogey fan excellant pic.

Gosh, Lessa, you will have to wait to eat your birthday cake? But how great a gift to yourself to get the colonoscopy over with! For now, perhaps a decadent warm bath surrounded by candles and rose petals...

My SotD turned out to be a sample of L'Artisan Couer de Vetiver Sacre. The jury is still out. Interesting fragrance! Oh, and thanks to all of you who have sent supportive thoughts out to my sister-in-law. We are thrilled that she is doing well!

Happy Birthday Lessa!

And to Haunani... very glad your S-i-L is doing well! (I'm kind of loopy and initially forgot to say...)

Ah... today was "the big boss from DC meeting-the-team" day so I wore Platinum Egoiste as it is a bit subtle on my skin and exudes professional.

It was a fun meeting and <brag mode ON> I was proud that the ID team including the PM, our graphic designer and myself were mentioned - a course that we designed and developed is getting "rave reviews" from the field. About 60,000 people have taken the course, which blows my mind. Of course they HAD to, but comments showed that they actually thought they learned something, and that they enjoyed it. <brag mode OFF>.

I also had a "You know you're a Basenoter when..." moment... The boss lady sat nearby and I got a whiff of her perfume. From that moment on, all I could concentrate on was "What perfume is she wearing?" ... the sillage was about 2 feet and every time she gestured I got a whiff and thought... Hey... I have that perfume! What is it? (Anthracite crossed my mind but it could have been something that smells close to it.)

Anyway... I DID actually concentrate on the meeting MOST of the time.

And this evening I'm wearing Anthracite and do think it is the perfume the boss lady was wearing. Maybe I can use that as a subliminal tool when I have meetings with HQ people or our local manager!

Happy Whatever Day It Is in Your Timezone all!
    Last edited by actiasluna; 28th October 2010 at 10:48 PM.
    [URL="http://www.basenotes.net/fragrancereviews/38140"][B]Actias luna's fragrance reviews[/B][/URL] | Now blogging with [i]AromiErotici, Carrie Meredith, Mimi Gardenia, Sugandaraja, Asha, bluesoul, shamu1, Redneck Perfumisto and Daly Beauty[/i] at [URL="http://aromierotici.blogspot.com/"][B]Il Mondo di Odore[/B][/URL] [URL="http://www.ebsqart.com/Artist/Kathleen-Harper/3794/Art-Portfolio/1/"]
    [B]Art[/B]: Actias luna's other hobby[/URL] - along with some impromptu [URL="http://www.basenotes.net/threads/268480-Why-Mouchoir-de-Monsieur-Act-III-Resumed"]"performance writing"[/URL] here on Basenotes!

Chanel No. 19 EDT

Hello dear friends! I am glad to be back after some time away ...
    Today I am wearing Concentree D'Orange Vert by Hermes.
    I had swapped my first FB of it for something less loved and just recently bought a new bottle.
    It's one of my favorites.
    I send thee this sweet perfume a fragrance to the fragrant, as one would offer wine to the god of wine.

Happy birthday, Lessa....I copied the cartoon you included on your post and emailed it to myself at work. That one will be flying around my office tomorrow. I work in healthcare, so it will be doubly appreciated. Hysterical!

Inees, I hope you are checking with a doctor about your illness. Rest up.

Le Grand Duc, that is one freakin' scary picture!

My SotD was Prada L'eau Ambree. Tonight, watching the Texas Rangers play in the World Series, it's samples. Lipstick Rose on one wrist, to compare with Une Rose on the other, from the Malle sample package.
    If Mama ain't happy, ain't nobody happy.

Armani Privé Cuir Améthyste

Well, I'm having a little sniffathon tonight.

Rochas Femme, Chanel Cuir de Russie, Beige and Coromandel.
    "You can't change the past, but you can ruin the present by worrying about the future."

"Three essentials for a good life: Someone to love, somewhere to go, and something to look forward to."

YR Rose Absolute for the evening.

HAPPY BIRTHDAY LESSA!!!
    Jil Sander Feeling Man
    Gary

Quote Originally Posted by actiasluna View Post
    ...And to Haunani... very glad your S-i-L is doing well! (I'm kind of loopy and initially forgot to say...)...
    Thanks, actiasluna! Congratulations to you on your professional success! And I love the idea of using perfume as a secret weapon at work. :-)

Hi, misscasey! It's good to see you!

Happy Birthday Lessa!!!

Haunani, what great news for your family!

Today I wore Bois Farine from a sample.

Take care inees.
    Evenstar