Code of Conduct
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Default Re: creed spice and wood heavenly!!!

I bought some of this recently...wore it today...it didn't wow me. I'm going to try it again soon...it definitely smells decent, but I'm not sure if I'm going to love it. For what it's worth, my wife took one whiff and immediately said "I HATE IT!!" even later when I wanted her to smell the drydown, she refused to go near me...

Quote Originally Posted by taint it sweet View Post
    I bought some of this recently...wore it today...it didn't wow me. I'm going to try it again soon...it definitely smells decent, but I'm not sure if I'm going to love it. For what it's worth, my wife took one whiff and immediately said "I HATE IT!!" even later when I wanted her to smell the drydown, she refused to go near me...
    So are you gonna ditch the juice or the wife? I can see why she wouldn't like it. It's OK, but for the $ there are so many better frags out there.

I tried this recently. From my experience, Aventus and Spice & Wood get you to the exact same final destination. The journey to get there is different, but the drydown of both are uncanny to my untrained nose. For this reason, I will pass on the Spice & Wood even though I like it very much.

I tried it and liked it very much. Can see myself buying this soon.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by fugazi View Post
    i see many of your points, DULLAH.... but it seems you come to conclusions very fast.

you were brutal on Aventus, which turned out to be a very popular BN favorite.

might you take a bit more time to digest Spice & Wood before you trash it? seems you are quite the extremist. (hate/love)
    He does come to conclusions fast, but correctly as well. DULLAH's opinion on the merits of a scent may shift very, very slightly over time, and he may discover new, less prominent notes with further investigation, but I find that his (seemingly) quick assessments of the fragrance itself, and its "personality", if you will, hold water from day 1. Whether others may like a scent which is not appealing to him is totally another question. I love my Aventus, but DULLAH's assessment of it has been my guide to the fragrance, and it's been right the whole way, just as his assessment of Windsor was spot-on. Whether I'm a Creed fanboy is questionable, but there is no doubt that I'm a fanboy of DULLAH's nose.

Quote Originally Posted by hednic View Post
    I tried it and liked it very much. Can see myself buying this soon.
    Comparisons to Epicea, as well as your interest, and the comments of others, make me want to give it a sniff for sure.

^^ I too wish I could pick scents apart like DULLAH. He has a much better nose than I probably ever will. I agree with most of the things he says as well.