Code of Conduct

Default Bvlgari Pour Homme

Man, this stuff is weak. It's like a diluted version of Rocky Mountain Wood mixed with a super-diluted version of New West.

I can't smell it 6 inches off my skin and I put it on 45 minutes ago. And sprayed it like 15 times.

It's not a bad scent, but it's really nothing more than a skin scent and it's so faint it's hard to fully sniff without pressing my nostrils against my skin. I'm wondering if this is one of those frags that's picked up by passersby more than it is the wearer or if I just got a bad case of allergies right now...or if it only works once my body temp. rises.

I'm really surprised how similar this is to Rocky Mountain Wood, with RMW the stronger of the two (though kind of weak in its own right). Almost identical, though there's a little spice in Pour Homme that is absent in RMW.

Not sure about this one...it might work best as a layering fragrance.

Anybody else feel similar?

Different?

Default Re: Bvlgari Pour Homme

Personally never liked this one at all.

I love this one, and will always have a bottle. I love the scent, but agree that longevity is a bit weak. Nonetheless, I find it to be among my favorite tea scents - even amidst the many niche tea offerings.

did you know there is an extreme version.

Quote Originally Posted by pawful View Post
    did you know there is an extreme version.
    Yeah, but from what I understand it's composition is fairly different and it has a prominent grapefruit note. Thanks for the input though.

it smells noticeably similar

Extreve version is quite similar, but really has a noticed note of grapefruit in it. However, Bulgari PH is only apparently weak on me. Several hours later I can smell it, and others can sense it too. In my opinion, this scent presents a false image of weakness, but the truth seems to be that we desensibilize ourselves to its smell, but others can still smell it.

10 or 11 years ago I wrote something similar to you here, stating it barely lasted 2 hours. Bvlgari Pour Homme must have been more popular back then, because I was immediately challenged by people claiming it lasted all day on them.

Since then, I've decided that it does indeed last longer - only that it is extremely subtle. I started using it for sitting in Doctor's waiting rooms. I even used it as my scent of the day when I was knocked out and underwent some minor surgery in hospital.

I use about 8 sprays under clothes.
    Renato

I agree. This is a waste of money in my opinion, and was the precursor to $200 niche skin scents. Don't forget to 'moisturize' for maximum longevity.

A few hours later my girlfriend came by and noticed it immediately, said she really liked it, so I guess it's noticeable to some extent....but that doesn't change my opinion of it too much....in a review on basenotes someone described it as 'having no voice' and I think that's a pretty accurate summary...it's like it's just out of range, almost inaudible, and irritatingly so...at the same time, scents like these tend to grow on me over time as I become more receptive to them, and require less straining on behalf of my nose...but that may take a while, and initially this has left me with a very neutral, somewhat dull impression.

Frag Bomb Squadron XVII

I happen to enjoy Bulgari pour Homme and I agree it is somewhat 'low key' but deceptively so. Just because you can't smell it doesn't mean others can't. If you're the sort who enjoys 'louder' fragrance, then this is obviously not the right pick for you. Not that there's anything inherently wrong with the composition. As an analogy, not everybody appreciates jazz/classical/etc. Or blast their favorite tunes at high decibels.

Just be careful not to become 'the cologne guy' from an acquired habit of fragrance 'abuse'. 15 sprays, huh?

Quote Originally Posted by Diamondflame View Post
    I happen to enjoy Bulgari pour Homme and I agree it is somewhat 'low key' but deceptively so. Just because you can't smell it doesn't mean others can't. If you're the sort who enjoys 'louder' fragrance, then this is obviously not the right pick for you. Not that there's anything inherently wrong with the composition. As an analogy, not everybody appreciates jazz/classical/etc. Or blast their favorite tunes at high decibels.

Just be careful not to become 'the cologne guy' from an acquired habit of fragrance 'abuse'. 15 sprays, huh?
    I hear ya...I bought it with the idea of a low key fragrance in mind as I prefer to err on the subtle side of things...I think a common 'rookie' mistake is the notion of 'If I can't smell it, nobody can'...which I still make from time to time.

As far as the 'cologne guy' situation....I'm good now, but about 6 months ago when I was really starting to get into colognes I wrongly thought that if I couldn't smell it loud and clear all day then something was wrong, like I had bad chemistry or something, so I would spray 8 or 9 in the morning and reapply 3 or 4 times throughout the day...LOL. I cringe thinking about it.

I love bulgari ph...in fact I'm out and need a replacement...this to me is a whisper quiet white musk...my initial impression were the same S your maybe even a bit more harsh, but after several wearings, I decided that it is like a natural musky skin smell that I could wear everyday and not be offensive....in fact i had several people compliment me on it who never complimented me on frags before.

Btw, it layers really well with the body shop white musk for men
    Current Top 5:

Tabac, Cardinal, Brookes Brothers, Musc Kublai Khan, Andron

Sur la Plage

It is a typical Boregari fragrance.

I only like and own Black from their line.
    Please feel free to check out my Swap Thread - Patou pour Homme, L'Instant de Guerlain PH Extreme, Dior Homme Intense, Pure Malt, Pure Coffee and many more! Click Here For My Swap Thread

Love this one. No longevity or projection issues for me either.

Bvlgari has deceptive longevity after you think it's long gone people will notice it on you. Olfactory fatigue city with this one...

Bvlgari fragrances are deceptive indeed, ppl are right. It easily happens that ppl feel it after many hours. I used to think that Bvlgari Man is in fact diluted and weak, whilst in fact it is opposite.