Code of Conduct

Default Rochas Man vs. Pure Malt

In your opinion, what is better and why?

I have Rochas Man, which serves as my one and only gourmand in my wardrobe. Do you feel it should be replaced by Pure Malt? I've already chosen Rochas Man over L'Instant, New Haarlem, and A-Man. In your opinion, should Pure Malt knock it off it's perch?

Default Re: Rochas Man vs. Pure Malt

Rochas Man is less complex than Pure Malt. Rochas man is quite linear.

Pure Malt is a more mature frag than Rochas Man. On that note, I prefer Pure Malt.

Quote Originally Posted by volley2 View Post
    Rochas Man is less complex than Pure Malt. Rochas man is quite linear.

Pure Malt is a more mature frag than Rochas Man. On that note, I prefer Pure Malt.
    Just to clarify, when you say mature, do you it's more appropriate for an middle-aged/older guy vs. a guy in college?

Pure Malt by far.

as long as you drink scotch, you can wear pure malt
    Looking for Hermessence Ambre Narguile and for TFPB Moss Breches (50ml bottle), willing to pay in cashdollars. PM me!

Quote Originally Posted by Da5id09 View Post
    I like the SMELL of Scotch...is that close enough? :P

Quote Originally Posted by Da5id09 View Post
    I don't but I wear it anyway lol. Rochas man is lighter, pure malt is stronger , very heavy in chocolate and coffee with the malt liquor mixed in it.

they are both honestly great.
    i get equal amount of female comments from each one, but never from the same girl...
    i honestly didnt find a girl who liked both.
    I am starting to like rochas more and more. After running out of few samples i decided to buy a bottle.

I am a big fan of boozy scents so i dont know if i would find rochas to be better.
    I would really like to find a boozy-woody scent

Quote Originally Posted by Force of One View Post
    Just to clarify, when you say mature, do you it's more appropriate for an middle-aged/older guy vs. a guy in college?
    Of course college people can wear Pure Malt. I don't really know how to explain what I mean by mature. Let's put it this way, Rochas Man is for kiddie games. Whereas Pure Malt is for adult games (college and up). hahahaha Am I making any sense?

Edit: For me, Rochas Man is just TOO SWEET!! Can get cloying! Literally candy sweet.

i see what your saying, but its not really true imo.
    rochas is "younger" because it is sweeter, and as coffee is more common/available it does appeal to a wider range of people.
    Pure Malt is more mature in a sense that the boozy part of it will be appreciated by people who are more familiar with booze i suppose.

Quote Originally Posted by Kbar View Post
    i see what your saying, but its not really true imo.
    rochas is "younger" because it is sweeter, and as coffee is more common/available it does appeal to a wider range of people.
    Pure Malt is more mature in a sense that the boozy part of it will be appreciated by people who are more familiar with booze i suppose.
    Yes! You nailed it! Thank you!

IMO When people say Pure Malt is a mature scent compared to Rochas Man, i wouldnt say its comparing what ages where it, but what persoanlities. If your an immature teen or 20's guy, Rochas would fit you better then Pure Malt. If your confident, mature, sexy, i think Pure Malt compliments it to perfection

Have both, and enjoy both but Pure Malt for me is more unique and lasts longer.

I remember posting here when I acquired Pure Malt that it made Rochas Man obsolete in my wardrobe. Now after half year I am no longer sure about it. They are completely different and both have their own place. Pure Malt has nice topnotes, then horrible synthetic middlenotes that I really dont care about and then wonderfull drydown that smells like Angel Woman or original Amen. That is my favourite part. Rochas as a whole doesnt have weak part and is more balanced from topnotes till basenotes because it doesnt change much.
    Also I think that Rochas is easier to wear anywhere and anytime (except of very hot weather), while Pure Malt can become cloying and I prefer to wear it when I stay at home or when I am going to club.
    TOP 4 hot weather:

1. Gucci Pour Homme II
    2. Lalique Encre Noire
    3. Creed Aventus
    4. Creed Millesime Imperial

TOP 4 cold weather:

1. L'Instant de Guerlain Pour Homme Extreme
    2. Chanel Coromandel
    3. Dior Homme Intense
    4. Dior Homme

When the top notes are still strong, from my experience, Pure Malt isn't liked by women under 30. I got the old man cologne, something my dad would wear type comments. The dry down loses that aspect.

Nothing like that with Rochas Man, except one comment from a female who wasn't fond of anything vanilla.

Rochas Man is a great scent. So is Pure Malt. I think they are far different, so I want both in my collection. Like another poster said though, Rochas Man is a more versatile scent.

Pure Malt is the better scent. Better projection and better longevity too.

Quote Originally Posted by Chasing the Dragon View Post
    Pure Malt is the better scent. Better projection and better longevity too.
    Can we get more comments about longevity and projection? How far do they project? Can you be smelled 2 feet away or 10 feet away? Does it leave a scent trail?

Quote Originally Posted by OldSchoolCharm View Post
    Can we get more comments about longevity and projection? How far do they project? Can you be smelled 2 feet away or 10 feet away? Does it leave a scent trail?
    Having tried Pure Malt since i posted this I will say that while I did like Pure Malt, it didn't supplant ROchas Man in my mind. I didn't think the projection and longevity were as good either. I would say they were average at best. In my mind, gourmand type fragrances should be above average, due to their nature. Just my opinion though

There's no part of RM that is offensive, just maybe not appreciated if some aren't into sweet frags, but it's not offensive. Pure Malt does have an edge to it where someone might not like the burnt, smokey synthetic vibe to the point it repulses them.
    ***My SALE thread***My TRADE thread***
    Frag addicted? Join the support group We are too but dam we smell good!