Code of Conduct
    Blog Entries

Question Heno/Agua de Pravia........is it masculine or feminine? Bnotes says M, ebayers say W.....?

So what is it male, female or UNI?

Since we're at it, even though I am having a heck of a time finding it, Agua Lavanda?
    M, W or Unisex?

Default Re: Heno/Agua de Pravia........is it masculine or feminine? Bnotes says M, ebayers say W.....?

Heno de Pravia, Agua de Pravia and Lavanda Puig are all unisex.

Heno has a distinctive woody / oakmoss note, Agua is a typical Eau de Cologne (neroli / orange dominant top notes) and Lavanda is what its name says, lavender leaning towards its masculine kind.

Blog Entries

Default Re: Heno/Agua de Pravia........is it masculine or feminine? Bnotes says M, ebayers say W.....?

Quote Originally Posted by Pollux View Post
    Heno de Pravia, Agua de Pravia and Lavanda Puig are all unisex.

Heno has a distinctive woody / oakmoss note, Agua is a typical Eau de Cologne (neroli / orange dominant top notes) and Lavanda is what its name says, lavender leaning towards its masculine kind.
    Thanks for your input, the only Heno de Pravia I can find is on ebay and all of the edts are listed for women.

Don't pay attention to it: as a matter if fact, Heno's brandname tagline is "The aroma of my home", so it was intended to be used by every member of the family. Now, the doedorant has a marked femenine character.

Agua de Pravia is as femenine as Jean Marie Farina Extra Vielle can be - you get the idea.

And Lavanda, well, women can use it, but it lacks the marked floral notes typical of femenine lavender scents.

Quote Originally Posted by odioustoilet View Post
    ... the only Heno de Pravia I can find is on ebay and all of the edts are listed for women.
    I think that it must be because those brands are not popular beyond Spain and Latin America.
    Last edited by Pollux; 21st October 2010 at 03:29 AM.

I never really thought about a gender designation with Heno de Pravia. I think of it as truly unisex - super clean citrus and beeswax. I don't think of something like that as either masculine or feminine smelling. It just smells really good. I wear it.

Agua Lavanda is usually marketed to men. I think of it as more masculine simply because it approaches fougere territory. If there was coumarin in the base, you'd have a classical fougere with Agua Lavanda. Great frag, BTW.
    Check out my blog Pour Monsieur, a no-nonsense guide to men's fragrances:
    http://pourmonsieurblog.blogspot.com/

Any fragrance that should not be worn in public, should be worn in public.