Code of Conduct

Red face The Cadillac Fragrance

I am sorry but my guilty pleasure is Cadillac's (STS, CTS) so I was very interested to read about this. So much that I tracked down a bottle on line and ordered it un-sniffed Okay I am not expecting much but the discription sure does sound interesting....

Has any had the opportunity of testing this fragrance?

Beauty Contact Inc. has signed an exclusive worldwide licensing agreement with General Motors to design, develop, produce and distribute Cadillac Fragrances.

The fragrance is a masculine, rich, and long lasting scent for men seeking an inspiring statement of confidence. Top notes of grapefruit and chamomile give off a luminous fresh scent followed by trend-setting elegance in the mix of geranium, tarragon and cinnamon in its heart, blending harmoniously with freshness. It dries down to the breath-taking performance of the bottom notes of ebony, sweet spice, vetiver and incense that surround you in daring, prestigious comfort.

The elegant packaging for Cadillac for men has been developed to encapsulate the qualities of Cadillac: A stature that simply can’t be duplicated. The primary color of the packaging, stylish black, gives way to the peerless symbol of innovative design – the wreath and crest.

The black and white box opens to reveal a translucent glass bottle topped off with a sleek metal cap, which perfectly rounds off its image of refined American lifestyle.

The design was inspired by the bold and pioneering Cadillac imagery. It fits smoothly into your hand and symbolizes the opulence and extravagance of past eras, as well as the luxury and refinement of today.

The products will be delivered from Switzerland starting November 2008.

Here is a little more info link - from my understanding a EDP exists too - http://www.beautycontact.com/cadilla...nces/index.htm
    Last edited by scentimus; 11th December 2008 at 12:06 AM.

Default Re: The Cadillac Fragrance

I share that CTS love - I got very close to buying one of the new ones recently but ended up with an Infiniti M35. I have to say - if they released Infiniti, the fragrance, I might be like you and buy it but I wouldn't expect much and it would most likely be delegated to being a lovely car fragrance.
    Anyways, hopefully someone has some insight into this scent though!
    I'm a colognosaurus. Rawr!

I used to have an STS. blk/blk/vogues.
    Nice car.
    I wouldn't expect much from this either,
    but let us know if any of the notes actually are there,
    or if it's just a pleasant innofensive synthetic.

Sounds like it will be similar in feel to Opium PH Eau D'Orient
    Support your local Leonberger rescue.

I'm surprised we haven't heard more about this in the news:

Senate Committee Member: What other initiatives will GM pursue to ensure its economic viability in the future.

GM CEO: Did we mention that we will be releasing Cadillac the Fragrance! (passes out free samples)

Interesting.....Gary

The notes sound good... but the big question is this: Did Rick Wagoner wear this or Corvette to the hearings in DC?

BTW, some Cadillacs (earlier XLRs, 2003-06 Escalades) had Bvlgari-designed gauges, and Nicola Bulgari is a big Buick collector.
    Celebrating 10 years on Basenotes - and smelling better than ever

My mission statement: "I am not afraid to keep on living - I am not afraid to walk this world alone."

Quote Originally Posted by dmarino67 View Post
    I'm surprised we haven't heard more about this in the news:

Senate Committee Member: What other initiatives will GM pursue to ensure its economic viability in the future.

GM CEO: Did we mention that we will be releasing Cadillac the Fragrance! (passes out free samples)
    Yes, it looks like this is part of the automobile industry rescue plan.

OK ... Anyone else tried this one recently ?
    Its notes sound nice !

TOP - Grapefruit and Chamomile
    HEART - Geranium - Tarragon - Cinnamon
    BASE - Ebony Wood - Cloves - Vetiver and Incense

Its classified as a Woody Spicy .
    Last edited by Dimitrios; 29th October 2009 at 09:51 AM.

SALES
    JANUARY 2013 ..http://community.basenotes.net/showthread.php?t=232133

*** SPECIAL - LUI ROCHAS , 3.3oz Sealed ***

FLACON .. Updating Soon flacon.ambaric.net/viewtopic.php?t=43

Would have sounded nice without the cinnamon. I HATE cinnamon...

heh, Wouldn't it be cool if they released a really really really really good frag, and marketed it as "The Caddilac of Fragrances"

LF: CAP/LID for Creed Original vetiver and Creed Millesime Imperiale, 75ml. Please pm me.. Thanks!

I 've also been interested in this one too. What fascinates me is that the bottle design is so.... Cadillac!

* bump *
    Anyone else tried this recently ?
    Well I scored a bottle on Ebay yesterday ...
    I'll be reporting back to this thread in a few weeks when it arives .

Im hoping its pimp worthy to be called Cadillac !!

SALES

My guess is that it is similar enough to something I already have, so I was able to restrain myself from blind buying this cheapo, but I'll be interested to hear what your impression of it is, Dimitrios.

Funny this post surfaced. I just purchased two bottle of the Lux edp version on ebay! - I finally scored some it too me close to a year to get my hands on it since my original post was December 11th 2008!
    Last edited by scentimus; 11th December 2009 at 02:39 AM.

I just ordered a 100 ml bottle of this juice 2 days ago. I will report back after I received and test it! I am partial to orientals, and the notes sound very nice.

Sounds great guys ...
    Sillage M , i look forward to your views .
    Scentimus are you refering to an EDP version of Cadillac ?
    Bigsly , which frag to you think it could be similiar too ?
    cheers

SALES

The original Ferragamo is the one that seemed possibly closest to it.

Here is the positioning of the fragrance per the official website and I truly agree with their positioning:

And yes I was talking about the Eau de Parfum version that come in this bottle:

Too bad there aren't more Olfactive Positioning charts, not that I would ever think they would be "perfect." Anyway, Cadillac doesn't look like something I need in my rotation, even if I liked it, so that's one less that needs to concern me. LOL.

This is a low blow but I can't help myself: what do you think guys, new car smell?

Bigsly ......
    I think your not even close !
    Salvatore's first is strong fig over spiced cedar , rounded & sharpened connected with other notes ofcourse ...... no fig or cedar in this one .
    You seem to chime in on threads making commnts about frags you haven't sampled with frags ( u probably haven't sampled )
    Are your building your count or just high on your experiments sniffing diluted Kouros with whatever ?

** thanks for the pic & chart scentimus , interesting indeed ! ... i take it you have a bottle ? whats your opinion of it ?
    Joe F ... If its good or sickly synthetic , i'll be letting everyone interested know , as im sure SillageM will do .
    Last edited by Dimitrios; 12th December 2009 at 07:03 AM.

Dimitrios - yes I do have a bottle that I have been wearing for a year. It is a very rich spicy amber oriental. I really think you will enjoy this one - it takes the sweetness of code and the wornwood vanilla of le male on a base of amber patchouli of joop. It is a long lasting scent with good sillage. I can wait to try the EDP version.

Look at the pyramids, Dimitrios. Grapefruit, geranium and spices. Both also have wood and vetiver in the base. I also judge by the reviews. If you don't like my opinion on similar frags, you shouldn't have asked (I wasn't going to mention any other frag). You can put me on ignore. I certainly don't get a whole lot out of your posts, to be honest, so it seems that our frag appreciation is quite different. I don't see anything wrong with this, and as long as I have freedom of speech and obey the BN rules, your options are to "live with it" or put me on ignore. Why is that a problem for you?
    Last edited by Bigsly; 12th December 2009 at 06:36 PM.

because your not even close .....

Quote Originally Posted by Dimitrios View Post
    because your not even close .....
    What about his not even close? Just let it be.
    Last edited by albumleaf; 12th December 2009 at 09:58 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by albumleaf View Post
    What about his not even close? Just let it be.
    so just .... let the blind lead the blind

albumleaf: Before Dimitrios asked me to name a frag, I mentioned that I thought it was probably similar enough to something I already had. If it's not similar to the Ferragamo, it might be similar enough to Everlast Original 1910, Emporio Armani He, Individuel, Ungaro Apparition Intense, Listen, Silver/Black, or another I already have, but that is for me. Someone else might not feel this way, which is why I didn't name any of these frags in that other post. I am very rotation oriented, so I don't really want two frags that are similar (at least not full bottles), but others might want a bottle of anything that is even slightly different, and this is why I suggested that I might have a different way to appreciate frags than some BNers. I also don't want to have 500 bottles lying around, to be honest.
    Last edited by Bigsly; 13th December 2009 at 03:44 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Bigsly View Post
    albumleaf: Before Dimitrios asked me to name a frag, I mentioned that I thought it was probably similar enough to something I already had. If it's not similar to the Ferragamo, it might be similar enough to Everlast Original 1910, Emporio Armani He, Individuel, Ungaro Apparition Intense, Listen, Silver/Black, or another I already have, but that is for me. Someone else might not feel this way, which is why I didn't name any of these frags in that other post. I am very rotation oriented, so I don't really want two frags that are similar (at least not full bottles), but others might want a bottle of anything that is even slightly different, and this is why I suggested that I might have a different way to appreciate frags than some BNers. I also don't want to have 500 bottles lying around, to be honest.
    Guys let get back on track discuss the fragrance Cadillac - anything else take to another forum.

What would you say is the closest match to Cadillac scentimus? Or is it fairly unique, in your opinion?

Thumbs up Re: The Cadillac Fragrance

I received my bottle of Cadillac EDT a couple of days ago, and have worn it twice (I am wearing it right now). It smells very similar to Arpege pour Homme, except with a strong tarragon note (which mellows over time) instead of the iris of Arpege PH (I just hit my spice cabinet to confirm the tarragon note). It is quite sweet but not cloying, and I can smell the cinnamon (although it is light, and nicely done) - and the incense note also comes through nicely. Of any fragrance I have ever smelled, it definitely reminds me the most of Arpege pour Homme. Cadillac is a nicely done oriental and lasted a good 8 hours on my skin. It is nicely done, but if you have Arpege PH, you can probably skip it. I really dig orientals, so it has a home in my rotation!

nice review SillageMonger ...
    I should have mine in the next few days & looking forward to wearing it !!
    cheers

SALES

I get the renowned Joop! vibe out of this frag.
    Current Top 5

1. Creed Aventus
    2. A*Men Pure Malt
    3. L'instant Extreme
    4. Nasomatto Duro
    5. CDG - Kyoto

I don't seem to get any identification with Joop! Homme, at least not for me. I really like Joop! Homme, but I haven't worn it in about a year, so I'll test it out again perhaps tomorrow. It could well be that they are similar. I did a side-by-side test of Arpege PH and Cadillac EDT today and I did pick up on a little more. Arpege PH is sweeter, stronger and has a bit better projection and better longevity than Cadillac. Cadillac's tarragon note is drier (but still quite sweet), and the dryness actually balances the fragrance out quite well.

In comparing Cadillac with Arpege PH, I don't mean to say they smell identical. They do not. They are two distinctively different fragrances, and I very much recommend Cadillac to all b-noters who enjoy Orientals. It really depends just how much you're into Orientals. It just happens that Orientals are my favorite fragrance category. What some might consider a repetition of their wardrobe, I consider to be a unique addition just because of the subtle difference that one or two note variations make, even though it might be very similar to another fragrance I own.

SillageMonger - I totally agree with you on the deep tarragon note in this fragrance - it is like a green licorice note.

I do find the ambery base to be very much like Joop Homme - I can not wait to try the EDP to see how it's notes are to the EDT.
    Last edited by scentimus; 17th December 2009 at 01:08 AM.

* bump *
    Package`arrived today & very well packed I add , by Perfume Headquarters .
    Ok being a blind buy , im always extra excited & take my time to feel & smell as i unwrap & open for the first time , now both box & bottle look designer quality & certainly not in the cheap range .
    The bottle is actually very elegant , its nice to hold & features a chrome hood shaped lid & embossed lettering .
    OK the fragrance ..... its good , actually much much better than good .
    I sprayed one arm & hand with 4 sprays around 6 hours ago & immediately recognised it was of decent quality , its top-notes weren't detectable as synthetic & this this has continued write through its development .
    Its sillage is very good & at this early stage longevity seems it will be above average as well .
    To my nose its really nicely blended with none of the notes overpowering or dominating the others .
    Definately not what i'd class as a sweet frag & therefore it wouldn't be cloying ( a great thing )
    As i write im well into its base & this combo of four main notes is impressive .....
    Im more than pleased with this one , if you get the opportunity to try some , do it .

Offtopic ... I confirm my thoughts & say that this smells nothing like Salvatore Ferragamo as`mentioned above by another basenoter .
    but , according to thought & imagination he now says " it could smell like "

Everlast Original 1910, Emporio Armani He Individuel, Ungaro Apparition Intense, Listen, Silver/Black
    ,, hmmm

I figured this would be the best place to put a small review on the Cadillac for men EDP. My bottle arrived about 3 weeks ago - the bottle looks the same only the glass starts from a smokey green at the bottom and moves up to the top to an almost gray - it kind of reflects the fragrance inside.
    The scent is a much more deeper and longer lasting (as if the original edt is not) version with great sillage and longevity. The scent open on a very herbal note of tarragon very potent giving that green licorice note. At this point I can not help but think of Versace Dreamer but has the Dreamer moves very soon into a soapy Dolce & Gabbana vein - Cadillac does not! Instead with Cadillac the scent start to layer on sweet tobacco vanilla notes and shades of cinnamon (which bring to mind Joop Homme).
    Where the EDT seems to mellow out with a wormwood JPG Le Male ending - the LUX version keeps pumping out the tarragon - tobacco - cinnamon. Personally I do like this version better then the EDT but would find the EDT to be more suited for the summer nights.
    I will admit this is a quality product the bottle is not cheep and the fragrance has high oil concentration. Though this is not a scent that one could wear everyday for it could turn on you -

Scentimus....thanks for the great review of the EDP. I'll have to try it also.

Just got this per recommendation in the "Car" thread. At first I got a huge blast of Le Male. Then I remembered the Arpege PH comparison and I can see that too. I'd also say it smells a lot like Fire & Ice for Men by Revlon. Since I have the 3 that this is similar to, Cadillac is not unique for me.

Never tried Joop so can't compare.
    Last edited by karisuma; 19th October 2010 at 01:13 PM.