Code of Conduct

Default I need suggestions...

Hey everybody, I'm just now finishing up with my antibiotic regimen (I was sick with bronchitis and a sinus infection, needed to steer clear of cologne for a while), and I really need to know: Where, oh where, do I go next?

I've been around the fragrance block, and I know more than I used to, but I'm really stumped on this one.

My favorites (I'm a sucker for many sweet fragrances):

Angel Men, Thierry Mugler: I've gotten past the opening, and I just love it. Sweet, euphoric paradise to my olfactory sense.

Joop! Homme, Joop It's synthetic, obnoxious stuff. I really enjoy it. Harder than anything I own to wear, though.

Black Orchid, Tom Ford My first cross through gender lines. Unusual and sweet. My favorite two words.

Le Male, Jean Paul Gaultier Sweet lavender talc followed by spicy-sweetness. I don't get sweat or toothpaste, so I like it a lot.

now, for the non-sweet fragrances (booze and vetiver appeal to me a lot)...

Baie de Genievre, Creed Sharp green turned woodsy, earthy vetiver. Creed quality, long lasting. I love this, so much.

Fendi Uomo, Fendi Boozy, spicy, (I get a bit of lemon in there?) strong 80's fragrance. Great (but unfortunately discontinued) fragrance.

Dirty English, Juicy Couture This was the last fragrance I expected to be a 5-star scent. Juicy Couture? 2008? All disastrous words. But, much a pleasant surprise, the uber-masculine Tobacco-spice monster really came and hit me square in the face. In a good way.

Fahrenheit, Christian Dior I haven't had this one long, but I sure do enjoy it. The sharp green (figgy?) notes at the top appeal to me like my sample of Diptyque's Philosykos, but without the complete linearity. The woody heart and leathery base appeal to me. I think I'll really enjoy this one.

Fragrances I'm considering purchasing:

Body Kouros, Yves Saint Laurent Sweet, I've heard. Can be had for a good price. I'd blind buy it.

My financial situation:

Right now, I don't have the kind of funds to purchase anything like Creed or Amouage or Tom Ford PC, but I still very much want you to suggest them if you think they fit. I'll keep them in mind for sampling and possible future purchases.

Thank you all!
    Body Kouros, Fahrenheit and other designer bottles for trade in My Swap Thread

Hillaire

Default Re: I need suggestions...

Well, your tastes seem to run the gamut!

I'd suggest, so you can add a classic Oriental, that is sweet along the lines of the Fendi, either Cartier Santos or Hermes Bel Ami.
    Both are excellent.