Code of Conduct

Default How to tell if what you're smelling is coming from your skin or shirt?

It's the end of the work day, and you get a whiff of the scent you sprayed 8 hours ago. How can you tell if it came from the shirt or your skin?

Default Re: How to tell if what you're smelling is coming from your skin or shirt?

When you get home take your shirt off and leave the room...still smell it? It's your skin...if not go back to the shirt and smell it.
    ***My SALE thread***My TRADE thread***
    Frag addicted? Join the support group We are too but dam we smell good!

Default Re: How to tell if what you're smelling is coming from your skin or shirt?

Quote Originally Posted by Pipsta View Post
    When you get home take your shirt off and leave the room...still smell it? It's your skin...if not go back to the shirt and smell it.
    Yes, but how about at work? Any way to tell without stripping?

Smell your shirt?

Try to spray yourself one day on skin and see if you get the smell then the next day spray on your shirt to see what happens. Other than that I guess ask a coworkers.

After 8 hours, it is most likely to be your shirt. I prefer a combination, so a little of whatever I'm wearing will go on my shirt, too. Unless it stains, of course. The fabric extends the top notes longer...
    "You just keep me hangin' on." -- Farewell, Lou.

I agree with 6of1.....I noticed this with myself just today....still getting good longevity on my fragrance, but mostly lasting on my t-shirt.....MUCH more faint on my neck and wrists

Dependent

Quote Originally Posted by karisuma View Post
    It's the end of the work day, and you get a whiff of the scent you sprayed 8 hours ago. How can you tell if it came from the shirt or your skin?
    Das far-out...

take off the shirt and wait for a bit ?
    AUSSIES, come join our SPLIT GROUP at http://groups.google.com.au/group/oz-scent-splits

"No Pain, No Gain"

Frag Bomb Squadron XVII

3rd possibility: from your nose hairs...? Lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Diamondflame View Post
    3rd possibility: from your nose hairs...? Lol.
    I like.

to OP:dont post lame threads, man. Its just common sense if u want to know if it comes from ur shirt or ur skin. It took me 5 sec to figure out millions of way to tell. Hint: I used my brain.
    AUSSIES, come join our SPLIT GROUP at http://groups.google.com.au/group/oz-scent-splits

"No Pain, No Gain"

Does it really matter? Just feel lucky the scent lasts that long.

LOL, I'm aware of the obvious, guys.

Many reviews that applaud a frag's longevity say something like "after 8 hours, I still get a whiff of this scent." It made me wonder whether the whiff was coming from their skin or their shirt. Because if it came from their shirt, then it's not a testament to the longevity of the fragrance, since they last much longer on the shirt (up to weeks).

I guess to me it wouldn't matter as long as I can achieve acceptable longevity. I often spray onto fabric, or onto my chest and allow some of the juice soak into my shirt.