Code of Conduct

Default Herve Leger Homme by Avon

Anyone tried this ? I smelled it today in Avon catalogue and it smells really good but has price tag of regular designers (75ml is for 40 euros).

It is elegant spicy woods and on fragrantica somebody posted that it is copy - paste of Terre D Hermes. Can anyone confirm it?
    TOP 5 hot weather:

1. Gucci Pour Homme II
    2. Creed Aventus
    3. Creed Millesime Imperial
    4. Lalique Encre Noire
    5. Azzaro Chrome Sport

TOP 5 cold weather:

1. L'Instant de Guerlain Pour Homme Extreme
    2. Chanel Coromandel
    3. Dior Homme Intense
    4. Dior Homme
    5. Byredo 1996

Default Re: Herve Leger Homme by Avon

I own this and am wearing it today. It has now been about 3.5 hours since I put it on.

I saw the reviews at Fragrantica. One guy compared it to Terre d'Hermes and another compared it to Boucheron Jaipur Homme. Both comparisons are inaccurate.

It isn't a very strong fragrance, and sillage is quite low. I had already tested it on my arm several days ago so I knew it was weak, so I used 12 sprays to my chest this morning.

The pyramid lists yuzu, ginger, smoldering woods, and amber, and that's pretty much what it smells like. It comes across to me as a simple, straightforward fragrance. The opening ginger and yuzu combination is pleasant, not especially bright or distinctive, but rather soft and blended. After a few minutes the woods come into play, accompanied by a bit of smokiness. This is probably what drew the comparison with TdH. In this early stage the fragrance is dry, lean, slightly spicy, woody, and smoky. The smokiness diminishes as the amber comes up, and the base is light, dry and woody.

It is pretty much a skin scent throughout most of its life, especially during the drydown. It is going on four hours since I put it on and it is still detectable, but I think it might be beginning to fade. Not a bad fragrance at all, but rather simply constructed and weak. It fits in well with the Avon line and is a bit better than their usual offerings.

I think you can find this online for less than $30, and if you like it, then it is probably worth it. 40 Euros seems a bit much to me, and I wouldn't pay that much.

noggs

Thanks for great review noggs.

Anyone else tried it?
    TOP 5 hot weather:

1. Gucci Pour Homme II
    2. Creed Aventus
    3. Creed Millesime Imperial
    4. Lalique Encre Noire
    5. Azzaro Chrome Sport

TOP 5 cold weather:

1. L'Instant de Guerlain Pour Homme Extreme
    2. Chanel Coromandel
    3. Dior Homme Intense
    4. Dior Homme
    5. Byredo 1996

Quote Originally Posted by dreamer81 View Post
    Thanks for great review noggs.

Anyone else tried it?
    Just blind bought this as part of my AVON experiment. I must say noggs is bang on. The overall blend after a few minutes on my skin smells like latex and smoldering woods with some pastry sweetness in the background. I get some Wazamba in the opening, but then a vanillaic note shows up, which reminds me of Dunhill Pursuit. The dry down is quite similar to Ezra Fitch by A&F. Interesting fragrance, especially for fall/winter, especially considering its practically free on eBay. Wanna smell VERY different than the usual fall/winter fare? then buy this!
    Keep Smelling Good
    ANDREW

Quote Originally Posted by Andrewthecologneguy View Post
    The overall blend after a few minutes on my skin smells like latex and smoldering woods with some pastry sweetness in the background.
    Interesting image.

Thanks for the info Noggs.....I have been wondering about this fragrance.....My Sister In Law is selling Avon...and if I am pressed to make a purchase I might purchase this scent!!! Thanks again to everyone for all of the info!!!
    Gary