Code of Conduct

Default I really love Paco Rabanne - 1 Million

Every time I see the container in my room I'm reminded how awesome it is.

My skin is horrible with longevity. Some say Pure Malt lasts 24 hours on them. I get 4 hours.

But I can spray 1 Million at 7PM on Saturday and go to sleep at 4AM smelling it. It is the only scent I can clearly smell on myself.

Just thought I'd get that out there

Default Re: I really love Paco Rabanne - 1 Million

1 Million does indeed have excellent longevity, as well as projection. To me, it's a modern day version of Joop!, which you may wanna check out if you have problems with fragrances lasting.

lol, I joke. I just sampled this again a couple of days ago. Mixed feelings... I don't think I'd buy a bottle though.
    NEW SPLIT - Tom Ford Lavender Palm 50ml in Atomizer - DISCONTINUED!. .

Most of the time I am very proud of the Basenotes community. Time after time I have witnessed the thoughtfulness, empathy & genuine friendship that members of this community extend to others - oldtimers & newcomers alike. There are other times, however, when egos get the upper hand and civility goes out the window. My philosophy is that I won't say anything here that I would not say if you were standing in front of me. Welcome to Basenotes, each and every one of us. ~ TwoRoads

First of all. Good for you for finding a fragrance that you really love!

second of all if your pure malt only lasts 4 hours on ur skin, then u have a fake. i also have terrible terrble skin for projection and logevity, but theres no way a legit pure malt lasts only 4 hours

Quote Originally Posted by jonny19 View Post

second of all if your pure malt only lasts 4 hours on ur skin, then u have a fake. i also have terrible terrble skin for projection and logevity, but theres no way a legit pure malt lasts only 4 hours
    Not at all true. Perhaps a classic case of olfactory fatigue. Perhaps the weather conditions or the way he's applying. Those new to fragrances, or even new to one particular fragrance, the nose has to adapt to it to appreciate it and really understand what's going on. That's why I'm not a huge fan of sampling, because then I end up coming back to the fragrance, and it being a totally different story on all accounts.. smell, longevity, projection. But based on personal experience, it just sounds like nose fatigue. Give your Pure Malt a break, and try it again in a few weeks, hopefully the results will be better.

If Pure Malt lasts 4 hours on your skin then 1 million would last 2 hours...could be a fake PM.
    I like 1 Million.

lol thanks guys

and the pure malt was purchased in person at Nordstrom. It comes with the invitation to Mugler's Circle and the registration code.

I've only worn it once, and I've had a cold since I bought it. So I will give it a break as The_Cologneist suggests

Scents work different ways with different people. I for one know that some members here complain about longevity and projection with certain Creed's -- particularly Silver Mountain Water and Virgin Island Water. I sampled SMW today at work, and it lasted a full 8 hours + and held up significant projection. I was shocked. Goes to show, each situation is different.

I wouldn't give up on Pure Malt just yet. Give it a few more wearings in different situations, and change up your application before you give up on it. Experiment.

Quote Originally Posted by The_Cologneist View Post
    Not at all true. Perhaps a classic case of olfactory fatigue. Perhaps the weather conditions or the way he's applying. Those new to fragrances, or even new to one particular fragrance, the nose has to adapt to it to appreciate it and really understand what's going on. That's why I'm not a huge fan of sampling, because then I end up coming back to the fragrance, and it being a totally different story on all accounts.. smell, longevity, projection. But based on personal experience, it just sounds like nose fatigue. Give your Pure Malt a break, and try it again in a few weeks, hopefully the results will be better.
    I agree with this as well.

I did not think One Million overly special a year ago, and the new women's scent is an average one.

I DO like the bottles, and I do like the modern dandy in this pub: the clothes, the liquor, the hot wheels, the gambling, the media, the women, the money...

Some things remain very 19th century in spirit.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ts3xIK8KmiY
    "No sweet perfume ever tortured me more than this." Desert Rose by Sting and Cheb Mami, Album 1999.

Blog Entries

l agree the women's version is average, but as l've said before, l LOVE the smell of 1 Million on a guy! lt seems to get a lot of negative comments on here but l for one am glad there are men out there who love it & wear it. Be loud & proud, fellas!
    "What is this secret connection between the soul, and sea, clouds and perfumes? The soul itself appears to be sea, cloud and perfume..." - from Zorba the Greek by Nikos Kazantzakis.

I tried this at my Sephora the other day and thought that it was very nice.....Gary

I get great longevity with this also.

Mix 1 spray million with 2 sprays A*men.

mmmm chocolate orange..

Blog Entries

I get decent longevity...its the projection that I've gotta watch. I once sprayed it 4 times...my parents 30 feet up-wind OUTSIDE could smell me. True story...i learned fast to limit my sprays

Blog Entries

Gotta say Neurosis l love your signature, l'm with you dude!
    "What is this secret connection between the soul, and sea, clouds and perfumes? The soul itself appears to be sea, cloud and perfume..." - from Zorba the Greek by Nikos Kazantzakis.

Great commercial, great name, great bottle...subpar fragrance. Simplistic and candy-sweet without any oomph. (In my opinion.) The longevity and projection really are astounding, though. And Pure Malt didn't last long on me, either (only one spray from a tester, mind).

I actually really like $1million too, but I don't think I could ever wear something that every chav and guy-on-a-night-out is wearing. It seems to be EVERYWHERE over here.

Finally tried this one. I liked it more than I thought I would, but I'm not crazy about it. It's very loud and got old relatively quickly.
    ôLove is when a girl puts on perfume and a boy puts on shaving cologne and they go out and smell each other.ö
    Karl, age 5

Swapping
    Selling
    Seeking

i finally tried this one at sephora today. please listen carefully:

IT SMELLS IDENTICAL TO ANTONIO BANDERA THE SECRET. IDENTICAL!!! THERE IS ALMOST ZERO DIFFERENNCE BETWEEN THESE TWO FRAGRANCES EXCEPT THE PRICE AND MAYBE 1 MILLION SMELLS A TINY TINY BUT MORE LIKE BUBBLE GUM, BUT YOU CANNOT NOTICE IT AT ALL.

EDIT: ^^noob comment. the smells are pretty frickin similar but you can definitely tell the difference.
    Last edited by JonnyLeMale; 4th March 2011 at 06:37 PM.

It's ok. Just wore it today and wasn't too impressed by it. It's not a bad scent in any way just not my thing. The opening is way too bubble gum for me. The dry down is much better. Doesn't inspire me to wear it though.
    ***My SALE thread***My TRADE thread***
    Frag addicted? Join the support group We are too but dam we smell good!

Quote Originally Posted by Riverwide View Post
    I actually really like $1million too, but I don't think I could ever wear something that every chav and guy-on-a-night-out is wearing. It seems to be EVERYWHERE over here.
    Yes, exactly my point. But I've got Joop Homme as one of my nights out scent, because it's less famous nowadays and 1Million is the new Joop as someone said before.

it smells like the kind of guy I don't want to smell like...
    NEW SPLIT - Tom Ford Lavender Palm 50ml in Atomizer - DISCONTINUED!. .

Most of the time I am very proud of the Basenotes community. Time after time I have witnessed the thoughtfulness, empathy & genuine friendship that members of this community extend to others - oldtimers & newcomers alike. There are other times, however, when egos get the upper hand and civility goes out the window. My philosophy is that I won't say anything here that I would not say if you were standing in front of me. Welcome to Basenotes, each and every one of us. ~ TwoRoads

I will say this 1 million does have some very good longevity, at least on my skin, which is typically knocking downs scents pretty quick. Great dry down. I guess if I can withstand the bubble gum opening for the first 30-45 minutes or so it could be a worthwhile ride. I'm not sure I can though.

Quote Originally Posted by Master-Classter View Post
    it smells like the kind of guy I don't want to smell like...
    I agree with this sentiment, and yet, I tried it and thought it was kind of, no, really delicious. I find myself fighting myself not to like it...

How many sprays of one million do you guys use?

I use close to a half mil each time... I want those gypsy pimps in Europe to smell me coming...

It's still not all that popular in the US so I can getaway with using it from time to time when I work the clubs....As soon as it gets popular enough I can sell my bottle to someone by then.

Quote Originally Posted by Pipsta View Post
    I use close to a half mil each time... I want those gypsy pimps in Europe to smell me coming...

It's still not all that popular in the US so I can getaway with using it from time to time when I work the clubs....As soon as it gets popular enough I can sell my bottle to someone by then.
    Half mil = 4 sprays?

I might have to get a bottle of this that's for sure!!!
    Gary

My 9-year old loves 1 million. I can't stand the almond cake and cinnamon pudding stench of it.

Jesus Holy Christ ... how can someone "LOVE" this skunk sweat ? I got a bottle a few weeks back , a blind buy going by the "best seller" reputation .... and man its gross !

It smells like my GF's ( perfumed ) underarms the morning after a night-long of hot sticky sweaty making out ...

How can this be termed a perfume ? Its a weapon to stay away from the crowd !! People in the elevator would step aside to make way for you ... its that bad

Anyways , taste varies from person to person ... so nothing personal here .

Quote Originally Posted by hollowcaste
    It smells like my GF's ( perfumed ) underarms the morning after a night-long of hot sticky sweaty making out ...
    You give it too much credit, it's not nearly that interesting.

Quote Originally Posted by Riverwide View Post
    This. On our side of the Atlantic, it's been completely taken over by the teen chav brigade. Completely unwearable unless you want to be one of them.

I like One Million, kinda. It's a little sweet and borderline pour femme perfumish. It's nice though. Almost pretty. But...it's kinda candyish, and I just don't know that I want to smell this candy sweet. I'd rather there be some notes in it that are a little pungeant to kinda balance the sweetness. But if sweet is not a problem for you, it's a buy!

Quote Originally Posted by JonnyLeMale View Post

I'm pretty sure no one has faked PM. That bottle would be a BEAR to copy.
    Looking for Hermessence Ambre Narguile and for TFPB Moss Breches (50ml bottle), willing to pay in cashdollars. PM me!

1 Million is great for the night. Woman like it, but, at least, here at Brazil, 90% of the guys has this one and use it even to the class at the day!

If there was one fragrance I could destroy, it'd be 1 Million.

The way people have bandwagoned this in England is actually disgusting. Everyone wears it, all of the 18-25 year old clubbers will wear this, like someone else said it's a pile of shit. Absolute shit. What makes it worse is you know people buy it just because it's one of the only scents they've heard of.

Thank God I discovered this forum.

I LOVE 1 million too!

Its my number one fragrance.

Its modern, projects well and it lasts.

Quote Originally Posted by JonnyLeMale View Post
    sigh. more myth propogation. ppl who post so frequently should know better.

OP - 1 million is becoming overused where I live, so enjoy it before it becomes an unwearable cliche. It's really hard to still like something after you smell it on roughly 1/10th of the guys in the club

So do I, even if I seem to belong to the more powerhouse, old-school fraction, there is nothing wrong in liking One Million

Quote Originally Posted by Vitamin B Complex View Post
    If there was one fragrance I could destroy, it'd be 1 Million.

The way people have bandwagoned this in England is actually disgusting. Everyone wears it, all of the 18-25 year old clubbers will wear this, like someone else said it's a pile of shit. Absolute shit. What makes it worse is you know people buy it just because it's one of the only scents they've heard of.

Thank God I discovered this forum.
    When I was visiting I got wafts of it in the tube consistently. Thankfully I'm in North America so I am actually able to enjoy the fragrance and be somewhat unique.
    The hunt for a Signature Fragrance is not an easy one! I see the light at the end of the tunnel!
    Want to buy! "Nothing?!, well that's a first."

SAME THING WITH ME... I ABSOLUTELY LOVE 1 MILLION... I get terrible longevity with most colognes except like A*MEN, 1 Million, Le Male, and Pi. But 1 million is my have by far
    Yes I'm 15, yes I'm Young, Yes i Got Money, and Yes I'm damn proud of it

one million is some good stuff and is a great going out bar club scent
    i also have skin that doesnt seem to hold frags very well
    musc ravageur and the dreamer are two good ones to go for if u want sillage and longevity though
    Current top 5

1 spiriteuse double vanille
    2 musc ravageur
    3 versace dreamer
    4 chanel allure
    5 new haarlem

Basenotes Member

Hey guys!

I'm new to basenotes so don't give too much hate to me =)

But anyway.. I recently just got a bottle of 1 Million and I think its pretty good. I hear its all the rage in Europe but I was curious if it was all that popular here in the States. I would rather not smell like the hordes of Fierce kids here

I think it smells good in (small) doses. I'm not a huge fan though. My wife likes it, so it may go in the "wear it to occasionally appease her" category along with Le Male...

Banned
    Blog Entries

It reminds me of Lapidus pour Homme for some reason. But I think it's unfairly maligned by noses-on-High. The blood orange and mint accord is well done and very masculine.

Also, the bottle is very conservative and classy, quite a demure design sensibility there.

Got a bottle this week. Smelled like burnt oranges and some sweetness to me. Gave it away. Also got Versace Dreamer and didnt like that. Maybe it is just me

imo I do enjoy wearing 1 million to the bars women love this stuff

Basenotes Junkie

does the dry down of this annoy anyone besides me? I like the opening with the fruity bubble gum but later on it fades into something else.

Banned
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Vince23heat View Post
    does the dry down of this annoy anyone besides me? I like the opening with the fruity bubble gum but later on it fades into something else.
    Kind of a strange drydown indeed. Hard to say what it's like though, but it does take me back to '80s power fragrances in its feel.

Quote Originally Posted by Vince23heat View Post
    nope

Basenotes Junkie

the reason i dont have a bottle is because i only like the openning

I have to admit this is one of my most interesting scents. For me though half a spray is more than enough. Projects like a beast and lasts all night!
    My Swap List: [url]http://www.basenotes.net/threads/304870-Designer-and-Niche-bottles-and-decants-for-swap[/url]

Top 10 Favorite Fragrances:
    1) Creed- Aventus
    2) Heeley Menthe Fraiche
    3) Gucci Pour Homme II
    4) Christian Dior- Fahrenheit (Vintage)
    5) Creed- Green Irish Tweed
    6) Diptique- Philosykos
    7) Dior Homme Intense
    8) L'Instant de Guerlain Extreme
    9) Rochas Man
    10) Midnight In Paris

I flip flop on this scent so much. But I will say it LASTS. I wore it for a whole day and I could smell it clearly the next day at work. It actually got a bit annoying. But it seems to last longer than any Mugler scent I have. For better or worse.

I really hate 1 Million. I couldn't get past the opening bubblegum scent. Maybe I'll revisit this scent in a couple years.

I got rid of my bottle awhile ago and the bubble gum opening was just too 'young' for me.... kind of obnoxious, too.