Code of Conduct

Default Guerlain 'With Love' - Is it really that good and was it limited edition?

Just bought a 50ml EDT unsniffed for $16.99 off the 'Bay.

The bottle looks really tacky if you ask me, but I'm a sucker for the bouchon cur
    flacon.

Read some good reviews and was wondering whether there are any detractors.

And I understand that it was discontinued after 2005?

BN better than ever
    Blog Entries

Default Re: Guerlain 'With Love' - Is it really that good and was it limited edition?

Love it. Just bought my FIFTH bottle off ebay. It's a simple, nice rose-peony fragrance, but the "white amber" drydown is the real kicker. I actually prefer it when the bottle's gotten half empty, because the topnotes fade more quickly, delivering me to that rose/peony/amber cloud. But I am extra partial because I got my first bottle as a 25th anniversary gift from our daughter.

Yes, it was limited edition. There was a streak of love-named frags released once a year, and this is generally reviewed as the best one.
    Last edited by Quarry; 20th October 2010 at 12:47 AM.
    In a world where 6 million people are added each month, every landscape matters.

Default Re: Guerlain 'With Love' - Is it really that good and was it limited edition?

Quote Originally Posted by Quarry View Post
    Love it. Just bought my FIFTH bottle off ebay. It's a simple, nice rose-peony fragrance, but the "white amber" drydown is the real kicker. I actually prefer it when the bottle's gotten half empty, because the topnotes fade more quickly, delivering me to that rose/peony/amber cloud. But I am extra partial because I got my first bottle as a 25th anniversary gift from our daughter.

Yes, it was limited edition. There was a streak of love-named frags released once a year, and this is generally reviewed as the best one.
    Thanks for the info! Now I don't regret this impulse buy.

P/S : The other 'Love' frags like the current 'Love is All' are very un-Guerlain-like in their tackiness.

Others like 'Purple Fantasy' also look very tacky in their packaging...

I would never dream of acquiring these....unless they were free of course!

Basenotes Plus

oooh, good deal and lovely scent- soft as a baby's bum.
    A Scent Rescuer
    Every great perfume deserves a good home

With all due respect, I am totally not impressed by With Love -- another fruity floral, lacking character or features.

5 out of 5 Basenoters rate it positively. It's nice to have a dissenting view...