Code of Conduct
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Amouage Reflection Man & Creed Green Irish Tweed

First off, I'm more than likely going to purchase both of these in the coming weeks. My question is this, when comparing the samples of both of these, they share a similar freshness to my nose. RM gets sweeter as it dries down than GIT, but in the openings they have a very similar vibe (at least to me). But I think each has it's own character and warrants a purchase.

My question is, am I crazy for buying large bottles both (4 oz. for GIT, 3.4 oz. for RM), and do you guys think they are different enough to warrant owning both?

I appreciate any feedback given.
    The Lyor Cohen of Dior Homme, that's Dior Homme, not Dior homey

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Amouage Reflection Man & Creed Green Irish Tweed

No you're not crazy. I bought Amouage Reflection and to me it doesn't smell anything like GIT. They both smell good though! I own both. Amouage Reflection is my signature scent.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by nickyplat View Post
    I think each has it's own character and warrants a purchase.
    I agree!

I have worn GIT for more than a decade and when Reflection Man came along it soon became a favourite for me as well. Quite different scents but I can understand your similar vibe comment.

Post Thanks / Like

Just look at the cost per ml of each bottle and compare it with smaller bottles. If you like them both enough. Large bottle it is.

Post Thanks / Like

They are very different. When I first time tested Reflection, I thought it was exciting. Now, I can`t stand it! GIT on the other hand, is IMO a masterpiece. It is one of the most classy natural smelling fresh scents, with the most heavenly dry-down.

Post Thanks / Like

I love GIT but reflection smells like a corn tortilla with some flowers mashed up on it to me lol

Post Thanks / Like

Really? I think it smells amazing. Both drove the women crazy at the office. Granted, I live in a small city (around 300k) and most of the men here wear Aqua Do Gio, Polo Blue, and all other uber-popular frags (JPG isn't even that big here), so when they smell shit like GIT, Reflection, Pure Malt, 1 Million and Musc Ravageur their minds are blown lol

Trust me when I tell you it pays to be a in-the-know about fragrances in a place like this.

Post Thanks / Like

Trust me when I tell you it pays to be a in-the-know about fragrances in a place like this.
    You'd think that one of the oldest settlements in the 'New World' would have more than 300K people by now.

Post Thanks / Like

I own both, and to me they are quite different. I don't see the similarity at all.

Yes, it's worth owning both if you like them. I suspect that you will see greater differences between them the more you wear them.

BTW, I am not a fan of GIT and much prefer Reflection Man.

Post Thanks / Like

@ adonis - Yeah, Macy's is a big deal here. The closest Sephora is an hour and a half away in Charlottesville! No Neiman Marcus or Saks until you get to northern VA, so I have to go online to get the good stuff.

@ noggs - Of the two, I prefer RM. It is a much more complex smell with a lot more going on. GIT is much more fresh and green. I don't think they smell alike, I just get a similar vibe in the opening (both have a freshness that sort of tickle the nose, if that makes any sense.

Post Thanks / Like

Really? I think it smells amazing. Both drove the women crazy at the office. Granted, I live in a small city (around 300k) and most of the men here wear Aqua Do Gio, Polo Blue, and all other uber-popular frags (JPG isn't even that big here), so when they smell shit like GIT, Reflection, Pure Malt, 1 Million and Musc Ravageur their minds are blown lol

Yup, fried corn tortillas, no joke that is literally the first thing I thought when I smelled it. It's interesting how our noses perceive fragrances so differently though isn't it? I have a roommate that thinks Musc Ravageur smells disgusting, but he thinks Serge Noire by Serge Lutens smells pretty good. I was shocked when he told me he thought it smells good because it literally is one of the most vile things I've ever smelled, it makes me feel queasy to smell even from a distance.

Granted, I live in a small city (around 300k)
    Ha! I was born in Roanoke, but raised in Lynchburg. Roanoke *is* big! heh heh. I love that area.

I was surprised when I recently found out that there was no Sephora there. Lame. I don't think we can really expect southwest VA to have a large market for finer fragrances, though.

Post Thanks / Like

whatttt?....as similar as are the moon and the sun

I don't know if I think they are very similar. I know one thing though: Reflection Man is the most polished fragrance I've ever smelled. It just smells refined, polished, and pleasant. I feel like a million bucks when I wear it. I'm sure one day I'll own a full bottle, but for now, I make do with my official 2 ml samples that I got online. I purchased like 5 of them. Gave one to my dad, and I've almost used one myself. Still have plenty more, considering that I only where it but so often.

Post Thanks / Like

Okay, I'm to purchase RM Friday. I know I can purchase a 100ml bottle from luckyscent.com and parfumsraffy.com.I have no experience with parfumsraffy and I've only ordered samples from luckyscent. Does anyone have positive/negative experiences with these companies, and am I guaranteed to get fresh product from either of them? (for $260+ I want to make sure I'm not getting old stock)

I'm not worried about GIT or Aventus because I'll be buying direct from creedboutique.com.

Nickyplat, I believe parfumsraffy gives you a 10% discount when you type in the promo code "basenotes", so they may be the best one to go with.

Post Thanks / Like

@ Larwiz - Thanks for the heads up. That will save me $25, which I can use towards taking my girl out to dinner where I'll tell her I spent $230 on a bottle of cologne! Lol

Smart move Nick. lol

Post Thanks / Like

@ Larwiz - Thanks for the heads up. That will save me $25, which I can use towards taking my girl out to dinner where I'll tell her I spent $230 on a bottle of cologne! Lol
    lol - great, thank you.

Yep, Parfums Raffy is the place to go to for Amouage. I got my Reflection from there and also just picked up Memoir Man from them. They toss in free official Amouage samples with a purchase, too; coupled with the 10% off, they can't be beat!
    Last edited by SculptureOfSoul; 21st October 2010 at 05:30 AM.
    ***For sale:

Iris Pallida 50ml

Ungaro I 75ml

and more!
    - http://www.basenotes.net/threads/301...n-Man-and-more

Post Thanks / Like

Cool. I think I'm going to get my GIT from them too. That 10% off is nice. Too bad they don't have Aventus yet. I guess I'm paying full price for that.

Post Thanks / Like

Cool. I think I'm going to get my GIT from them too. That 10% off is nice. Too bad they don't have Aventus yet. I guess I'm paying full price for that.
    I bought my amouage reflection at one of the best perfumeries in seattle for 270 bucks. She also gave me samples of the whole amouage line. The sample bottles are pretty damn generous! Also got a bunch of bond 9 samples too! Bought my GIT from fragrancenet. Smells sooo damn gooood.

Post Thanks / Like

Purchased the RM yesterday. With the 10% basenotes discount I ended up splurging for 3 day shipping, so it's scheduled to be delivered Wednesday. Next up, GIT!!