Code of Conduct

Default Must de Cartier? What do you think?

Whats up.
    So i decided to buy few new winter frags.
    I ended up going for
    Must de Cartier
    Rochas Man
    M7

Today MDC arrived and its a lot different from what i expected.
    From the description and reviews i expected something a whole lot different. I cant find what people smell as "dirty" in it.
    To me it has this slight baby powder-dipper scent with grapefruit-orange peel.

Im not saying i dislike it; It is definitely a classy scent but it isnt dirty at all

Default Re: Must de Cartier? What do you think?

You have some good taste! I actually wore Must today and I got to say I love it. Totally agree with you on the baby powder thing and I don't smell that "animalic" scent others talk about either. When the temperature really drops this winter, I think it's going to be my regular daytime scent. Ironically, when first recommended to me, I thought it would be more used as a romantic type one.

I think Must is quite unique and classy, but I wish it could be a bit stronger and denser. More "power". You should try L`Artisan Mechant Loup wich is quite similar, but denser and with more liquorice.

Quote Originally Posted by Oslo-Fjord View Post
    I think Must is quite unique and classy.
    Agree

Must de Cartier pour homme is really classy. It has a soft cinnamon and olive aroma over a woody base. What i dislike is that it doesn`t last on me - it disappears quickly on skin.
    The Essence version is a bit stronger and has something green that reminds me of the feminine version, which has a masculine aroma too in a Obssession Man Aura.

Let me add, I've have some luck on the longevity by putting a spray on my shirt as well....while I've never had terrible longevity with this like others have, it's average at best

Has anyone tried the women's version - it has such a masculine edge to it

Yes I also thought it would be for romantic use but its a very nice all-around scent.
    itasts pretty good on me, it jusy doesnt really project.
    The anis is a little overwhelming at first. I used 4 sprays today and for the first 30min the anis was a little cloying

I don't get a "dirty" note in Must de Cartier at all. In fact I think it carries more of a "shower fresh" "clean" scent than pretty much any fragrance I've tried.

vita odorifera
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by rickbr View Post
    ...The Essence version is a bit stronger and has something green that reminds me of the feminine version, which has a masculine aroma too in a Obssession Man Aura.
    Must de Cartier Eau Fine reminds me so much of Obsession for Men.

I am yet to smell the Essence version of MdC pH and rickbr's description makes me yearn more for it.

I get decent longevity with MdC pH though.
    ointments and perfume delight the heart....

#BBOG!

I know that Cartier's Declaration has often been accused of smelling dirty but I've never really sensed that from Must.

kim

I kind of get where a slight sense of dirtiness might be sensed in Must. It definitely isn't DIRTY on the full dirtiness scale that BNers are exposed to, but there's a little "seasoning" in the base.

I really like it. I find it to be a unique but approachable oriental.
    "It's not what you look like when you're doing what you're doing; it's what you're doing when you're doing what you look like you're doing."

Quote Originally Posted by scentimus View Post
    Has anyone tried the women's version - it has such a masculine edge to it
    Yes, it's the only version I use. I like it.

Quote Originally Posted by perfaddict View Post
    I am yet to smell the Essence version of MdC pH and rickbr's description makes me yearn more for it
    The idea of the Cartier essence frags is a stripped down version. Many of the notes are taken out, what's left are increased in strength to compensate. The key victims of the cull in Essence Must PH are the Tonka and Vanilla, which gives the drydown of the normal version it's creamy quality.

Sur la Plage

I think Must is quite unique and classy.
    Quote Originally Posted by hednic View Post
    Agree
    Yes. I agree also. It's much better than Must de Cartier pour Homme.
    Please feel free to check out my Swap Thread - Patou pour Homme, L'Instant de Guerlain PH Extreme, Dior Homme Intense, Pure Malt, Pure Coffee and many more! Click Here For My Swap Thread

My wife bought the Essence version for me several years ago, and I still love it. It's strictly for very cold winter day wear, IMO. But whenever I wear it I love it, and my wife likes it on me, too.

I've tried it once or twice in warmer weather. No, just no. For me, cold days only. Colder the better for this fragrance.

I also wanted to mention the Essence version.....This is very nice.....I don't feel that either version has that dirty feel that many are looking for in a musk.....Must de Cartier works good for me!!!
    Gary

Though it isn't a terrible scent, I don't like Must Pour Homme at all. What irritates the hell out of me is the total lack of originality in the scent - another sweet, generic oriental scent with no standout qualities. The "dirty animal" smell is so faint, and it only lasts about a half hour or so, that it's barely even noting.

This frag bores me to tears. I bought my bottle a couple of years ago, and it just sits around collecting dust.
    Check out my blog Pour Monsieur, a no-nonsense guide to men's fragrances:
    http://pourmonsieurblog.blogspot.com/

Any fragrance that should not be worn in public, should be worn in public.

its really not a bad scent. i dont see why you dislike it.
    it does have a very strong sense of class to it, yet it is a great all around scent.
    it isnt phenomenal but its not bad either.

Quote Originally Posted by mrcologneguy View Post
    My wife bought the Essence version for me several years ago, and I still love it. It's strictly for very cold winter day wear, IMO. But whenever I wear it I love it, and my wife likes it on me, too.

I've tried it once or twice in warmer weather. No, just no. For me, cold days only. Colder the better for this fragrance.
    It seems that this one has something that either reacts intense or light on skin. I have already read some comments saying that must essence was intense and better for winter, but on me it`s very light, a spicy woody scent that i have to spray it liberally to have a sheer projection in summer days. It`s one of my favorite spice frags for summer.

I have the EDP. I love it. I don't wear it as often I as thought I would when I bought it. It's one of my favorites from that house.

Quote Originally Posted by petruccijc View Post
    Yes. I agree also. It's much better than Must de Cartier pour Homme.
    Is`n it the homme version we are talking about here??

I had a mini several years ago and I gave it about ten chances. Each and every time it turned up my stomach. There must be something in it which I can't stand. Sorry, no more chance.

Is`n it the homme version we are talking about here??
    It's what I'm talking about anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by mrclmind View Post
    It's what I'm talking about anyway.
    Has it ever been a EDP of Must du Cartier pour homme? Do you mean the Essence version?

Has it ever been a EDP of Must du Cartier pour homme? Do you mean the Essence version?
    The only one that had a EDP version was the earlier Must Cartier Pour Femme. The actual Must Cartier Pour Femme is EDT and it`s has a galbanum predominating aroma over spices, jasmine and vanilla which reminds me off obsession man with some flowers. The Essence Version is not EDP, is EDT too and the more predominating spices go in a similar direction of Must Cartier Pour Femme EDT, but without the flower side that may be overwhelming for some man.

strange, but pleasant...