Code of Conduct

Default Houbigant mini oils with the black labels

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

I'm so happy, I've been hunting for 20 years for this scruffy looking bottle on the middle left. It matches my patchouli. I am still hunting for the musk and civet of the same label type. I saw a musk once on ebay but had missed the auction unfortunately. If you ever see these with the black labels, empty or full. Please guide me there or grab it and I will sort you out with a wonderful swap or recompense you. Then my houbigant collection will be complete for the 60's section.

Default Re: Houbigant mini oils with the black labels

The full set finally....... after all this time....

It's taken me over 30 years to find them all....... then all three came at once. It cost me an arm and a leg but......

Here is a treat to behold....

How utterly wonderful! Congratulations. Now you just need to get rid of your husband and children this weekend...wink!

After buying these, I think they will get rid of me..... lol

Oh, oh!! Mumsy, what a find! That is an adorable set! I had Alyssa Ashley Civet around 1977 or 78, but it was a spray in a black bottle. I couldn't smell it on me, so I gave it to a friend. It smelled great on her, or at least I could smell it on her. Enjoy your treasures.

p.s. Here's a story: The friend to whom I gave it was with me when I bought it. It was in a clothing boutique and they had those AA Civet bottles on display. There was this much older woman working in the shop and she said, "Oh, honey you don't want that, trust me." And I was like, "No, I do want it!" And she said, "Do you know what that is? It's cat!", and she looked so disgusted. I suppose she had tried it when they got it in. Lol!!
    Last edited by lilybelle; 7th November 2012 at 05:46 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by lilybelle View Post
    Oh, oh!! Mumsy, what a find! That is an adorable set! I had Alyssa Ashley Civet around 1977 or 78, but it was a spray in a black bottle. I couldn't smell it on me, so I gave it to a friend. It smelled great on her, or at least I could smell it on her. Enjoy your treasures.

p.s. Here's a story: The friend to whom I gave it was with me when I bought it. It was in a clothing boutique and they had those AA Civet bottles on display. There was this much older woman working in the shop and she said, "Oh, honey you don't want that, trust me." And I was like, "No, I do want it!" And she said, "Do you know what that is? It's cat!", and she looked so disgusted. I suppose she had tried it when they got it in. Lol!!
    Hee Hee!

When I was young, my father once had a company that sold redundant cosmetics in their original boxes, after their boxes had been redesigned, to ladies in their canteens at lunchtimes. We had a garage full of these..... I used to help myself to anything I wanted..... if only we had known then...

I reckon it is when my perfume addiction began at the tender age of early teens. The interest had already been kindled by my grandmother when I was a very young girl. She gave me a present of a tiny blue bottle of Je Reviens by Worth in a little drawstring bag. It was tiny and round and I so loved it. My next perfume was Blue Grass by Elizabeth Arden. A discarded one from my mother. I began young..... there is no cure.

I began young, too, Mumsy, with my mother and aunts and grandmother as examples. I was fated to be like this. No there is no cure, just management and maintenance.

Me too. For lots of reasons, but one of the main influences was an Aunt who gave me my first Perfume when I was a child, Helena Rubinstein Heaven Scent. I really loved it. I managed to get some on ebay but it is spoiled. I still smell it though because it is still in there somewhere. I genuinely felt a rrrrrush of excitement when you posted the pic of your nostalgic haul mumsy!

Nope, no cure, but I find that several sprays two to four times a day is very efficatious in the management of this malady.