Code of Conduct

Default Odin New York....

hi, has anyone come across these fragrances before?
    they do sound quite interesting.....

Default Re: Odin New York....

Here are a few reviews...
    http://www.basenotes.net/fragrancedi...y/?search=odin

I have tried all four. None of them are FBW for me. They are all nice, pleasant but lackluster and missing something.

Odin Century is very much worth testing. If you like Gucci pour homme I, then you may like Century since it has some similarities. Century though is more complex and longer lasting than the Gucci. The other Odin fragrances are nice, but a bit unremarkable. I haven't bought any yet, but I may eventually buy a bottle of Century.

I like No4 Petrana-a truly elegant scent (IMO)-cassis and coriander accords. The price is very reasonable (somewhere around $100). It is a bit unusual, test it first.

No. 3 Century seems to be very interesting.

I tested them for a bit and to me the most interesting are definitely #2 and #3.
    You can read my reviews of the complete ODIN line here

I liked #1, it has probably the best vanilla I've ever smelled (I'm a bit of a vanilla fan), but the longevity isn't too great. I'm still testing #4, but I'm enjoying it so far.

I have the first 3 Odin frags in official samples. As someone stated above, they smell nice, but not FBW for me.

I can hardly wait to get my hands of a full bottle of 04 Petrana from this series. I got an official sample from luckyscent.com, and was mightily impressed with the incredibly dark, beautiful, and stunning purple iris opening. It seems to fade after a while, but there is always a lingering melody of that beautiful iris.... This is similar to another thread from yesterday regarding sad fragrances, etc. This could possibly fall in that category, but it's more like the legend (or is it fact?) of L van Beethoven shaking his fist at the thunderstorm at the end of his life. There is no spirit of 'the lost soul' in this fragrance! Gorgeous masculine floral of the highest order, IMO.

Lifelong Sniffaholic
    Blog Entries

I tried 01, 02 and 03 at Aedes and really liked the citrusy 02 Owari-- was even considering buying a bottle then and there-- but the fantastic top notes faded in a very short time.

Still, that was just sprayed on my arm; the notes might last longer if sprayed under clothing. I want to test further and will probably order a few more samples from Luckyscent for the purpose.

Enjoying #4

Quote Originally Posted by MikeD View Post
    I can hardly wait to get my hands of a full bottle of 04 Petrana from this series. I got an official sample from luckyscent.com, and was mightily impressed with the incredibly dark, beautiful, and stunning purple iris opening. It seems to fade after a while, but there is always a lingering melody of that beautiful iris.... This is similar to another thread from yesterday regarding sad fragrances, etc. This could possibly fall in that category, but it's more like the legend (or is it fact?) of L van Beethoven shaking his fist at the thunderstorm at the end of his life. There is no spirit of 'the lost soul' in this fragrance! Gorgeous masculine floral of the highest order, IMO.
    I could not have said it better myself. Very eloquent Good stuff

I love my 04 Petrana. It seemed to fade out prematurely on me so I tested it on my kid spraying him down with it before sending him off to school on the bus. He still smelled great when he returned so I presume its longevity is just fine. It's fairly linear but it is also very elegant. The price point is about right given what's out there. It also layers in beautifully with men's Burberry London and London SE. It's almost as though they were designed for each other.

There are very few fragrances I've fallen in love with instantly, but this is one of them.

Just this week began my friend (called "The Nose Of Hungary") carrying this line. I'm eager to swap a bottle from our winery for the four samples
    Last edited by Sandy; 29th October 2010 at 05:35 PM.

Have sampled 01-02-03, they're ok imo but going to give them another shot by trying Petrana on for size.

Tested out #4 Petrana again today. I've tried all 4 from this line now. My review is this: I am thoroughly bored. For a newcomer to the niche game, you would think this little fragrance house would try something different other than just generic Sephora-esque bestseller type fragrances.

Uninspiring at best.

I have tried all four. None of them are FBW for me. They are all nice, pleasant but lackluster and missing something.
    I'll second that.
    - Expect the unexpected