Code of Conduct

Smile Histoires de Parfums

I just received a sample of 1828, and first impressions are really positive. I checked "the guide", and found that Luca has given a variety of these really high marks. Not sure how I missed this line. What are your thoughts out there? What do you like? Dislike? What's worth exploring?

And I also did a quick search on where to buy - am I missing something here too? Looks like beautycafe.com, and I'm not really sure where else?

Thanks.

Frag Bomb Squadron XVII

Default Re: Histoires de Parfums

Histoires de Parfums is one of my favorite niche houses, and frankly I'm rather glad it has not acquired the popularity of Creed or Serge Lutens. Afaik all are in EDP concentration.

My favorites:
    1725 Casanova
    1969 Revolte
    1876 Matahari
    1828 Jules Verne
    Ambre 114
    Noir Patchouli
    Tubereuse Animale
    Tubereuse Capriceuse
    Chevrefeuille (discontinued)

Also worth sampling:
    1740 Marquis de Sade
    1889 Moulin Rouge
    1826 Eugenie de Montijo
    1804 George Sand
    Vert Pivoine
    Tubereuse Virginale
    Blanc Violette

Try some of these & do share with us what you think of them.

Histoires de Parfums is a very high quality house using high quality ingredients with Gerard Ghislain being an extremely gifted nose. The entire house is worth sampling, but I do have three favorites I can't live without: 1740,1876 and Tuberuse #3 Animale

Sur la Plage

One of my favorite houses. I highly recommend:

Ambre 114
    Tubereuse #3
    Defile New York
    Noir Patchouli
    Please feel free to check out my Swap Thread - Patou pour Homme, L'Instant de Guerlain PH Extreme, Dior Homme Intense, Pure Malt, Pure Coffee and many more! Click Here For My Swap Thread

I'm a big fan of this house's use of quality ingredients and devotion to detail. The packaging is both elegant and intelligent. I currently own Ambre 114, 1740 Marquis de Sade (imortelle flower and leather, related to Annick Goutal's Sables) and 1828 Jules Verne. The lush and complex Ambre 114 is my absolute favorite amber fragrance; it has a distinct top, middle and base, something amber fragrances rarely do. It opens with a strong nutmeg note (which is also featured quite prominently in 1828 Jules Verne), the middle is almost a fragrance in itself, a floral chypre to be exact, rose and geranium married to vetiver and patchouli, the middle sticks around and adds a slight sourness to the oriental base of amber, vanilla, tonka and benzoin.
    I'm planning on buying a decant of Tuberuse 3 - Animale I don't think I would ever go through an entire bottle of this beastly beauty.

The price might seem high but the quantity of the scent is generous, and they are EDP.

My favs are:

1740 Marquis de Sade
    1725 Casanova
    1889 Moulin Rouge
    1873 Colette
    Tubereuse 3 Animale

To my knowledge, only Beautycafe and Miomia in the U.S. carry the scents.

You may also buy 14 ml minis in sets of three to mix and match.

For my own experience, the owner of Beautycafe is wonderful with filling orders and answering questions.
    Last edited by Primrose; 20th October 2010 at 05:09 PM.
    "No sweet perfume ever tortured me more than this." Desert Rose by Sting and Cheb Mami, Album 1999.

Sur la Plage

Henri Bendel now carries the line also.
    Please feel free to check out my Swap Thread - Patou pour Homme, L'Instant de Guerlain PH Extreme, Dior Homme Intense, Pure Malt, Pure Coffee and many more! Click Here For My Swap Thread

I have been fond of this line for some time now.

My SOTD is 1828 and it is my house favorite to date. I am glad to own a bottle.

I think highly of Ambre 114, 1740 and 1804 (current formulation; there is an old that is not so good).

I need to look at the rest of the line more thoroughly.

I ordered vials of this line this week end which should arrive tomorrow I can't wait.

Based on BN reviews of their lines , I have ordered decants of
    1725 (Casanova)
    1740 (Marquis de Sade)
    1969 (Revolte)

Can't wait !
    Current top 10 in no particular order : Malle - Carnal Flower (pre 2008) ; Montale - Black Aoud ; Bond #9 - Silver Factory ; Tauer - L'air du désert marocain ; C&Z - No 88 ; Francis K. - APOM ; Creed - Aventus ; Amouage - Epic ; Profumum - Dulcis In Fundo ; Amouage - Opus V

Histoires de Parfums is also a favourite of mine.

I have tried the masculine-designated scents, 1725, 1740, 1828 and 1969, and am really impressed by how sure-footed this firm is. Each scent defines its own domain, and establishes a unique appeal based upon clarity, blending and great materials.

1725, for example, compares favourably to every other fragrance I have tested in the soft fougére (sayonara Invasion Barbére), anisic, or powdery oriental space. It really is, as Diamondflame has put it, the ultimate "smooth operator."

1740 (which I own) is a striking blend of resins, spice, pipe tobacco and leather, darkened by immortelle. The closest thing to it that I have tested is Ambre Russe, which pales in comparison.

1828 simply outshines every other citrus/nutmeg note I have experienced (though several have faulted the drydown), and 1969 is an appetizing combo of peach, rose and chocolate.

I look forward to trying more from this house. (Those of us in Europe can pick these up through First in Fragrance).

Ambre 114 - Ambre Sultan, with all the good stuff, and none of the bad stuff. Tied with Ambre Russe as my favorite, but it's that fragrance's exact opposite.

Marquis de Sade 1740 - mellow, fruity immortelle. Enjoyable.

Glad you are enjoying 1828. It's my favorite of the line that I've tried so far. I also like 1740 and Noir Patchouli but am not wild about 1725 yet. I am eager to try 1969 and Ambre 114 next and am thinking about getting one of the travel spray trios of my favorites.

1828 is my favorite too. 1740 and 1969 also good. Just got the mini-pack (mentioned above by Primrose) with Tubereuse 3 Animale, 1969, and 1804 from Miomia. Service was excellent and at $96 for the three small bottles reasonable. I have a full bottle of 1740 which I may never finish even though I like it.
    Christian Dior VetiverPatou Pour HommeChristian Dior Leather OudOrmonde Jayne Ormonde ManSerge Lutens Chene

I seem to have been wearing 1725 every other day lately - it's becoming a wardrobe staple. There's something about 1725 that seems to combine a fougere like opening with the feel-good, slightly powdery aspect of Eau Lente which is one of my favourite relaxed scents.

1740 took me a little time to warm to but I was wearing it again last night and a friend tried it and it was great on her. I am not a fan of immortelle but set within the plummy, boozy mix it is manageable enough. It's a dark one, for sure.

She also tried 1969 and then I showed her Tania Sanchez review and it was spot on - reminds me of surfing and 'Here Cones The Sun' . . . a good year.

I also have 14ml of 1804 & 1876 and Moulin Rouge and Ambre 114 on the way. I think the 14ml option is brilliant. I bought my FBs direct from HdP and they included the full mini sampler set - great way to explore the range.
    Last edited by mr. reasonable; 27th October 2010 at 06:14 AM.

I have ordered 6 samples as well.

So far I like 1828 and Noir Patchouli =)

Have bottles of all the men's and shared offerings. Great house.