Code of Conduct

Default Allure Sensuelle

I was caught from the first sniff. But I'm a bit uncentrain if it work's on a man. Is Allure Sensuelle a fragrance that would be considered as unisex? There's something that tells me that it could and there's something that makes me doubt.

Be indulgent with me, for I am just a simple Chanel freak who dont want to let a good frag pass me by.

Default Re: Allure Sensuelle

I find AS to be very feminine and sweet. But, I have been proven wrong before with this kind of question. So, try it yourself. Wear it around people who will tell you the truth.

Darn... Maybe you're right. :P

Allure Sensuelle is an odd outfit for me. The opening is more feminine, but in a way similar of the one found in Black Orchid, something which is fresh, but also very sweet. Then, the fragrance starts to develop into a more balmy, androgynous base, and after a couple of hours, you`re left with a spicy woody base that would fits like a glove in a masculine fragrance. It`s similar to Elixir des Merveilles in this aspect: if you smell it on someone that just applied it, it may pass as a feminine, or unissex frag, but if you catch a whiff of the basenotes, it`ll seem that you`re smelling a masculine spicy woody frag.

Quote Originally Posted by rickbr View Post
    Allure Sensuelle is an odd outfit for me. The opening is more feminine, but in a way similar of the one found in Black Orchid, something which is fresh, but also very sweet. Then, the fragrance starts to develop into a more balmy, androgynous base, and after a couple of hours, you`re left with a spicy woody base that would fits like a glove in a masculine fragrance. It`s similar to Elixir des Merveilles in this aspect: if you smell it on someone that just applied it, it may pass as a feminine, or unissex frag, but if you catch a whiff of the basenotes, it`ll seem that you`re smelling a masculine spicy woody frag.
    So what you mean is that AS is a kinda... Indefinable? Ambiguous? Maybe I should go for it anyway?

Quote Originally Posted by Siifter View Post
    So what you mean is that AS is a kinda... Indefinable? Ambiguous? Maybe I should go for it anyway?
    Ambiguous, because in some moments the scent goes feminine, in others it goes masculine i think. Maybe you should go fot it in the parfum version, since parfum versions in general amps the basenotes, which is the moment where the fragrance is more "shareable".

Quote Originally Posted by rickbr View Post
    Ambiguous, because in some moments the scent goes feminine, in others it goes masculine i think. Maybe you should go fot it in the parfum version, since parfum versions in general amps the basenotes, which is the moment where the fragrance is more "shareable".
    What do you think about the Edp? Maybe you havent tried but... Oh well...

Sur la Plage

When you wear it, do you enjoy the smell and does it give you a pleasurable experience? If so, then wear it in good health. If not, move on to something else. Why worry about what others say/think about it?
    Please feel free to check out my Swap Thread - Patou pour Homme, L'Instant de Guerlain PH Extreme, Dior Homme Intense, Pure Malt, Pure Coffee and many more! Click Here For My Swap Thread

I'd say wear it and see. I'm a woman and I love AS but some days it doesn't love me back. Some days I get a drydown very similar to gas as in gas station :/ but other days I get a magical,can't stop sniffing myself,what's that wonderful smell drydown. I keep using it waiting and hoping for those magical moments. I spray a bit on a makeup cotton pad and stuff it in my bra

In your bra? Well... lol But thanks. I bought the Edp last week.

Did you like it? I think it is unisex. It has some incense and the base is definitely unisex. I have the same experience as danysedai, some days this does not work for me, but some times it is very enjoyable. In fact, I may wear it tomorrow. I also have to spray carefully, because it gets very strong on me.
    Evenstar

Quote Originally Posted by arwen_elf View Post
    Did you like it? I think it is unisex. It has some incense and the base is definitely unisex. I have the same experience as danysedai, some days this does not work for me, but some times it is very enjoyable. In fact, I may wear it tomorrow. I also have to spray carefully, because it gets very strong on me.
    Yes I also think its unisex. I loved it at first wear... But today............... No. Overly too sweet. I didnt know that my feelings for it could turn this fast. I was at the edge of getting diabetes. Nothing for me. At all. But I have it in my collection as a piece of my Chanel puzzle.

Allure Sensuelle is a changeling. Sometimes it is too sweet, sometimes it is just perfect.
    Evenstar