Code of Conduct

Default Arden license-producing Azzaro Chrome in the US

I saw an Azzaro Chrome gift set at CVS today. No big deal to see it at drugstores here, as Chrome is a best-seller locally and throughout the US. And normally, it's produced in France and distributed in the US by Clarins Fragrance Group

Hence, I was very surprised to see on the back of the box:
    Made in U.S.A.
    ŠEA Fragrances, Inc.
    New York, NY 1----

(EA Fragrances=Elizabeth Arden)

Normally, it says something along the lines of
    "Azzaro Paris
    92200 Neuilly-sur-Seine France
    Made in France"

or
    "Distributed by Clarins Fragrance Group
    Orangeburg, NY 10962
    Made in France"

My thought: Elizabeth Arden making Chrome under license from Clarins? I haven't heard about these sort of things in the fragrance industry in years.

I know that the dollar is still weak, though not as weak as before, when compared against the euro. And I know that Clarins only has production facilities in France, while many of Arden's facilities are US-based. But questions remain:
    • Does the Arden-produced Chrome smell as good as the Clarins-produced Chrome?
    • When did Clarins enter into this relationship with Arden?
    • Are other Clarins fragrances, like Thierry Mugler's Angel, involved as well?
    • Is Arden only manufacturing Chrome for mass retailers like Walmart and CVS, or also for department stores like Macy's?
    • Is the Arden-made Chrome the same formulation and strength as the Clarins-made Chrome?
    • How and why did Arden and Clarins enter into this relationship?

The fragrant mystery starts...
    Celebrating 10 years on Basenotes - and smelling better than ever

My mission statement: "I am not afraid to keep on living - I am not afraid to walk this world alone."

Default Re: Arden license-producing Azzaro Chrome in the US

The US is now treating the EU like China treats the US !!!
    Currency degradation is the new black!!!

If EA did to Chrome what they've done to others you should expect to be disappointed, I'm sorry to say.

Tried Googling and Binging this. Still can't find any information.

Though Bing's first result on the subject was this exact page. I guess Bing can be more spot-on than Google...
    Celebrating 10 years on Basenotes - and smelling better than ever

My mission statement: "I am not afraid to keep on living - I am not afraid to walk this world alone."

Sur la Plage

Quote Originally Posted by blondex199667 View Post
    If EA did to Chrome what they've done to others you should expect to be disappointed, I'm sorry to say.
    If what they did with Halston Man and Halston Man Amber is any indication of what they are capable of, then maybe it could be a big improvement.
    Please feel free to check out my Swap Thread - Patou pour Homme, L'Instant de Guerlain PH Extreme, Dior Homme Intense, Pure Malt, Pure Coffee and many more! Click Here For My Swap Thread