Code of Conduct

Default suggestion : spice with oriental wood and vanilla undertones

Greetings gentleman !

I need a new bottle of Cologne/edt, as I'm down to my last bit of Polo Green. I'd like to find something in spice with oriental wood and vanilla undertones. Very slightly gourmand would be OK. For reference, I don't care for the powdery nature of Old Spice. Creamy would be better....warm-ish, and not too awfully sweet. I'm 57 years old, and in my employment don't come in contact with the pubic much.

What would you recommend ?

Thanks for any and all help/suggestions....and regards to everyone !
    Last edited by Diamondback; 23rd October 2010 at 03:58 AM.

Default Re: spice with oriental wood and vanilla undertones

I guess the reason nobody is touching this one is that not many at basenotes know anything under 30 bucks LOL. If you don't mind some orange, maybe Guess by Marciano would work. Of course, if you want somethin inexpensive, Avon is always a good deal. Something like Avon Touch by Black Suede. The new Davidoff Hot Water is actually quite nice IMO as well.

Default Re: spice with oriental wood and vanilla undertones

Quote Originally Posted by BradW View Post
    I guess the reason nobody is touching this one is that not many at basenotes know anything under 30 bucks LOL. If you don't mind some orange, maybe Guess by Marciano would work. Of course, if you want somethin inexpensive, Avon is always a good deal. Something like Avon Touch by Black Suede. The new Davidoff Hot Water is actually quite nice IMO as well.
    Thanks !.....I can skip coffee next week and go $35...if that would improve my choice ?

Default Re: suggestion : spice with oriental wood and vanilla undertones

There are literally hundreds of excellent fragrances that might fulfill your request for style of fragrance. However, the most limiting criteria will be the under $30 price point. But, that helps to narrow down the field of possibilities.

Two recommendations that might fit your description and price point are: Gucci Pour Homme and Rive Gauche Pour Homme by Yves St. Laurent. Both have hypnotic spice and wood notes. Also both can be bought for around $30 or less because they have been out on the market for a few years now. Even though these are 9 or 10 years old, they are both still very contemporary and smell fantastic - both have nice incense wood notes that you were looking for. Gucci Pour Homme is more incense oriented but has a strong spice opening too. Rive Gauche Pour Homme opens with a stronger masculine spice presence but also has a nice incensey woods basenote. Both of these scents were considered the "best of class" when they were introduced and they still are great fragrances. You can not go wrong with either of these fine fragrances.

yves saint laurants- opium
    CK - obsession

If you want like pure vanilla i might suggestion Gaultier ^2 it is very sweet and smells sort of like french vanilla bread in my opinion. Kinda like creme brulee,

i know others will probably recommend some niches like amber sultan or something

Jacques Fath L'Homme would fit that description.

Why don't you try Halston 1-12?
    It has Vanilla in the drydown, and lots of woods, Pine and Cedar mainly, and lots of Moss. A classical perfume, a 4.2 oz. bottle can be had for $9.99 at Marshall's. Also can be found in ebay for $10.68 shipping included, or 10 for $99.00.
    It is one of my alltime favorites and you will love it, just read the reviews.

Cobra Pour Homme

Quote Originally Posted by Diamondback View Post
    Greetings gentleman !

and in my employment don't come in contact with the pubic much.
    in that case, i sugest Muscs Koublaï Khän!
    Looking for Hermessence Ambre Narguile and for TFPB Moss Breches (50ml bottle), willing to pay in cashdollars. PM me!

YSL - Opium
    Givenchy - Pi

A smooth, dark, gentlemanly oriental woody,
    not really gourmand at all, but still one i think you'd really like:

Pal Zileri Sartoriale

Lots of exotic woods and spices,
    very warm and smooth,
    understated

Try 212 Sexy by Carolina Herrera. Definitely spicy and oriental with a smooth vanilla finish...