Code of Conduct
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Default SoTD ~ Thursday October 21st 2010

After a morning trip to the mall for breakfast, I couldn't help but be enticed to the Dior counter to sample some of their fragrances.

Although I used scent strips, the scents are strong enough such that, for today, I am unintentionally layering

with

with

with

I don't own any of these, but hey, it's free scent for a day! (It's like being in a haze of watermelony florals, with a hint of spiciness...a very striking & unusual effect!)
    Last edited by domperrier; 21st October 2010 at 09:56 AM.

Default Re: SoTD ~ Thursday October 20th 2010

Good morning all Extremely sleepy today! At least I have tomorrow off. Sotd is Samsara. Defenitely necessary with a warm scent in this weather. All this snow!:O

Good morning. It's an early start for me.

I didn't post yesterday on Spirit Day, so I've changed my avatar today to reflect my support for this on BN

Today's scent is

Laura Biagiotti

VENEZIA

There is an urban myth that everyone was wearing this is the '90s. I wasn't, and nor was anyone else in my vicinity. I had never heard of it till about 3 years ago. It has no associations for me other than being a wonderful fragrance in a unique bottle. It is all the better for that.
    Last edited by Sestra; 21st October 2010 at 06:58 AM. Reason: spelling
    Reformulation without information is fraud. Call the police.

Basenotes Plus

Basenotes Plus

BANG by Marc Jacobs

I'm looking forward to my day very much, I'm off to visit a client who just so happens to be a rather large high street Chocolatier & cocoa grower which will hopefully involve free chocolate of some variety. Yay!
    The Candy Perfume Boy:One boy's obsession with perfume and all things smelly.

Follow Fragrant Reviews on twitter for fragrance reviews in under 140 characters. Reviews by Candy Perfume Boy & GBlue.

Good Morning

Wearing ENIGMA by Oriflame
    The perfume is perfect for woman who is secretive and mysterious, woman who possesses charm and magnetically attractive charisma. It was created to seduce and tingle your imagination.
    Its top notes offer peach juice with freesia. Heart is wrapped with a veil of mystic with black rose, night jasmine, orange and date fruit. Base introduces sandalwood, patchouli, orchid, ambergris, vanilla and Tonka beans.
    LOVE IS BEST
    My sale thread :http://www.basenotes.net/search.php?searchid=2281122
    "There are people of spirit and there are people of passion but much less common that one might think. Rarer still are the people of passion and spirit. But rarest of all is a passionate spirit."
    -- Martin Buber

Beauty by Calvin Klein today.

Thumbs up Re: SoTD ~ Thursday October 20th 2010

VIVARA

Eau de Parfum by

Francois Demachy, Nathalie Gracia-Cetto and Marie-Aude Couture

EMILIO PUCCI
    Have I told you about the scent of jasmine? Have I spoken about the smell of the sea? The earth is scented. And I perfume myself to enhance what I am. That's why I can not wear a perfume that bothers me. Perfuming is an instinctive wisdom. And like all art, it requires some knowledge of yourself..."
    Clarice Lispector ( 1920-1977) - Perfumes da Terra / Earth
    Perfumes

Lp no 9 for Men by Penhaligon's

Sur la Plage

Quote Originally Posted by domperrier View Post
    After a morning trip to the mall for breakfast, I couldn't help but be enticed to the Dior counter to sample some of their fragrances.
    Can you please change the date in the title of the thread to October 21. Thanks!
    Please feel free to check out my Swap Thread - Patou pour Homme, L'Instant de Guerlain PH Extreme, Dior Homme Intense, Pure Malt, Pure Coffee and many more! Click Here For My Swap Thread

Sur la Plage

Good morning! My SOTD is Etat Libre d'Orange - Fat Electrician.

Notes include vetiver, vanilla bean, opoponax and myrrh.

Please feel free to check out my Swap Thread - Patou pour Homme, L'Instant de Guerlain PH Extreme, Dior Homme Intense, Pure Malt, Pure Coffee and many more! Click Here For My Swap Thread

I am slumming around in my dressing gown, full of cold and
    sneezing manically. I am just about to apply some L de Lubin.
    Have a good day wherever you are.
    A woman without perfume is like a flower without a scent.

Default Re: SoTD ~ Thursday October 21st 2010

TWO bottles of Mitsy '80s parfum(extrait) arrived in the mail today! One from the US & one from England...

So my SoTA/E ~Mitsouko vintage extrait.

Cartoonish Royalty Le Grand Duc's Avatar

Basenotes Plus

Boucheron Jaipur Homme

Take care, everyone!
    "I felt something so intense, I could only express it in a perfume." - Jacques Guerlain

YSL Opium, extrait.

I use my sample of Montale Black Aoud.

for today XXY Xerjoff ...few drops from a sample

DON'T DRINK AND DRESS

Blog Entries

Beyond Paradise Men this AM. Not the killer frag Luca Turin lauds, but not bad
    'Those who grow too big for their pants will be exposed in the end'--anon

I'm in Detchema parfum this morning...not Chanel, but I doubt my dance instructor will have a problem with it. Y'all have a nice day.

Science is not only compatible with spirituality, it is a profound source of spirituality. When we recognize our place in an immensity of light-years and in the passage of ages, when we grasp the intricacy, beauty, and subtlety of life, then that soaring feeling, that sense of elation and humility combined, is surely spiritual. ..Carl Sagan

Enjoy your dancing Ms. E. Can you really stand on your toes in those soft shoes? Ouch.
    I'm in Shiseido Feminite du Bois this AM. Plum yum, with some bois. And cinnamon!

Opium for me today
    Happiness is a summer breeze, sand between your toes, and your family by your side.

I'm sampling the discontinued Blazer (Helena Rubinstein) from a decant sent by a Basenoter. It smells crisp and green, clean and soapy up top, then goes a little resiny at the base, almost like Chamade - but more American-sporty. Love.

Happy Birthday to Dizzy Gillespie.

Have a good day, all!

Moschino ~ Friends

It's been quite warm here the past few days, so, in enjoyment of this mini-Indian summer we're having, I'm in SL Daim Blond.

Hello all. Wearing Le Dix.
    DONNA

Still enjoying Nu edp by YSL, purchased on recommendation of LeDuc himself. Thanks, Duc!

Basenotes Plus

SotE -

Guerlain's Shalimar vintage Parfum.

'Morning, all. Yesterday's scent was Jolie Madame, and today's scent will be Jolie Madame again. Still under the spell of this evil cold that turned into a sinus infection, all of which of course makes me less likely to want to put scent on. Uggh. I hope the rest of you are feeling well, or at least getting well. Take care, all.

Woke up to see the first snow in the mountains, luckily only rain down in the valley where I live. Wearing China Rain because it is the perfect rainy weather scent.

SotE :ALIAGE SPORT by E.LAUDER !Thank you sis for this one
    LOVE IS BEST
    My sale thread :http://www.basenotes.net/search.php?searchid=2281122
    "There are people of spirit and there are people of passion but much less common that one might think. Rarer still are the people of passion and spirit. But rarest of all is a passionate spirit."
    -- Martin Buber

Basenotes Institution

Sycomore by Chanel

Wearing black pants, black shoes and a black Polo shirt - this scent seemed appropriate.

I'm test-wearing Bond Washington Square today.

Top Notes: Italian bergamot, Geranium, Tarragon.
    Middle Notes: Purple rose, Honey.
    Base Notes: Vintage amber, Leather accord, Vetiver, Musk.

So far, this is a very rose prominent scent, a little green at first. An hour or so later, I have started to smell a slight honey note.

Lean in closer, dear
    Blog Entries

Hello, beautiful people. How disappointing to read yesterday that about one in five here seems to have had to deal with credit card fraud.
    Today, I hope your emotional and anatomical hearts are as fine as domperrier's when the mail arrived with two bottles of Mitsouko.
    Get on the mend, kewart and Lessee.
    A second day in 24, Faubourg. Other than Boucheron, I don't think anything's so fulfilling.
    In a world where 6 million people are added each month, every landscape matters.

AM: Artemisia by Penhaligon's
    PM: AVA LUXE - Gardenia Musk

Hello everyone! I'm still in a violet mood. SotD is Keiko Mecheri's Genie des Bois, a spicy-sweet woody violet that works better for me than SL Bois de Violette or SSS Wood Violet. As many of you have said before me, violet is tricky!

Wearing my daughter's Incanto Dream by Ferragamo, similar to Sexy Graffiti. Horrible weather today, nothing else will do.

I love Genie des Bois! Violet is very tricky and good ones are hard to find! I also like Paris, Violette Precieuse (has this been reformulated or just repackaged with the price jacked way up?!) and Aimez Moi.

Grabbed Parure walking out the door.

Hubby and I will be headed to Eureka Springs in the morning for a 3 day weekend. I'm soooo ready for Ozark fall scenery and huckleberry pie!!

Lovely and restful weekend to everyone
    Hearts starve as well as bodies; give us bread, but give us roses.
    ~~James Oppenheimer~~

Back to Beige...joining mikeperez23 at Chez Chanel. Mike - you smell wonderful!
    "You can't change the past, but you can ruin the present by worrying about the future."

"Three essentials for a good life: Someone to love, somewhere to go, and something to look forward to."

Good morning all! I am wearing the scrumptuous, divine, breath-taking, marvelous, and yes... sexy Tom Ford Moss Breches!! I think I am in love (again).

I'm in Chanel, too - Coco edp. Why don't I have a bottle of this? Soon to be remedied...

Good afternoon All! I've been under the icepack yesterday and today .I must have moved wrong somehow .My left knee is kind of rubbery feeling with ocasional sharpish twinges.Hopefully ice and Aleve and staying off of it as much as possible will do the trick.
    Sotd I think I will do L by lolita lempicka.

In Mitsouko edt
    Just got our first snow for this season here, so Ill have to bring out my wintershoes and warm scents...

Blog Entries

I'm wearing Essentially Me Classique today and enjoying its old fashioned, powdery rose.

edt: After 45 minutes, woods came in, and I'm liking the scent better than either Profiumo.it Rose des Bois or Rosine Rose Kashmirie, both of which bear a resemblance.
    Last edited by 30 Roses; 21st October 2010 at 08:26 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by carolina girl View Post
    Still enjoying Nu edp by YSL, purchased on recommendation of LeDuc himself. Thanks, Duc!
    Mademoiselle, I'm so glad that you're still loving this juice!

Quote Originally Posted by turquoisewater View Post
    I'm in Chanel, too - Coco edp.
    It's also my SotE today ... yay!

Allure Sensuelle Edp on the right wrist and the Edt on the left wrist. I really think both is quite unisex. But the Edt is slightly more wearable.

Hello cello - thank you! But good heavens, this is just for fun - I haven't been en pointe in twenty years! (Toe shoes are pretty hard and rigid anyway, which certainly helps if you're going to be on your toes.) But yesterday was ballet and today was Dance Fitness, a fusion of modern dance, jazz and Pilates with some resistance and stretching....I think of it as yogaerobics!

I'm heading off to the Farmer's Market now in Balenciaga's Quadrille. Enjoy your afternoon everyone!

Science is not only compatible with spirituality, it is a profound source of spirituality. When we recognize our place in an immensity of light-years and in the passage of ages, when we grasp the intricacy, beauty, and subtlety of life, then that soaring feeling, that sense of elation and humility combined, is surely spiritual. ..Carl Sagan

Basenotes Plus

Greetings from seaside CA. Today at 10:21 am my workplace participated in the Great California Shakeout where one pretends there's an earthquake and sees if one still has the required agility to get under one's desk and hang on while you speculate what falling debris might conk one in the noggin. Then the event coordinator announces that once the earthquake is over, the possibility of Tsunami is great- watch out for that. We are also in the direct floodpath from a damn, which might break after the earthquake. Either way, that water is cold, baby! If I am silly enough to be working during this projected series of unfortunate events, at least I will smell fabulous.

Scent o' the disaster drill- Caron Montaigne EDP
    A Scent Rescuer
    Every great perfume deserves a good home

That's some extreme drilling in CA, knit_at_nite! Apart from once a month fire drill we do not have anything of the kind, my job is normally to grab a fire extinguisher and with a colleague to go and retrieve the sign "Fire" from a certain room which is different every time.

Opium is still going strong. Testing Essentially-Me Tangos and La Joupe on both arms. Not enjoying at all.

Prowl - Neil Morris

Notes: Black Pepper, Jasmine, Honeysuckle, Tuberose, Oakmoss, Patchouli, Amber, Civet

Oh ouchies, bookwyrmsmith... Icing a "rubbery feeling knee with occasional sharp twinges" sounds like a place I've been before and don't want to repeat anytime soon. (huggles)

I spent today in Mitsuoko whilst being very methodical in troubleshooting some odd problems we've been having when updating courses done in Articulate. Needed something beautiful to distract me ... scratch that... help me through the tedium.

With a li'l spritz of vintage Habit Rouge EDC late this afternoon ... which atop the Mitsuoko drydown works quite well, they dovetail into one another so nicely!
    Actias luna's fragrance reviews | Now blogging with AromiErotici, Carrie Meredith, Mimi Gardenia, Sugandaraja, Asha, bluesoul, shamu1, Redneck Perfumisto and Daly Beauty at Il Mondo di Odore
    Art: Actias luna's other hobby
    - along with some impromptu "performance writing" here on Basenotes!

Basenotes Plus

Hello everyone!

Another morning spent at the doctors, so no fragrance.
    Colette by Tocca for the afternoon and Ivoire by Balmain for the evening.
    Let us share each precious moment and enjoy the ones we love for each day is a new beginning and a blessing from above.

Lean in closer, dear
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by knit_at_nite View Post
    Greetings from seaside CA. Today at 10:21 am my workplace participated in the Great California Shakeout where one pretends there's an earthquake and sees if one still has the required agility to get under one's desk and hang on while you speculate what falling debris might conk one in the noggin. Then the event coordinator announces that once the earthquake is over, the possibility of Tsunami is great- watch out for that. We are also in the direct floodpath from a damn, which might break after the earthquake. Either way, that water is cold, baby! If I am silly enough to be working during this projected series of unfortunate events, at least I will smell fabulous.

Scent o' the disaster drill- Caron Montaigne EDP
    Good gracious! Awful things to contemplate.

After a day of many small irritations, I'm falling into the tender embrace of Guerlain With Love.
    In a world where 6 million people are added each month, every landscape matters.

G'day, ya'll...
    SOTMorning, Annayake pour Elle, afternoon, a complete change of pace with Guerlain Oriental Brulant.
    Hope those of you under the weather feel better soon! And here's to fragrant tsunami drills!

Quote Originally Posted by Le Grand Duc View Post
    Mademoiselle, I'm so glad that you're still loving this juice!

It's also my SotE today ... yay!

The world has kicked my a** today so only my precious Coco will do
    Happiness is a summer breeze, sand between your toes, and your family by your side.

Quote Originally Posted by shoegal68 View Post
    The world has kicked my a** today so only my precious Coco will do
    I'm sorry to hear that, honey,
    good thing we have Coco..!

Quote Originally Posted by Le Grand Duc View Post
    I'm sorry to hear that, honey,
    good thing we have Coco..!
    Thanks

Central Park by Bond No.9
    Gary