Code of Conduct
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Default Re: What fragrance do you use the most sprays of when your applying, and how many sprays?

Quote Originally Posted by Crusher_ View Post
    Its bad enough that im cant bring myself to buy it again even though its by far my favorite cologne.

Whats the point of having a nice scent on if no one can smell it? Its like having a nice shirt and never taking your jacket off, ever
    LOL yeah I agree. Which is why I don't know why these guys see it necessary to spray 25 sprays of cologne. The reason why I buy cologne over deodorant body spray is because it is supposed to last and project. A cologne which does not last or project is not worth buying IMO. Especially some of the more expensive variety eg: Someone said their GIT is gone after 3 hours. WTF??! All that money and it's gone after 3 hours! So stupid, might as well just buy a body spray then and spray on your clothes - In the past I've had way more than 3 hours longevity and projection with a deo spray. Longevity and projection are the key factors for when reviewing colognes before buying. I'd rather spend more money and something which I know is gonna be around for 8+ hours than spend a bit less on something which is only gonna last an hour or 2. Really don't get why 25 sprays of something as expensive as Creed is necessary - but if you have money to waste then why not hey

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Crusher_ View Post
    Its bad enough that im cant bring myself to buy it again even though its by far my favorite cologne.

Whats the point of having a nice scent on if no one can smell it? Its like having a nice shirt and never taking your jacket off, ever
    LOL yeah I agree. Which is why I don't know why these guys see it necessary to spray 25 sprays of cologne. The reason why I buy cologne over deodorant body spray is because it is supposed to last and project. A cologne which does not last or project is not worth buying IMO. Especially some of the more expensive variety eg: Someone said their GIT is gone after 3 hours. WTF??! All that money and it's gone after 3 hours! So stupid, might as well just buy a body spray then and spray on your clothes - In the past I've had way more than 3 hours longevity and projection with a deo spray. Longevity and projection are the key factors for when reviewing colognes before buying. I'd rather spend more money and something which I know is gonna be around for 8+ hours than spend a bit less on something which is only gonna last an hour or 2. Really don't get why 25 sprays of something as expensive as Creed is necessary - but if you have money to waste then why not hey

Default Re: What fragrance do you use the most sprays of when your applying, and how many sprays?

5 sprays is the absolute maximum for me with any fragrance. Having gone through the mid to late 80s when almost everybody wore way too many sprays of the 70s and 80s powerhouses, I don't ever want to be "that guy".
    Current Favorites:
    1. Le 3me Homme - Caron
    2. Yatagan - Caron
    3. Van Cleef & Arples Pour Homme
    4. Dolce & Gabbana pour Homme
    5. Kouros - YSL
    6. L'Anarchiste - Caron
    7. Xeryus - Givenchy
    8. V.I.P. Special Reserve - Giorgio Beverly Hills
    9. The Dreamer - Versace
    10. Nobile - Gucci

I'm with DULLAH on the hermes colognes. I've used the three of them for a few years now, and you positively need 20+ sprays just to get any mileage on them beyond the first hour. I began to use 20 or so of pamplemousse rose, and now, 2 hours later, i can actually smell it. Same for orange verte, which is practically a shower (and quite refreshing in 100-degree-plus weather, too)

In the "medium" range, I use 8-10 sprays of Guerlain's LIDGPH, GPHII, La Nuit, etc. Apply with a heavy hand if going out for the evening and all that.

On the low side, I never use more than 3 sprays of M7, Encre Noire, New Haarlem, Tobacco Vanille, GPHI, TdH etc, because I know I don't need to.

And really, when the cologne (EdC) is cheap, throw caution to the wind and pich-pich-pich away! :P

Depends 100% on the frag itself.

With really pale transparent ones like Artek Standard or Dior Homme COLOGNE, 6 or 7 is not out of line.
    OTOH, with something like Knize Ten, more than 2 is pushing the boundaries of politeness.

Quote Originally Posted by Desmond Hume View Post
    I agree with people like fugazi, SculptureOfSoul and remixx. 5 for me is max. More than 10 is just wrong, you'll scare people away.
    Totally agree. For me 3-4 sprays is max with no matter what fragrance. If i wear something potent 1 spray might be enough. And yes, body chemistry may affect to certain fragrance's projection and longevity but still, over 10 sprays is ALWAYS way too much imho. Even though some say they get a lot of compliments with their fragrances that they spray over 10 sprays there are always more ppl thinking you stink rather than smell great. If your scent is overpowering it will get attention and some say you smell good just because they smell you so clearly. I prefer applying lightly and waiting for ppl to get close to me before complimenting my scent. But that's just me.