Code of Conduct

Default Miniature Fragrances

Greetings Everyone

Does anyone have experience with miniature bottles of fragrance? Is there a greater likelihood that the fragrance is of lesser quality than frags in regular sized bottles? Thanks.
    +"Do you spray below the waist?"
    +"Success is not the key to happiness. Happiness is the key to success. If you love what you are doing,
    you will be successful." - Albert Schweitzer
    +"All blame is a waste of time. No matter how much fault you find with another, and regardless of how much you blame him, it will not change you." - Dr. W. Dyer

Default Re: Miniature Fragrances

I have heard that minis are more likely to spoil, but I have personally never had a problem...

Hi!
    Nice topic!It happens quite the opposite :miniatures have great staying power and aroma ,much better quality than regular bottles!
    I like collecting miniatures ;that's how i started my perfume collection!My miniatures are over 150 right now and most of them i have in regular bottles ,too!The miniatures are amazing!Many of them are in sprays edition and others in splash...
    When i compare the mini to regular i always find the mini in better quality!
    Some minis i have for over a decade and are still perfect!One of my first is Dior's Dolce vita...smells wonderfully
    LOVE IS BEST
    My sale thread :http://www.basenotes.net/search.php?searchid=2281122
    "There are people of spirit and there are people of passion but much less common that one might think. Rarer still are the people of passion and spirit. But rarest of all is a passionate spirit."
    -- Martin Buber

I buy minis all the time. I usually try to transfer them into spray atomizers, since minis usually don't come with sprayers.

Why would the juice in a mini be any different than the juice in any other size? I could see them spoiling faster if you don't use them soon enough since they are a splash and open to oxygen. But I do think they are the cutest little bottles.. like a mini me for the normal sized one.
    ***My SALE thread***My TRADE thread***
    Frag addicted? Join the support group We are too but dam we smell good!

The perfume concentration must be higher in minis because the perfume is stronger and lasts longer!
    It's very simple to make a test!
    LOVE IS BEST
    My sale thread :http://www.basenotes.net/search.php?searchid=2281122
    "There are people of spirit and there are people of passion but much less common that one might think. Rarer still are the people of passion and spirit. But rarest of all is a passionate spirit."
    -- Martin Buber

Quote Originally Posted by BradW View Post
    I buy minis all the time. I usually try to transfer them into spray atomizers, since minis usually don't come with sprayers.
    Hey D!

Iīve also bought quite a few in the past year or so and I also "transfer" them, just like BradW. Very helpful, thatīs how I got to love Habit Rouge for example, and you can pick them up cheap on Ebay, even rare frags/ discontinued stuff.

I donīt know, if the juice is better, but you might get some minis, where the topnotes arenīt intact anymore.

Till later then!

Quote Originally Posted by dannyboy View Post
    Hey D!

Iīve also bought quite a few in the past year or so and I also "transfer" them, just like BradW. Very helpful, thatīs how I got to love Habit Rouge for example, and you can pick them up cheap on Ebay, even rare frags/ discontinued stuff.

I donīt know, if the juice is better, but you might get some minis, where the topnotes arenīt intact anymore.

Till later then!
    Exactly, I was concerned about the top notes.
    +"Do you spray below the waist?"
    +"Success is not the key to happiness. Happiness is the key to success. If you love what you are doing,
    you will be successful." - Albert Schweitzer
    +"All blame is a waste of time. No matter how much fault you find with another, and regardless of how much you blame him, it will not change you." - Dr. W. Dyer

My experience has been that the minis seem qualitatively better. It may have more to do with "dabbing" works better on my skin than spraying. Great for travel too. They are also "official" as opposed to decants. I like the minis.

Frag Bomb Squadron XVII

Never had a problem with minis. It's a great way to sample imo. And you get to keep cute miniature bottles. It's about time someone start a thread on miniature wardrobe pictures.

I buy a lot of minis -- it's a great way to try something, and the bottles are darling. The only drawback IMO is that they're usually splashes. Also, some are designed with such tiny necks that the fragrance won't come out!

I have never had one go off, and some of mine are quite old.
    This scent is great, but ... MORE KITTENS!

I wonder if any comparison could be made with mini- bottles of wine. These tend to age faster than regular size bottles...

I don't think there's any difference.

I'm just starting to get into miniatures.
    Only risk I'm taking is the fact that some MIGHT not be genuine?

But that risk could be with any size, so I would say don't let that consume you.

If you own a miniature, in your wardrobe would you put it under 'I own' or 'I own a sample'?

I don't see minis often. Where do you get most of yours?
    My Favorites
    1a. Slumberhouse Zahd
    1. Amouage Epic man
    2. Dior Leather Oud
    3. Amouage Tribute Attar
    4. Le Labo Patchouli 24
    5. Amouage Opus VII
    6. Bond No.9 New York Oud
    7. Norma Kamali Incense

Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.

The IFRA can bite me!