Code of Conduct

Default How many frags are similar to Zino by Davidoff ?

Supposedly, Heritage was based upon Zino. However, the other day I wore Avon's Mesmerize for men, after not having worn it for a few months, and I realized for the first time that it was very similar to Zino. It's got some resinous incense instead of Zino's tobacco but otherwise they are just about identical. Moods Uomo is not quite as strong in the base and is more spicy, but it somewhat similar. How many of you would say Envy for Men is at least somewhat similar? Carven Homme is woodier and spicier, and I wouldn't really consider them all that similar. Which frags would you consider very similar?

Default Re: How many frags are similar to Zino by Davidoff ?

The ones in this "Zino" catagory for me are: PdN New York, Creed Bois du Portugal, Heritage. I wore them four days in a row a few weeks ago. I aws very suprised to find I liked Zino and NY best, followed by BDP with heritage a distant fourth.
    "Don’t try to be original. Be simple. Be good technically, and if there is something in you, it will come out. ” - Henri Matisse.

"Wear R de Capucci" - Hirch Duckfinder

reviews

Yes, I'm finding Zino better and better with each wearing, and though I liked Heritage on the first wearing, it was all downhill after that. I guess frags like Must Pour Homme Essence are the latest incarnations of this genre.

Zino is great. It REMINDS me of Amouage Silver Men. While Zino drydown is more floral, Silver is spicier.

Ungaro II shares some similarities as well, imo.
    ***For sale:

Iris Pallida 50ml

Ungaro I 75ml

and more!
    - http://www.basenotes.net/threads/301...n-Man-and-more

1920 Extreme - Bois 1920

Bois 1920 Extreme has many similarities to Zino, but lacks the intrigue of the Davidoff.

Quote Originally Posted by Bartlebooth View Post
    Bois 1920 Extreme has many similarities to Zino, but lacks the intrigue of the Davidoff.
    I was just offering up similar fragrances to Zino for the OP, not judging any of them. But since you started, everything mentioned here is better than Zino to me.

Jock....You beat me to the post by a few seconds on your original post. A coincidence we mentioned the same one..... It certainly has a lot of fans here, but I must admit I prefer the EDP Heritage to Zino.

Quote Originally Posted by Bartlebooth View Post
    Jock....You beat me to the post by a few seconds on your original post. A coincidence we mentioned the same one..... It certainly has a lot of fans here, but I must admit I prefer the EDP Heritage to Zino.
    Yep me too. I find I like the newer formulation of Heritage EDP better than the older formulation though. The older formulation had a bit too much 'animal butt' going on it for my likes in the top notes.
    I wore Zino alot in the 90's and enjoyed it back then, but when I tried it again a couple of years ago, it just didn't have the magic it had back then for me.

Armani Attitude

La Voile Rouge