Code of Conduct

Default Does Chanel Allure Homme Sport stand out ?

Would my wardrobe benefit from Chanel Allure Homme Sport?
    Is it different enough from the other fresh fragrances that I own?

It kind of scares me to buy another fresh fragrance...

So I wonder if this stands out from the fresh citrus fragrances in general, and the ones in my wardrobe.

Default Re: Does Chanel Allure Homme Sport stand out ?

I'm not sure I would call it fresh. It's kind of an adulterated lemon. But it gets a lot of great reviews on youtube.

Quote Originally Posted by Cerel9 View Post
    I'm not sure I would call it fresh. It's kind of an adulterated lemon. But it gets a lot of great reviews on youtube.
    Exactly, the youtube reviews are great.
    You're the first who calls it an adulterated lemon, sounds interesting.

Its really nice and works well in the heat. I get crazy longevity with it also. I will always have it in my wardrobe.

It smells good but in my opinion it isn't a scent that makes you say wow. Don't get me wrong it smells good but this is one I grab when I want to use something safe.

Quote Originally Posted by Jer350 View Post
    It smells good but in my opinion it isn't a scent that makes you say wow. Don't get me wrong it smells good but this is one I grab when I want to use something safe.
    This is my assessment as well. You won't wow people and you won't stand out, but you'll never have someone say you don't smell good or tell you to never wear it again. It smells of higher quality than other casual wear-type fragrances and it's good to have in your collection as it has very good longevity and if you're ever in a rush, it's one you can put on in any weather for any occasion and not think twice about.

Not really...I think it's a relatively "middle-of-the-road" fragrance. Not bad, but not great...just average. Pleasant enough, easily wearable, and versatile, but not a lot of "wow factor" going on for it to stand out at all.
    What I've been wearing far too much of lately:

-Amouage Lyric Man
    -Guerlain Gourmand Coquin
    -Creed Jardin d'Amalfi

It's a decent fragrance, but only you will know if it adds to what you already have.

It's one of the only fragrances I have sampled to date that actually gives me a headache. The top notes are just too much. Messes with my sinuses and I end up with a headache until the fragrance transitions past the mid-notes and settles into the base.

It's a swiss army knife and you already have L'homme.

Allure Sport is one of the most complemented frags. A Must have. Smells like Geir Ness with a orange note.

I don't know if it stands out, but I get more compliments on it than any other
    fragrance in my collection. Like others have said, it's a very "safe" scent,
    and a "swiss army knife" type of fragrance--one you pick when you don't
    know what else to go with. It works especially well in the heat.
    It has excellent sillage and longevity for me, and it's one I will try to never be without.

i think it does stand out, as the worst chanel cologne ever, being both intensely boring and plain awful.

It kind of scares me to buy another fresh fragrance...
    don't. there's absolutely nothing special about this one, despite it being a chanel.
    i would say, get something different (from what you have) instead.

Chanel Allure Homme Sport will get you compliments.
    It is unlike L'Eau D'Issey pour Homme, Chrome or Cool Water.
    It is not a basic citrus scent.
    It is creamy-fresh, not sharp-fresh.
    Chanel Allure Homme Sport is one of the best aquatic, citrus scents out there.

I tested this along with Dior Homme Sport. For me it was no contest and I bought a bottle of Chanel.

it'd contribute ur wardrobe IMO. but i recommend u to test it along with allure homme edition blanche, versace pour homme and bleu de chanel.
    Seasonal favorites :

Winter : The Dreamer & Burberry London & La Nuit de L'Homme
    Spring-Autumn : Aqua Fahrenheit & Bvlgari Pour Homme
    Summer : Bvlgari Extreme & Bvlgari Aqva & Bvlgari Aqva Marine
    All-Rounders : Terre D'Hermes & Bleu de Chanel

Indispensible : The Dreamer & Bvlgari Extreme & Bvlgari Pour Homme & Bvlgari Aqva

I love Allure Homme Sports, but it's the original Allure that stands out...
    You seem to have enough sports frags, so try the original. Great for the forthcoming seasons.

so if one does not have any sports frag (like me), would this be the recommended one then?

Quote Originally Posted by Livingdead View Post
    so if one does not have any sports frag (like me), would this be the recommended one then?
    I haven't tried all of the sports, but I can't imagine liking any other more than this one.

Quote Originally Posted by dmb6473 View Post
    I haven't tried all of the sports, but I can't imagine liking any other more than this one.
    sweet. might grab one soon then, was thinking between AHS or Bleu, but then I got gifted Bleu today...so that sorts of narrows it down a bit eh.

sweet. might grab one soon then, was thinking between AHS or Bleu, but then I got gifted Bleu today...so that sorts of narrows it down a bit eh.

I don't see them as similar, but definitely prefer AHS ahead of Bleu (which I was really disappointed with)

Quote Originally Posted by dmb6473 View Post
    I don't see them as similar, but definitely prefer AHS ahead of Bleu (which I was really disappointed with)
    I've sampled Bleu on a rather warm day. The scent is too heavy, thick and warm for our summer. I could see myself get really cranky wearing Bleu.

I don't remember whether it was Allure Homme Sport or Edition Blanche I sampled, but it was creamy in a nice way. Are they both creamy?

Quote Originally Posted by Sniffa View Post
    I've sampled Bleu on a rather warm day. The scent is too heavy, thick and warm for our summer. I could see myself get really cranky wearing Bleu.

I don't remember whether it was Allure Homme Sport or Edition Blanche I sampled, but it was creamy in a nice way. Are they both creamy?
    Blanche has a natural smelling creamy lemon. AHS has a very sharp citrus opening that some consider harsh. I wouldn't consider AHS creamy.

To me, citron with a touch of sweet hay. About 10% of my inventory get a 10/10 rating for my purposes... Allure Homme Sport Cologne is one. Works perfectly for me in outdoor heat.

For anyone that says it doesn't stand out must not live in proper weather or environment or given it enough wearings to really appreciate the fragrance. It is unique enough to be very easily identified, and does a summer the best among designers Ive tested, imo. I say that in that its fresh enough to be summer, yet bold and thick enough to be worn in any other type of non extreme weather, including winter. it cuts through thick humid weather with ease. The opening is very sparkling, has a soda/cocktail type of fuzzy effect, but has a nice white musk/cream effect to it with mild pepper. To me, I get a pina colada or tropical cocktail vibe from it. Its my longest lasting fragrance that can be considered a "signature" type scent. Only downside is that it is kind of sweet and peppery (like regular allure) and can be cloying so be careful how and where applied. This is a fragrance that has to be worn and not tested on a strip, I avoided it for so long when only smelling on paper, but when actually tested got the opportunity to test out a few samples, I noticed the quality behind the fragrance. In the end it uses the typical summer fragrance formula - citrus, mild spice, dry down to white musk - but does it very well in Chanel style and uses quality ingredients that last. Its not anything revolutionary, as are many Chanel fragrances, but its pleasant and done well.

I found Bleu to be fairly generic. Nice, but not distinctive enough to be an essential purchase.

I do get a creamy smell from AHS, but I haven't tried Edition Blanche.

Quote Originally Posted by silentrich View Post
    It's a swiss army knife and you already have L'homme.
    l'Homme is also a swiss army knife indeed.
    The thing is, I am seeing the real deal (no fake) online for a great price.
    And I am almost running out of Azzaro Chrome.
    I don't plan on buying another bottle of Chrome, and I have been wondering for a long time for a nice replacement. I was thinking about Bulgari Aqua but I think I should go with AHS.

Quote Originally Posted by Cylob View Post
    I love Allure Homme Sports, but it's the original Allure that stands out...
    You seem to have enough sports frags, so try the original. Great for the forthcoming seasons.
    Well I don't have any fragrances with the name sport, but I certainly have a fair amount of freshness.
    By the way, great to see someone from Holland, I'm from Belgium.

Chanel Allure Homme Sport is too generic smelling IMO

Different enough to stand out, so testing or even purchasing might be considered

the best in the class of ,,after gym" scents.
    It's recognizable, with huge sillage and persistence on the skin.
    Probably the most favorite mens scent in Lithuania
    "PLAIN LIVING, HIGH THINKING" O.W., De Profundis
    Real beauty: 1) Frederic Malle 1-20 2) Chanel Egoiste 3) YSL Opium pour Homme edp 4) TF Noir de Noir

Noses: 1) Jacques Cavallier 2) Maurice Roucel

Get dior homme sport instead (unless you already own it)

Quote Originally Posted by emes View Post
    Get dior homme sport instead (unless you already own it)
    I hate Dior Homme Sport immensely.

Quote Originally Posted by Suppressor View Post
    l'Homme is also a swiss army knife indeed.
    The thing is, I am seeing the real deal (no fake) online for a great price.
    And I am almost running out of Azzaro Chrome.
    I don't plan on buying another bottle of Chrome, and I have been wondering for a long time for a nice replacement. I was thinking about Bulgari Aqua but I think I should go with AHS.
    I would definitely buy AHS over both Aqua and Chrome as AHS is equally as versatile as both of those fragrances but AHS is more appropriate for evening wear/a night out whereas Aqua and Chrome might be a bit too casual to work in that environment (and I say this as a fan of both Aqua and Chrome). If those are the options, buying a bottle of AHS is a no brainer

Quote Originally Posted by Sidney_Falco View Post
    This is my assessment as well. You won't wow people and you won't stand out, but you'll never have someone say you don't smell good or tell you to never wear it again. It smells of higher quality than other casual wear-type fragrances and it's good to have in your collection as it has very good longevity and if you're ever in a rush, it's one you can put on in any weather for any occasion and not think twice about.
    +1. It's safe and it's my go-to gym scent. However that's about all I use it for because it is a tad common/boring. And to me it is definitely more "adulterated orange" than it is "adulterated lemon" (Edition Blanche).
    Current favorites_____Black Tourmaline_____Gucci Pour Homme II_____Memoir Man_____Tuscan Leather______Montale Aoud and Pine_____Sel Marin_____Invasion Barbare_____Tonka Imperial____Dior Homme Intense_____L'Humaniste____Santal 33_____Bois d'Argent_____Nio_____MFK Oud_____Lumiere Noire_____Bois d'Encens_____Cuir Ottoman

AHS is worth it

I've been wanting to get AHS for a while, though my GIT is running low. So guys, GIT or AHS for this Spring / Summer?

I've been wanting to get AHS for a while, though my GIT is running low. So guys, GIT or AHS for this Spring / Summer?
    Both are totally different and worth getting IMO. but then again depends on what you prefer more and on your budget as well lol. I've got them both

Both are totally different and worth getting IMO. but then again depends on what you prefer more and on your budget as well lol. I've got them both
    My GIT (lol) isn't so sparkly, it's more warm and soothing. Has anyone got GIT from FragranceNet lately and how's the batch they've got? Otherwise AHS, though the price isn't too much different.

My GIT (lol) isn't so sparkly, it's more warm and soothing. Has anyone got GIT from FragranceNet lately and how's the batch they've got? Otherwise AHS, though the price isn't too much different.
    Which is why it's different enough to warrant a purchase

imo if you can afford it, get both. Although both are very high quality, have solid longevity and can be used for most any occasion/weather, they smell nothing alike so it's not like you are buying two of the same fragrance. I think you'd get enough utility out of both to justify owning both, but if you can only have one I'd say maybe AHS as you've already gone through a bottle of GIT and the price of AHS is close to half that of GIT (although if you look around you can get GIT from a reputable dealer online for ~$130)

No way. Many scents are alike it. However, you probably will get compliments from the young croud.

Doesn't stand out to me. Doesn't make it bad though, but not bottle worthy for me.

Quote Originally Posted by gido View Post
    i think it does stand out, as the worst chanel cologne ever, being both intensely boring and plain awful.

don't. there's absolutely nothing special about this one, despite it being a chanel.
    i would say, get something different (from what you have) instead.
    Agree, + IMO smells like detergent