• Colonia (original)

41 32.80%
  • Intensa

25 20.00%
  • Assoluta

48 38.40%
  • Essenza

11 8.80%

Default what is the best Acqua di Parma?

i want to get my first one. wanted to know what the consensus is around here.

do you think AdP are quality frags? worth the price?

thanks

Default Re: what is the best Acqua di Parma?

For me it's Assoluta hands down.
    Current top 10 in no particular order : Malle - Carnal Flower (pre 2008) ; Montale - Black Aoud ; Bond #9 - Silver Factory ; Tauer - L'air du dÚsert marocain ; C&Z - No 88 ; Francis K. - APOM ; Creed - Aventus ; Amouage - Epic ; Profumum - Dulcis In Fundo ; Amouage - Opus V

Start with Colonia. It's been around since 1916 - proof that it's a great scent. So refined, so versatile, so perfect for any occasion. You won't ever regret having this in your collection. Bonus points for wearing it in chic resort settings, where it seems to be scent de rigueur. . . all for the better, IMO. . .

Intensa, for me.

Do the Blu Med. ones not count in this discussion? I liked Mirto the best of any I tried....from your list, I would go Colonia

Quote Originally Posted by Force of One View Post
    Do the Blu Med. ones not count in this discussion? I liked Mirto the best of any I tried....from your list, I would go Colonia
    yea i wanted to start with the basics and go into the blue meds a little later. thanks for your input tho

Assoluta all the way!

I am going to be the "Black" sheep (pun intended) and say Essenza.

All are nice implementations of the same theme. Very Euro and classically understated.

Assoluta is the one that takes me somewhere special.

Basenotes Plus

Intensa.

Colonia (original). A solid summer favourite of mine, and the dusky rose note in the drydown is something else.
    A couple of years back when I was exploring this house, I tested both the original and intensa versions at the same time (sprays on each hand). The latter completely overwhelmed the former, and I (mistakenly) thought the original was a lightweight. Luckily, I carried on testing the two separately, and found the original more to my liking. Longevity and projection are excellent. This scent make me want to don a white linen shirt, slick my hair, board my (imaginary) yacht and set sail for the Med.

Profumo.

I don't think there is a consensus. Opinion is probably fairly evenly divided among the various products.

I vote for the original Colonia.

Quote Originally Posted by gandhajala View Post
    Colonia (original). A solid summer favourite of mine, and the dusky rose note in the drydown is something else.
    A couple of years back when I was exploring this house, I tested both the original and intensa versions at the same time (sprays on each hand). The latter completely overwhelmed the former, and I (mistakenly) thought the original was a lightweight. Luckily, I carried on testing the two separately, and found the original more to my liking. Longevity and projection are excellent. This scent make me want to don a white linen shirt, slick my hair, board my (imaginary) yacht and set sail for the Med.
    +1

I've tried all 4 side by side, Colonia is still the one.
    My Wardrobe

Reviews: http://www.basenotes.net/reviews/30

Absinthe makes the heart grow fonder.

My Antaeus can beat up your Armani.

In my book Assoluta is soooo much better than all other together!
    decant sales:
    Crystal Flacon

I've spent quality time with all four and Colonia is still the only one for me.

Is it / has it been meddled with? I really hope LVMH bean counters or IFRA restrictions don't screw this one up - it would be a real loss if they mess with it. To be honest I think the flankers are pretty redundant - Assoluta is wearable I guess but it has lost the casual breeziness of the original IMO.

P.S. +1 Profumo
    Last edited by mr. reasonable; 5th September 2011 at 11:23 AM.

Colognia Original for me...is fresh citrus smelling and i like it most of the others!
    LOVE IS BEST
    My sale thread :http://www.basenotes.net/search.php?searchid=2281122
    "There are people of spirit and there are people of passion but much less common that one might think. Rarer still are the people of passion and spirit. But rarest of all is a passionate spirit."
    -- Martin Buber

I like Assoluta, the original Colonia is very nice, but does not work on my skin. I find assoluta a bit more round and with no "powdery" rose. I think the three former ones are on a league of their own as for their elegance and versatitlity, but I didn't make up my mind about Essenza yet...
    └ l'air libre les oiseaux ont eux aussi le vertige (camille)

Sur la Plage

Quote Originally Posted by JON RODGERS View Post
    Intensa.
    This.
    Please feel free to check out my Swap Thread - Patou pour Homme, L'Instant de Guerlain PH Extreme, Dior Homme Intense, Pure Malt, Pure Coffee and many more! Click Here For My Swap Thread

To me, both Cologna and Assoluta

Quote Originally Posted by Pimpinett View Post
    Profumo.
    isn't that a ladies perfume?

Intensa - Last much, much longer than the original and the dry down is a beautiful wood/leather/citrus combo that's great.

Quote Originally Posted by adonis View Post
    Intensa - Last much, much longer than the original and the dry down is a beautiful wood/leather/citrus combo that's great.
    Agree completely! Intensa here

I tried Essenza last week and do like it alot too
    "As you walk down the fairway of life you must smell the roses, for you only get to play one round."
    --Ben Hogan

by the way, can someone else try going to the Acqua di Parma corporate website and let me know if they are getting a malware security warning? I've tried it in both Safari and Chrome and get the same warning. Strange.

www.acquadiparma.com

thanks

Assoluta, though I really enjoy the original Colonia as well. Haven't tried the others yet.

Quote Originally Posted by fugazi View Post
    by the way, can someone else try going to the Acqua di Parma corporate website and let me know if they are getting a malware security warning? I've tried it in both Safari and Chrome and get the same warning. Strange.

www.acquadiparma.com

thanks
    Yes, I get a malware warning when using Chrome.

Dependent

Been wearing Colonia and Intensa quite regularly, and for now, I'm torn between those 2. Possibly Intensa with an edge over the regular, at this very moment. It really depends on my mood...

They're great fragrances - and definitely worth the price. You've got to try them first, however, to see which one you like the best. As many colleagues here have already said, start with Colonia. I wear both Colonia and Intensa - Intensa being quite different from the others.

Original Colonia.
    Here's to hoping they release another modern flanker not so full of synthetic vetiver like Essenza...focusing much more on the exact same citrus/verbena/rose/tonka used in the original.

i like the colonia in the edc form i think am i the only one who feels this way?

Quote Originally Posted by DavidBond007 View Post
    i like the colonia in the edc form i think am i the only one who feels this way?
    Isn't that the only concentration it is produced?

isn't that a ladies perfume?
    It's a soft and plush chypre which is marketed to women (mainly). If you happen to like chypres, you could do a lot worse than Profumo!

Assoluta for me.....I also Love Colonia.....I want to try Essenza!!!
    Gary

Quote Originally Posted by DavidBond007 View Post
    According the poll as of this moment you are one of eighteen who feel this way

Essenza is getting clobbered. It wasn't that bad...

Default what is the best Acqua di Parma?

My fav is Colonia Intensa of the regular line - all the good stuff from the original but a but creamier. Their blu line is pretty incredible too but I like too many if those to name one.
    I'm a colognosaurus. Rawr!

+1 for Essenza
    Quite like the soapiness from opening

I have recently switched to liking Intensa best.

Essenza--seems to have superior longevity for me too

I've tried all four, own Assoluta and Intensa and like Essenza.

I don't dislike the original Colonia but if I am going to go for a very fresh citrus, I'll wear Trumpers GFT which I think it one of the best of the genre.
    In a world where people smell bad, it is the personal responsibility of every Basenoter to improve the world one SotD at a time...

I own and prefer wearing Intensa, but do think that the original Colonia is actually the better scent. Come to think of it, I need to retest it - I may prefer it to Intensa now, given how my tastes have changed.
    ***For sale:

Iris Pallida 50ml

Ungaro I 75ml

and more!
    - http://www.basenotes.net/threads/301...n-Man-and-more

OKay so my sample decants of these came today from Perfumed Court (except Essenza, which isn't available yet). First impressions:

Colonia (original): the finest lemon top note I've ever smelled. settles into a soft and beautiful balance of florals and citrus. wow, what a winner. pure Italy.

Assoluta: I was expecting a lot from this after it's top finish in the poll. but I wasn't terribly impressed. It smells a lot like CREED's Aubepine Acacia to me, with a good dose of lavender on top. Clean smelling and neutral.

Intensa: aside from the fact that I'm still questioning if PerfumedCourt accidentally decanted Rose 31 instead of Intensa, I like it. But I swear this smells almost identical to Rose 31 to me. That dirty, spicy rose vibe. I find this to be a little more well rounded, however.

Intensa: aside from the fact that I'm still questioning if PerfumedCourt accidentally decanted Rose 31 instead of Intensa, I like it. But I swear this smells almost identical to Rose 31 to me. That dirty, spicy rose vibe. I find this to be a little more well rounded, however.
    I get what you mean. They're fragrance cousins.

Cousins Czar Nicholas of Russia and King George V of England

Colonia (original): the finest lemon top note I've ever smelled. settles into a soft and beautiful balance of florals and citrus. wow, what a winner. pure Italy
    uuggghhhh... update, 3 hours later... this thing dries down to a baby powdery feminine mess. that sucks cuz it starts out so good.

Colonia to many is the benchmark eau de cologne though it is of the more floral and sweeter type. I suspect it no longer uses all natural ingredients though. It is simply citrus (lemon), flowers (verbena, rose, ylang), and musk. It could probably do without the ylang though.

I have owned both Colonia (Original) and Intensa and just purchased Essenza; so far, I would say Intensa but that might change shortly when I try out the Essenza sample I just received today. So I might be changing my post/response here on the fact of trying out the Essenza sample. I hope this helps some?...

I wore Essenza for Thanksgiving today and it smells refined and classy...like all the other Acqua di Parma fragrances.

Personally my two favorites are:

1. Intensa

2. Essenza
    Last edited by fragranceluvr; 26th November 2010 at 02:07 AM. Reason: update to question of which is the best Acqua di Parma

At the moment: Intensa. I`ve order Assoluta today (blind), and I`m very excited!

I voted for Assoluta

My favorite is Essenza. Longevity and sillage are very weak, however.

I've tried Colonia and Essenza. I prefer the Essenza, really classy and longevity is pretty good on me.

I'm an Assoluta man.

intensa

Discover my Guest Reviewer Of The Day here

I really prefer the Assoluta compared to the others

thanks
    Personally for me - no.

I liked colonia better than assoluta but I've yet to try Intensa
    Is the juice worth the squeeze?

Colonia and Intensa for me..

Sound Scents

Absolutely *love* the Colonia scent and like Assoluta. Colonia is easily my favorite though.

I tried three scents from AdP and one stood out - something that smelled very powdery (I like powder/dust ). Which one could this be?