Code of Conduct

Default (diptyque) feu de bois.. wood fire.. fire on wood.. cold or hot.. whichever clicks

any recommendations or favorite perfumes on this theme?? i've smelled the diptyque candle bearing this name, though the room spray is not available at our shops here so havent tried that..

simply saying, if i were standing just outside a provincial cabin, on a still slightly foggy morning, with smell of chopped woods burning somewhere not far, and the sun not yet fully out.. what perfume could i be looking at??

cheers!!
    -c
    “Happiness is a perfume you cannot pour on others without getting a few drops on yourself” ~ Ralph Waldo Emerson

Sur la Plage

Default Re: (diptyque) feu de bois.. wood fire.. fire on wood.. cold or hot.. whichever clicks

Diptyque Essence of John Galliano
    Please feel free to check out my Swap Thread - Patou pour Homme, L'Instant de Guerlain PH Extreme, Dior Homme Intense, Pure Malt, Pure Coffee and many more! Click Here For My Swap Thread

Default Re: (diptyque) feu de bois.. wood fire.. fire on wood.. cold or hot.. whichever clicks

Quote Originally Posted by petruccijc View Post
    Diptyque Essence of John Galliano

ahh.. this one i have, and i love.. it is quite reminiscent i agree.. thanks!!
    “Happiness is a perfume you cannot pour on others without getting a few drops on yourself” ~ Ralph Waldo Emerson

Basenotes Institution

Burning Leaves by CB I Hate Perfume

Yes, god yes! I've been saying this for months. I really wish it came in a personal fragrance.

I've heard good things about Burning Leaves.

Perhaps CDG Wonderwood? or one of the incense series?
    Tom Ford Splits!!!!
    Tobacco Vanille, Tuscan Leather, Noir de Noir, Oud Wood
    Plum Japonais,
    Lavender Palm, Tobacco Oud, Café Rose, etc...

Most of the time I am very proud of the Basenotes community. Time after time I have witnessed the thoughtfulness, empathy & genuine friendship that members of this community extend to others - oldtimers & newcomers alike. There are other times, however, when egos get the upper hand and civility goes out the window. My philosophy is that I won't say anything here that I would not say if you were standing in front of me. Welcome to Basenotes, each and every one of us. ~ TwoRoads

Sonoma Scent Studio - Fireside Intense
    Spray it, don’t say it…
    WARDROBE

Les Nez Let Me Play the Lion.
    ***For sale:

Iris Pallida 50ml

Ungaro I 75ml

and more!
    - http://www.basenotes.net/threads/301...n-Man-and-more

Quote Originally Posted by Master-Classter View Post
    Yes, god yes! I've been saying this for months. I really wish it came in a personal fragrance.

I've heard good things about Burning Leaves.

Perhaps CDG Wonderwood? or one of the incense series?
    oh yes pleese indeed
    but considering the general feel of the newer fragrances they have released, i think one can only dream.. for now..

will revisit wonderwood, thanks.. and i do have kyoto.. was wishing it would have a bit more sillage though, just a bit more but i love it

Annick Goutal Encens Flamboyant.

Burning Leaves does come as a personal fragrance.
    I don't know much about medicine, but I know what I like. -- S.J. Perelman

Quote Originally Posted by cmk20 View Post
    oh yes pleese indeed
    but considering the general feel of the newer fragrances they have released, i think one can only dream.. for now..

will revisit wonderwood, thanks.. and i do have kyoto.. was wishing it would have a bit more sillage though, just a bit more but i love it
    my mistake.. i havent smelled wonderwood yet since it's not yet available in the shops here i think, so will have to wait for that.. (i was initially thinking the '-wood' scents of Dsquared..)

Quote Originally Posted by Furriner View Post
    Annick Goutal Encens Flamboyant.

Burning Leaves does come as a personal fragrance.
    ah.. sorry about my vague comment.. was pertaining to the diptyque feu de bois which only comes in candle and i think room spray (which i assume was what Master-Classter was referring to as well :P )

Burning Leaves sounds promising.. will explore this, thanks!!

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by PaulSC View Post
    Sonoma Scent Studio - Fireside Intense
    This one - it's actually almost the same as a Feu de Bois candle...
    Has everyone checked out my Top 100 Blog??