Code of Conduct

Default anyone live in South Florida???

the flea market on Sample rd. in Pompano Beach has a cologne counter that is very cheap, I bought 2 bottles of creed Imperial and royal water both for 100 dollars in the box (complete) I didnt look at other brands but if Creed was that price Im sure others were just as good if not better

Default Re: anyone live in South Florida???

[Hiya, Hotthead,
    I realize moving your thread here is a very truly awkward way to say welcome to the forum, but I have to do it and I certainly mean you no offense. Since the topic is shopping and a place to shop and your experience there, it belongs more to this forum than the main Men's Fragrance Discussion board. That's the theory at least, and that's why I moved it.

Sorry for all awkwardness, and I hope you keep enjoying the forum despite this.
    Best,
    --Chris]...
    That girl, that bottle, that mattress and me.

Oh cool.. I might have to come down there. I've always wanted to drive down to ogle at all the luxe car dealers, etc there but might just have to with the allure of cheap juice What's the actual location?
    I'm a colognosaurus. Rawr!

Is this an open-air or outdoor flea-market? There's no way I'd buy any kind of fragrance from a non-environmentally-controlled shop in south Florida - especially a Creed.

MadScientist this is an indoor flea market, air conditioned and very close to the Turnpike, on Sample Road. The whole complex is called Festival Flea Market

Depending on which one you're talking about, it's probably the same folks who run the Scentiments.com online shop. They've got two coutners set up there - but there are other fragrance vendors in the same "mall" Was it near the pizza place? If so, that's the scentiments one I normally hit... But if you're headed down this way Robbie, I'd actually suggest you stop off at the Lake Worth Road exit of the Turnpike and head east about 5 minutes to the intersection of Jog Rd and Lake Worth Rd. That's where you'll find Common Scents, which is the other "outpost" of the Scentiments folks, and they have AWESOME selection, friendly sales people and terrific prices.I've had way better luck with that shop - not to mention that they're about 10 minutes from my house

i think there's references to both of these in the South Florida shopping thread already with phone numbers and addresses, but if you need any info, just yell and I'll help get info to you.
    --------------------------------------
    the South Florida thread is here:
    http://community.basenotes.net/showthread.php?t=177446

Also, welcome hotthead
    Last edited by rentboy; 12th October 2007 at 09:53 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Quote Originally Posted by rentboy View Post
    MadScientist this is an indoor flea market, air conditioned and very close to the Turnpike, on Sample Road. The whole complex is called Festival Flea Market
    I'm familiar with the area but I've never actually been to the Festival Flea Market. I checked Google maps but couldn't tell from the overhead shot whether it was indoor or out. Anyway....carry-on then.

I'm from down in that area but I have since moved to Daytona. I do go back though during breaks from college, I'll have to go check it out now. I do hate visiting down there because that city is so screwed up compared to it up here.

Quote Originally Posted by hotthead View Post
    the flea market on Sample rd. in Pompano Beach has a cologne counter that is very cheap, I bought 2 bottles of creed Imperial and royal water both for 100 dollars in the box (complete) I didnt look at other brands but if Creed was that price Im sure others were just as good if not better
    I actually just bought Dior Fahrenheit Absolute there. It was the only place I could find it. But it was kind of shady... called Perfume Connection, and it was not in original box. But it's the only place I could find FA down here! Sadly, I can't tell if this has been watered down, because I have nothing to compare it to. I do like it though... just wish I knew if it was authentic!

Basenotes Plus

Now that Scentiments is no longer there, be very careful at the Festival. I uncovered some bogus Angel there last year.