Code of Conduct

Default Pre-1950 : What are some fragrances worth checking out and can still be bought today ?

Hi guys & gals.

I have sampled Knize Ten, Molinard Habanita and a couple of other fragrances that were released before 1950. I have been thinking about looking into more fragrances from the past. Specifically, ones released before 1950. Also, masculines or unisex prefered. But that is up to you.

So, Habanita was more or less easy to find. And was worth checking out for me despite being a bit on the powdery side. What else is out there ?

What fragrances released before 1950 can be bought today ( at a reasonable rate) and are worth looking into ? They don't have to be complex or "amazing". Just nice will do.

Thanks, I look forward to some responses. Also, please add a couple of lines on why you like the particular fragrance.
    Last edited by Surfacing; 23rd October 2010 at 04:33 AM.
    Seeking: Bottles/decants : of Feeling Man, Gucci pour Homme, Essence of John Galliano, Nicole Miller (vintage), Opium pour Homme, Oxford & Cambridge...etc.

Seeking decant/sample of Jil Sander Feeling Man, Cacharel Nemo, Bijan for Men EDC, Lanvin for Men, Giorgio VIP, Il Lancetti and other old school frags ....etc. I have samples to swap.

More HERE
    Please PM me !

Default Re: Pre-1950 : What are some fragrances worth checking out and can still be bought today ?

Jicky, and Mouchoir de Monsieur, both by Guerlain

A number of the Geo F Trumper's - I especially like Astor.

Dunhill for Men

A number of the Creeds, and Penhaligons also pre-date 1950.

Acqua di Parma Colonia

Why do I like them ? - they're just great fragrances.

Default Re: Pre-1950 : What are some fragrances worth checking out and can still be bought today ?

Agua Lavanda (1940)

Bandit (1944)

Caron Pour Un Homme (1934)

A number of great fragrance predate 1950 (though a couple I'll list are from the 50s).

Roger & Gallet Extra Vieille (1806)
    Guerlain Imperiale (1853)
    Guerlain Eau du Coq (1894)
    Floris no 89. (1950)
    Chanel pour Monsieur (1955)

Shalimar
    Mitsouko
    Vol De Nuit
    Caron Pour un Homme

Green Water by Jacques Fath (1947)
    Moustache by Rochas (1949)