Code of Conduct

Question Paco Rabanne - Black XS sexy??

Hi all!

Well, I was looking for a new fragrance, something sensual/sexy and I see all over the web (and even people tell me this) that Black XS from paco rabanne is "so sexy" and that the girls really LOVE this smell. Well, I smelled it and... huh!?! Strawberry/cherry pie! How this could be "sexy"? I mean, how it is supopsed to be sexy for a man to smell like cherry pie? lol

So, I am wondering, what are you thinking about black XS? How is this so sexy?!

Default Re: Paco Rabanne - Black XS sexy??

it smells fine for a while but a fecal note comes in on the drydown that i hate.

Strawberry is the feeling it gives off but it's the combination of lemon, sage and praline that give that off. Once I distinguished that I don't really get strawberry anymore and I can see how it's sexy. It's a sweet woody fresh scent with excellent projection and longevity and quite similar to Light Blue for women which girls tend to like.
    Imagine there were no hypothetical situations.

SALES THREAD
    Pomegranate Noir 100 ml, 95% full no box - $90

Contact through PM

Black XS is not sexy at all. For me it just smells like a synthetic strawberry jam. Overly sweet and artificial. My wife hated this fragrance and asked me if it was really made for men.

it smells like strawberry jelly. nothing sexy about it.
    Bottles for Swap:

Givenchy Pour Homme 1.7oz(97% full)
    CK Obsession Night 1.7oz(97% full)
    Cerruti 1881 1.7oz(50% full)
    Un Jardin Sur De Nil(95% full)

Looking for:

Chanel Allure Sport
    Chanel Allure Edition Blanche
    Polo Blue
    Fahrenheit Absolute
    Dolce and Gabbana The One

I don't really see it as a sexy fragrance, but the girl at the counter of my local shop said she loved smelling it on her husband. It gives me a headache and nauseates me.

allright lol

And do you guys have any ideas of a real good sexy/sensual fragrance for men?

Quote Originally Posted by coolboy153 View Post
    allright lol

Give Body Kouros a try.

allright lol

A*Men or The Dreamer

Fahrenheit or Dolce & Gabbana Pour Homme

fountain

Quote Originally Posted by Armor King View Post
    it smells like strawberry jelly. nothing sexy about it.
    exactly

Basenotes Plus

Insufferably vile IMO.

damn i just ordered this too, 20% off and free ship though

Blog Entries

Damn right it's sexy!! Maybe that's because a red-hot ex of mine used to wear it though lol. l honestly don't smell strawberry in this, it's the praline/patchouli combo that gets me. One of my all time favourite male fragrances.

Fahrenheit is also a good one!
    "What is this secret connection between the soul, and sea, clouds and perfumes? The soul itself appears to be sea, cloud and perfume..." - from Zorba the Greek by Nikos Kazantzakis.

This is my most complimented fragrance i have by a long shot and i have the ever complimented JPG le male and 1 million in my collection too

It could be considered sexy but it's atrocious to me. So sweet, too sweet. I do think that chicks dig it generally.

Well I think that perhaps is difficult for us to recognize that a sweet fragrance with a raspberry smell can be sexy, but it is so. I think that in the skin of a man changes and becomes a less candy smell.

Is this sweet like puremalt sweet?

Quote Originally Posted by teardrop View Post
    Damn right it's sexy!! Maybe that's because a red-hot ex of mine used to wear it though lol. l honestly don't smell strawberry in this, it's the praline/patchouli combo that gets me. One of my all time favourite male fragrances.

Fahrenheit is also a good one!
    Hot men and women can make almost anything hot and sexy, point taken lol

Quote Originally Posted by b0n3z View Post
    Give Body Kouros a try.
    OUCH! I just smelled this one! Its horrible lol there is nothing in it that I can say "hmmm what a good smell I want to smell it again". Its so strong and weird... erk lol Not my type lol

I also don't imagine a girl in a romantic date to smell this all night long lollll

sexy isn't what came to mind when I smelled this one. I just get a strawberry thing and that's about it. I'd rather wear A*men.

"sexy" is totally relative. I like orientals and gourmands, I find them warm and inviting, so I'd more likely suggest that.
    NEW SPLITS - By Kilian A Taste of Heaven and Beyond Love (full 50ml bottles). .

Most of the time I am very proud of the Basenotes community. Time after time I have witnessed the thoughtfulness, empathy & genuine friendship that members of this community extend to others - oldtimers & newcomers alike. There are other times, however, when egos get the upper hand and civility goes out the window. My philosophy is that I won't say anything here that I would not say if you were standing in front of me. Welcome to Basenotes, each and every one of us. ~ TwoRoads

One of the few designers scents that i love ...... and my gf is a big fan too.
    Great sillage, longevity and not too expensive.
    Its definately not an elegant fragrance and i wouldn't wear it to the theatre or a restaurant but its great for an informal night out at a bar or club.
    As for sexy? I think it is sexy in a fun way rather than a seductive way.

For fans of gourmand this one might be, if not sexy, still very appealing and even slightly comforting

However, if one is less or not at all into marzipan, toffee, cocoa or several other "edible" notes, it might not be the most attractive scent

Well, what im looking for in a sexy/sensual fragrance is the ones that can fit very well for romantic date, you know, the "italian-lover-boy" style, or a big dinner with candles, and a sexy night.... Hmm, hard to explain what im searching for lol so whats your suggestions?

OUCH! I just smelled this one! Its horrible lol there is nothing in it that I can say "hmmm what a good smell I want to smell it again". Its so strong and weird... erk lol Not my type lol

I also don't imagine a girl in a romantic date to smell this all night long lollll
    Sorry you didn't like it. But I think you are making a terrible mistake. Haha. In this case you are trying impress a ladies nose -- correct? Not your own.

Quote Originally Posted by b0n3z View Post
    Sorry you didn't like it. But I think you are making a terrible mistake. Haha. In this case you are trying impress a ladies nose -- correct? Not your own.
    Well, i like when a girl besids me smell good so i also want that the girl beside me like my perfume lol. I remember last month in a nightclub, there was a boy dancing very close to the girls (and trying maybe to get laid haha) and his perfume was horrible. The girls was like "uhh wtf is this" lol so for me its important to please the girls noze when im with them. But i dont imagine me being real close to them for many hours with the big horrible body kouros smell lol

Sure, if you want it to be.

Sur la Plage

It's very sexy. I find it to be a real boxer dropper.
    Please feel free to check out my Swap Thread - Patou pour Homme, L'Instant de Guerlain PH Extreme, Dior Homme Intense, Pure Malt, Pure Coffee and many more! Click Here For My Swap Thread

I don't get the strawberry jelly thing at all...more like strawberry jam

I've only smelled it and it does smell nice in my opinion. My girlfriend loves strawberries so i'm considering getting it. I can sort of see how girls see it as sexy, but i dunno i feel as long as the woods in the back along with patchouli works with it it can smell really attractive from preventing it from becoming uber "feminine" . hows the projections on this frag?

I purposely passed up 3 or 4 opportunities to sample this one. I hated Fuel for Life because of its synthetic raspberry note, and the thought of a synthetic strawberry note makes me equally disgusted.

synthetic strawBerry for me its not a Bad thing
    have you ever put your nose close to a recipient with strawBerries inside a refrigerator ?
    i did i didn't like it at all, its too penetrating, cloying and nauseating to me, eww
    so if a niche fragrance with real strawBerry note is released
    i would totally stay away from it

i love how a*men pure malt and Black XS smell
    it's synthetic strawBerry, that's how the strawBerry smell should stay in a fragrance IMO
    and yeah,it is sexy, and as someBody here in this thread said
    it's sexy fun, not sexy seductive

this fragrance make a statement: im fun, sexy, confident and i would take you to a place in this Bar/cluB/house party where noBody can see us and make your fantasy come true

this is not aBout formal sex

this is aBout fullfilling a girl's fantasy giving it raw to her
    in a dangerous place where you Both run the risk of Being Busted

Quote Originally Posted by DavidBond007 View Post
    it smells fine for a while but a fecal note comes in on the drydown that i hate.
    That sounds pretty bad..lol.. I don't think I'll be sampling this soon.

Hi all!
    So, I am wondering, what are you thinking about black XS? How is this so sexy?!
    In principle - if society consideres a certain smell good for several reasons, that smell might be sexy. If girls get a signal from Plack XS that tells them that the man undeneath that mess is: groomed well, wealthy, middle of the road, non pervert, not too smart ... ;-) o/k, no offenses. I really don't like BXS.

That might address the "how" part of the question. For many girls a perfume might tell them that the guy is at least washed and more so, he even applied perfume! Along this interpretation a sweet smell could signal an easy guy without much of rough manliness. That could make it easier for the girl to tell the said guy that she likes him? For me it comes out that BXS shouldn't be too sexy.

Once in a while I personally wear stuff like Paco Rabanne METAL. People don't get it, because it is very different from contemporaries like BXS, Bleu De Chanel etc, but in the end they like it though.

It does at times smell like light blue but I don't get great longevity or sillage like others here talk about.

So the issue is what do Men consider sexy versus what do Women consider sexy. Women love Black XS period. It is a Sweet Strawberry scent, most men don't find strawberries sexy. Men find Musc Raveguer as sexy, but most women think it stinks! If you are looking for a fragrance that Women consider sexy then choose from the following: Versace Fraiche, Chanel Allure Sport, D&G The One, ADG, Le Male, Pure Malt, 360 Red, Curve, 1 Million, Cool Water, Hanae Mori, Boss Bottled, Prada Amber, Issey Miyake. Those fragrances are female complement getters! Most women enjoy fruity or floral scents. If you want the perspective of sexy for a sweet scent, you may not want to ask a bunch of guys.

allright lol

Depends on it you want a girl or a woman. If your under the age of 18 then this might work for you. If your over the age of 18 be prepared to go to prison.

Quote Originally Posted by petruccijc View Post
    It's very sexy. I find it to be a real boxer dropper.

A scent just industrial, made to be sexy for young crowd. It can be sexy for all Boss, Armani, Issey, CK and Herrera lovers.

I've tried a sample of Black XS a while ago and it really smelled... childish

I'm 24 years old and I prefer mature fragrances instead of middle school stuff like this

just my opinion... I could maybe wear it sometime but I wonder when

Black XS is probably one of the most synthetic smelling fragrances i have smelt. Smells like a strawberry car freshener tree.

haha true, and I've tried it again yesterday, it stinges my nose

the smell itself is like it's for young girls, but it is for men

even the bottle looks like a cheap deodorant stick