Code of Conduct
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Default Do you wear perfume on lazy days?

Do you wear perfume even if you're just hanging around at the house all day? I do, but sometimes I feel like I'm waisting my valuable juices . Also, I am wondering if it is better to give the nose a fragrance pause now and then. What do you think?

Default Re: Do you wear perfume on lazy days?

Oh lazy days around the house is when I have free reign to wear whatever I like! I tend to stick to cozy or soothing comfort scents, like the kind I might wear to bed. Lately I have really been loving CB I Hate Perfume Russian Caravan Tea, Etro Heliotrope, Guerlain Apres l'Ondee, and little dabs of Guerlain Vol de Nuit Evasion or Samsara parfum.
    beauty guru & perfume whisperer
    dalybeauty.ca
    twitter @daly_beauty

Quote Originally Posted by Jane Daly View Post
    Oh lazy days around the house is when I have free reign to wear whatever I like!
    +1! I might wear vintage Chanel Cuir de Russie parfum around the house, and I absolutely don't feel that it's wasted because others can't smell it...

I wear fragrance every day. I can't remember the last time I went without....which would be like not getting fully dressed, or neglecting to brush my teeth. Something would just feel wrong. And like tott, I wear it for myself so it doesn't matter if I won't be seeing another soul the entire day.
    Science is not only compatible with spirituality, it is a profound source of spirituality. When we recognize our place in an immensity of light-years and in the passage of ages, when we grasp the intricacy, beauty, and subtlety of life, then that soaring feeling, that sense of elation and humility combined, is surely spiritual. ..Carl Sagan

Oh no, it's basically to please me and compliment me on this particular day. It's also the time to experiment, try out new stuff or the more risqué ones. It's giving me joy and that's what it is mostly there for.

I do, I do. For me it's either a chance to try new things on or to use those juices I've grown to like less. But yes, I do wear perfume on lazy days like today.

Quote Originally Posted by tott View Post
    +1! I might wear vintage Chanel Cuir de Russie parfum around the house, and I absolutely don't feel that it's wasted because others can't smell it...
    Vintage Cuir de Russie! *swoon*

It is so irritating to wear something divine and have no one else appreciate it! Perfumistas need their own communities lol
    beauty guru & perfume whisperer
    dalybeauty.ca
    twitter @daly_beauty

I also like to use lazy days at home to wear what I like...it's the best time for indulging in vintage or other fragrances that are conisdered real stinkeroos by "normal" people.

Oh lazy days around the house is when I have free reign to wear whatever I like! I tend to stick to cozy or soothing comfort scents, like the kind I might wear to bed. Lately I have really been loving CB I Hate Perfume Russian Caravan Tea, Etro Heliotrope, Guerlain Apres l'Ondee, and little dabs of Guerlain Vol de Nuit Evasion or Samsara parfum.
    What Jane Daly said!
    On days when I work at home I start out with somethings (somethings an arm-to-arm comparison I've been thinking about); live with it as I work in the a.m. Shower after running. The try something new.
    "You...put on cologne to write?"(From Midnight in Paris)

Stop by for a chat: http://perfumedletters.wordpress.com/
    My book reviews: http://www.nstperfume.com/author/Cheryl/

Lillybelle just spoke for me,too!If I'm not sampling on a "lazy day",I wear the things my husband hates or that I have been told are too "old" for me.Although,I've been known to wear my stinkeroos out in public,too!
    The nose wants what it wants!

Basenotes Plus

I also wear fragrance everyday, the only time I don't is when I'm sick. I don't wear them for others, even though it is nice when others notice and tell you how terrific you smell, I wear them for my own pleasure. Lazy days are the time I experiement with new samples or try layering different scents. Fragrance is such a mood elevator, I think they make the world a happier place, which is definitely a good thing!!!

Yes...lazy days become sensual days when having nothing to distract my attention from whatever scent or scents I'm wearing!
    "You can't change the past, but you can ruin the present by worrying about the future."

"Three essentials for a good life: Someone to love, somewhere to go, and something to look forward to."

I don't to bed. I feel the body needs to be free of anything to fully rejuvenate , but lately I've been spraying a lil purple patchouli. The discontinuation freaked me out a bit lol.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by PerfumedLady View Post
    Lillybelle just spoke for me,too!If I'm not sampling on a "lazy day",I wear the things my husband hates or that I have been told are too "old" for me.Although,I've been known to wear my stinkeroos out in public,too!
    Me too! Perfume is a pleasure that's never wasted on yourself. Besides, l'll never use up all my scents if l don't wear them around the house! My faves at the moment (for colder weather) are my recent batch of amber samples, lmperial Opoponax, vintage Shalimar EDP, vintage Magie Noire & Gorilla perfume's Vanillary.
    "What is this secret connection between the soul, and sea, clouds and perfumes? The soul itself appears to be sea, cloud and perfume..." - from Zorba the Greek by Nikos Kazantzakis.

Oh lazy days around the house is when I have free reign to wear whatever I like!
    Same with me!

Quote Originally Posted by Klute View Post
    Do you wear perfume even if you're just hanging around at the house all day? I do, but sometimes I feel like I'm waisting my valuable juices . Also, I am wondering if it is better to give the nose a fragrance pause now and then. What do you think?
    On many occasions I wear perfume while at home. Even before sleep. They are special treasures that I like enjoying for my own pleasure. It happens sometimes, not every day. If I did, as you said, I would have waisted valuable juices.

Because I test perfumes, I need a frame time where I don´t wear any perfume, just to let the previous one leave little by little. But even when I don´t test perfumes, I put on perfume and go out, or fresh eau de cologne. Then the next day I simply don´t wear at all. I like especially the lasting effect of a perfume on my skin, and not precisely the first notes. This is why I don´t wear perfume every day. But... at times, only at times...I mix them. shhh.

Always fragrance, also on lazy days. It's not wasted perfume, I can wear the most expensive or the cheapest of my fumes, I enjoy them and that's the important thing for me. Perhaps I don't wear make up, perhaps I even don't comb my hair, perhaps I wear old clothes that I don't want to wear at work - but I always wear perfume on lazy days at home. A lazy day really gives me the opportunity to smell my perfume, Im not as distracted as on work. How wonderful it is to sit in the sofa reading a good book and smelling Sacrebleu.

Quote Originally Posted by Novis2007 View Post
    Always fragrance, also on lazy days. It's not wasted perfume, I can wear the most expensive or the cheapest of my fumes, I enjoy them and that's the important thing for me. Perhaps I don't wear make up, perhaps I even don't comb my hair, perhaps I wear old clothes that I don't want to wear at work - but I always wear perfume on lazy days at home. A lazy day really gives me the opportunity to smell my perfume, Im not as distracted as on work. How wonderful it is to sit in the sofa reading a good book and smelling Sacrebleu.

I very much agree with you!

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Evangeline View Post
    I wear fragrance every day. I can't remember the last time I went without....which would be like not getting fully dressed, or neglecting to brush my teeth. Something would just feel wrong. And like tott, I wear it for myself so it doesn't matter if I won't be seeing another soul the entire day.
    Agree 100%! As long as I can smell it - for my own pleasure. Said pleasure makes me happy.

Wearing perfume is like eating something delicious! Unless I'm sick or am going to need my nose for something (shopping and grabbing free spritzes from testers, heavy-duty cooking, hiking somewhere that naturally smells great) I always put some on.
    This scent is great, but ... MORE KITTENS!

Oh, yes! Especially some fragrance I would like to try out.
    And I wear fragrances to bed too, especially Vintage Chantilly and 24 Faubourg.

I agree with Thalia, the only time I deliberately do not wear anything is the days when I know I will be spraying myself from testers in the shop!

Sur la Plage

Yes.
    Please feel free to check out my Swap Thread - Patou pour Homme, L'Instant de Guerlain PH Extreme, Dior Homme Intense, Pure Malt, Pure Coffee and many more! Click Here For My Swap Thread

Quote Originally Posted by FrouFrou View Post
    I agree with Thalia, the only time I deliberately do not wear anything is the days when I know I will be spraying myself from testers in the shop!
    I totally agree. When I go prowling around the shops, I go without perfume so I can spray directly on myself

There is probably enough perfume in my collection that I will never run out, so it's best to enjoy it. My mother, who is 84, lost her sense of smell after a stroke a few years ago, so I am aware that the time to enjoy perfume is always NOW.

Carolina girl, how very true.

But of course! It never occurred to me not to.

Yeah, I've got enough perfume that I can spray with abandon -- there's plenty more on the dresser! I have a few qualms about my little used bottle of Gucci Accenti because once that's gone it's GONE, but there's no sense in not enjoying it, right? It doesn't do me any good sitting in the bottle ...
    This scent is great, but ... MORE KITTENS!

I agree with Thalia. Perfume looks pretty but does no good just sitting in the bottle. And on lazy days I usually spritz myself silly and need another shower!

I usually take a lazy day as an opportunity to do a 4x sample test (wrists and elbows) so I can see if there's anything I like. In public the mix of 4 random frags might get people wondering.
    Tom Ford Splits!!!!
    Tobacco Vanille, Tuscan Leather, Oud Wood, Noir de Noir,
    Plum Japonais, Tobacco Oud, Café Rose, Lavender Palm, etc...

Most of the time I am very proud of the Basenotes community. Time after time I have witnessed the thoughtfulness, empathy & genuine friendship that members of this community extend to others - oldtimers & newcomers alike. There are other times, however, when egos get the upper hand and civility goes out the window. My philosophy is that I won't say anything here that I would not say if you were standing in front of me. Welcome to Basenotes, each and every one of us. ~ TwoRoads

I wear fragrance every single day!!! On those days when I will stay around the house, I may wear something that's easy to find.....one that I don't have to worry about replacing as it runs out!!!
    Gary

Sure do.

Basenotes Plus

EVERY day - without fail.

I regularly give my nose a break but on lazy days I often find myself preferring oils.

Blog Entries

Lazy days are for enjoying something cozy, working from home days are for sampling... but I have no hard and fast rules, except that since last year when I became interested in fragrances I wear one every day unless I'm sick or out sniff-shopping.

I'll usually spray one of my lighter eau de toilettes or an opportunity to try samples. Occasionally, I'll just go sans scent, but rarely.

If I'm that lazy, I'm probably dead.

Seriously though, if there isn't a chance of having any human contact, I might go without fragrance.

Hillaire

There is only one time on earth I 'go without', and that is when I am en route to a perfume boutique.

Those are tough treks and my resolve is tried ('Should I stop at 7-11 and try the new Axe?'), but the fix when I get it is very rewarding.
    Last edited by Hillaire; 27th October 2010 at 03:57 AM.

I love wearing perfume at home. I have a few bottles that are for lazy days only. They are cosy and sweet and I wouldn't feel right wearing them out. It would be like leaving the house in my PJs.

Yep. Sometimes I use those days for testing out a new scent.

Most definitely!
    "Wovon man nicht lesen kann, darüber muss man schreiben."

Blog Entries

As for me, the wearing of fragrances have become joyous threads in the tapestry of life, without which, the weave would simply unravel. I wear fragrance during the day, after 5 and yes, even to bed every day of the week.

I wear fragrance like drugs. It usually has a lot less to do with others smelling it than the way it makes me feel. So yeah, I wear it all the time.

Yes, sometimes. Some days I don't want perfume interfering with other smells around me, some days I just want to smell nothing.

I often wear MORE perfume on a lazy day home by myself than I would otherwise! I apply a larger quantity, and I also feel less constrained by what other people might think of my choice. That's when I pull out oddball things that I LOVE, but don't usually create the right impression at work or elsewhere, such as Pink Sugar or Bandit (to define the extremes of that spectrum).

Yes. But oddly enough, I'm never home alone on "lazy days." There's always family around, which sometimes affects what I choose to wear. I am most alone at the office, so I am more likely to sample new or odd frags while at work!
    Anakin: What was that all about?
    Obi-Wan: Well, R2 has been...
    Anakin: No loose wire jokes.
    Obi-Wan: Did I say anything?
    Anakin: He's trying.
    Obi-Wan: I didn't say anything!

-ROTS

Always have, always will. I mean, since I am self-employed anyway and I spend most of my days working in front of my personal notebook, as well as due to the fact that I never put on a fragrance to impress anyone, I tend to use fragrance while I spend my time at home, whether I work during thezse days or not

Always! And in heavier applications than for going out - lazy days are good for testing too, or for wearing uber strong scents that raise eyebrows in public!

reine

Yes! On super lazy days I just wear a scented lotion; always something, though.

Quote Originally Posted by N_Tesla View Post
    As for me, the wearing of fragrances have become joyous threads in the tapestry of life, without which, the weave would simply unravel.
    I'm not near the poet, but this sums it up. I feel I'm missing out on something lovely if I'm not perfumed.

Nick, you do wax poetic!!

I tend to do more testing at home, or wear my stinkeroo lovlies. Bedtime more comfort scents.
    Hearts starve as well as bodies; give us bread, but give us roses.
    ~~James Oppenheimer~~

I use perfumes every day. Even if it is just a rainy Sunday. I can actually test whatever I want on the days like this.
    http://myfragrantwardrobe.blogmesin.com

I don't remember what a lazy day is..... but I am rarely without perfume, and will usually change it for the evening, possibly for an afternoon, and then another oil to learn at night or a favourite perfume to sniff before going to sleep. I feel more undressed without perfume than without clothes.

Never there is a day that I don't wear perfume. Lazy or non lazy, I always put on something!

Quote Originally Posted by pomander View Post
    Yes...lazy days become sensual days when having nothing to distract my attention from whatever scent or scents I'm wearing!
    me too. I think my enjoyment of scents is amplified on lazy days when I can focus on the pure aesthetic and experience of the scent. for me that is the time to explore samples that are tucked away, or time to get out the Bandit and Tabac Blond or my stinky Rasa...
    "Like a lobster with a pearl in its claw, the beet held the jasmine firmly without crushing or obscuring it. Beet lifted jasmine, the way a bullnecked partner lifts a ballerina, and the pair came on stage on citron's fluty cue. As if jasmine were a collection of beautiful paintings, beet hung it in the galleries of the nose, insured it against fire or theft, threw a party to celebrate it. Citron mailed the invitations." Jitterbug Perfume by Tom Robbins p. 189

What I am loving right now: Shalimar vintage extrait, Chanel Bois des Iles, Chanel no. 22, Le Labo Iris 39, Guerlain Iris Ganache

Yes, I always wear perfume, no matter what.

I wear perfume everyday; I even have a little subset of perfumes which are pretty much reserves for lazy days which include Dior Escale a Portofino and Jo Malone Lime Basil Mandarin in summer, then in the cooler months I often reach for The Body Shop Vanilla, Etro Heliotrope and Ava Luxe Vanilla Musk.

The only time I don't wear perfume is when I know I'll be going shopping; then I usually come home covered in tester spritzes.
    My perfume blog: Girl With the Curious Nose

Don't spend time beating on a wall, hoping to transform it into a door -Coco Chanel

Currently lusting after:
    - Chanel No.5 Eau Premiere
    - Frederic Malle Lipstick Rose
    - Serge Lutens Un Bois Vanille

This sounds like a perfect perfume for this thread, Balmy Days And Sundays:

http://www.amazon.com/Balmy-Days-Sun.../dp/B000M52UC4

http://www.ineke.com/catalog/product...products_id=30
    "No sweet perfume ever tortured me more than this." Desert Rose by Sting and Cheb Mami, Album 1999.

Sounds like a perfect title for one of the synchronised Fridays.

Absolutely! This gives me a chance to experiment with new scents or to wear something that may not be appreciated in more conservative settings, like Montale White Aoud (People around me don't seem to wear or care about perfume.)

I do, it's not a waste if you're enjoying it. I do have no perfumes days as well, all about my mood

Basenotes Plus

Wearing perfume makes me feel more human, and I bought the juice for me to enjoy. So that's a "yes" from me.
    A Scent Rescuer
    Every great perfume deserves a good home