Code of Conduct

Thread: A*Men Urban?

Default A*Men Urban?

I was browsing Ebay looking for a cheap bottle of Pure Shot, when I came across this.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Angel-A-Men-...3D271408791538

Can't find much info on it, dunno if it's legit. Looks like it may just me a limited edition box or something. Anyone know anything about this?
    My 3 Signature Scents:

Rive Gauche Light (2004)
    Fahrenheit (1988)
    Paul Smith Man (2009)

Default Re: A*Men Urban?

First time I've seen it. Looks like it could be special limited edition packaging of the original stuff. Strange that there's virtually no info about this. If I were considering this I would probably be a little hesitant until I had more info to be sure it was legit.
    Remember that while it is perfectly acceptable to criticize the content of a post - criticizing the poster is not.
    Mean spirited, nasty, snide, sarcastic, hateful, and rude individuals don't warrant or deserve other individuals' acknowledgement or respect.

Never heard or seen this.... Never!!!

Never heard of this but wouldn't be surprised if its legit given A*men's unending 'limited editions'.

If the only place you have ever heard of a fragrance is from someone selling it on eBay... run the other way.
    Seasonal favorites:

1. Creed - Spice & Wood
    2. Creed - Aventus
    3. Dior - Vetiver
    by Kilian - Straight to Heaven
    5. by Kilian - Cruel Intentions
    6. Puredistance - Black
    7. Tom Ford - Plum Japonais
    8. Neela Vermeire - Trayee
    9. Creed - Royal Oud
    10. Chanel - Egoiste

Great box design. Well urban.

Email the seller and inquire about it. The seller seems to have sold a massive amount of fragrances / items and has a good record. Ask the question and ease your mind.

Maybe, just maybe, someone got their hands on flanker that is yet to be announced or released. Just a theory.

I emailed the seller, waiting on a reply.. may not get one until Monday if they operate with normal business day hours. Looking forward to finding some info on it.
    My 3 Signature Scents:

Rive Gauche Light (2004)
    Fahrenheit (1988)
    Paul Smith Man (2009)

This seller has a lot of them available, too ... interesting. I'm curious what he has to say bout it.

Very interesting. My guess would be some selected marketing/packaging. A*Men - for the eccentric New York hip hop artist.
    Current favorites_____Black Tourmaline_____Gucci Pour Homme II_____Memoir Man_____Tuscan Leather______Montale Aoud and Pine_____Sel Marin_____Invasion Barbare_____Tonka Imperial____Dior Homme Intense_____L'Humaniste____Santal 33_____Bois d'Argent_____Nio_____MFK Oud_____Lumiere Noire_____Bois d'Encens_____Cuir Ottoman

Thank's for sharing and looking forward for more news on this one.

I wonder if it was original something for the duty free travel market?

Never heard of it.

I've never seen it or heard of it. If its new, i'd like to try it, but Mugler and i don't get along.

Alright, they emailed me back with this.

"Agent, Apr 12 20:29

This is a newly launched item that we received almost 2 weeks ago. We do not have the notes since there is practically no information available. We not sure if it is the same as the original Angel because the color of the fragrance is different. The image is the exact item since we personally photographed one of them. Th packaging states it is a limited edition. I'm sorry that we do not have any more information."
    My 3 Signature Scents:

Rive Gauche Light (2004)
    Fahrenheit (1988)
    Paul Smith Man (2009)

You should try contacting Mugler directly... I'm sure they'll have all the answers you need.

And the plot thickens. Interesting...

It's got to be regular A*Men in limited edition packaging. Hard to believe that Mugler could launch a new scent without Basenotes knowing, and then even more strange that the first place it shows up is on eBay.

My guess is it's an upcoming release that someone got their hands on early. There is at least one other seller on Ebay selling these now.

Alright, who wants to call Mugler and get this straightened out?

btw, I'm glad they didn't call this "Pure Urban"

Quote Originally Posted by dougczar View Post
    If the only place you have ever heard of a fragrance is from someone selling it on eBay... run the other way.
    Agree!

Ok so I called Mugler customer service and asked them about this, and here's what they told me:

* It's a legitimate product released only for the international market. It is not available in the US, nor do they have plans at this time to release it in the US.

* I asked her when it originally hit the market and she wouldn't tell me. She didn't have any information on notes, what it smells like, etc.

* She said it sounds like the Ebay sellers have imported legitimate bottles from "overseas." She advised me against purchasing from Ebay because this product is not authorized for sale in the US. (I guess Americans aren't worthy of this release, and thus we should never have the opportunity to get our hands on this)

* I asked her if it was possible that this could be released in the US in the foreseeable future and she said "probably not."

So there you go. Someone should blind buy this and give us a review. Or if one of our international members can call Mugler Europe, maybe they can get some more information like note breakdown, etc.

I'm almost tempted to blind buy it, but I got burned when doing that with Sunessence and Pure Shot. I'd at least like to see the note breakdown first.
    Last edited by Shaheen; 14th April 2014 at 02:24 PM.

Blog Entries

Thanks, Shaheen! I actually emailed Mugler, a couple of days ago, but didn't get any replies yet.

I might consider buying it. I would rather that the seller had a fixed number available for purchase than saying they have more than a certain number which usually means they have to secure it from somewhere else or other vendor before they ship it. Have to ponder this one a bit more.
    Remember that while it is perfectly acceptable to criticize the content of a post - criticizing the poster is not.
    Mean spirited, nasty, snide, sarcastic, hateful, and rude individuals don't warrant or deserve other individuals' acknowledgement or respect.

Quote Originally Posted by hednic View Post
    I might consider buying it. I would rather that the seller had a fixed number available for purchase than saying they have more than a certain number which usually means they have to secure it from somewhere else or other vendor before they ship it. Have to ponder this one a bit more.
    They have 79 available. If you put an item in your cart, then change your quantity to 1000, it automatically changes your quantity to the max number that the seller has available.

Quote Originally Posted by naylor View Post
    They have 79 available. If you put an item in your cart, then change your quantity to 1000, it automatically changes your quantity to the max number that the seller has available.
    Thanks. That's helpful info.

I'm just surprised no one on this board has ever heard of it until now. Must be a very, very limited release.

If I had to guess.. it's probably just A*Men, with a different box and slightly different color juice, or tint on the star to make it look darker.

I remember back in 2010, they did a "flanker" it was just the same as A*Men, with another name. there was a little talk about it somewhere, I can't remember if here or Fragrantica, it ended up being the same as the original. It was called A*Men Bracelet de Force I think. There was no press release about it, it just kind of fell out of the sky out of no where; then a couple people tried it and realized they just wasted their money on a limited edition copy of A*Men.
    My 3 Signature Scents:

Rive Gauche Light (2004)
    Fahrenheit (1988)
    Paul Smith Man (2009)

Blog Entries

Mugler USA's short response to my email:

Hi Del,
    This is not a product that is available in the US market so I don’t have any information on this.

Your Dedicated Celestial Concierge,
    Elizabeth
    So, it could be just A*Men in different packaging, as The_Cologneist mentioned above. Or could be something else, who knows.

It looks like the regular metal refillable but in mate black instead of silver

Question Re: A*Men Urban?

Anyone willing to blind buy and give us a review?

Alternatively, are any of our European members willing to call Mugler International and get details on this release?

If I didn't just get a brand new bottle of A*Men, I would blind buy this just to see what it is, but I don't think I will do it unless it is something new.

Fragrance X has it. I just don't get it, there's absolutely no news about it anywhere. Nothing.

Quote Originally Posted by Zgb View Post
    Fragrance X has it. I just don't get it, there's absolutely no news about it anywhere. Nothing.
    That's... bizarre! I'd wonder if it pre-dates the Pure series, but the OP said he heard back from the seller saying it was brand new. So strange.

Maybe it's a Keith Urban celebrity A*Men flanker!!!

...yeah, I know. Ouch.
    "Follow your nose. It always knows." -- Toucan Sam

Quote Originally Posted by L'Homme Blanc Individuel View Post
    That's... bizarre! I'd wonder if it pre-dates the Pure series, but the OP said he heard back from the seller saying it was brand new. So strange.

Maybe it's a Keith Urban celebrity A*Men flanker!!!

...yeah, I know. Ouch.
    it's also 100 ml / 3,4 oz just like other flankers. I really don't know if it could be just the regular juice in a different package or a completely new flanker. To me it's incredible fragranceX has it all of a sudden. It's as if the market is suddenly being saturated with the stuff and nobody knows a thing.

Anyone tried it yet? I'd love to know if it's just a different packaging or a new fragrance.

Question Re: A*Men Urban?

Can one of our European or international members PLEASE call Mugler International and find out about this release?? Some of us are dying to know. I called Mugler USA and got diddly squat out of them.

Hi!! I am from Chile and bought this edition and is A*men but the bottle has other color, a different packaging and a new price.

Quote Originally Posted by whoasergio View Post
    Hi!! I am from Chile and bought this edition and is A*men but the bottle has other color, a different packaging and a new price.
    So it smells the same?

yes it smells the same, like the original A*men only with a new package and bottle

Well that puts an end to that mystery!

Quote Originally Posted by whoasergio View Post
    yes it smells the same, like the original A*men only with a new package and bottle
    Thanks for the infos....
    My current top 10 (with no particular order):
    Givenchy Xeryus Rouge
    Dior Homme Intense
    Dior Fahrenheit
    Costume National Scent Intense
    Terre d'Hermes EDT
    CK Eternity for Men
    Creed Aventus
    YSL Rive Gauche Pour Homme (Old Tin Can)
    Thierry Mugler Pure Malt
    Costume National Homme

Thanks whoa!
    My 3 Signature Scents:

Rive Gauche Light (2004)
    Fahrenheit (1988)
    Paul Smith Man (2009)

Basenotes Plus

My guess is they have an undisclosed amount of leftover B men refillable metal flasks they needed to use up.

Quote Originally Posted by Tmoran View Post
    My guess is they have an undisclosed amount of leftover B men refillable metal flasks they needed to use up.
    It's legit and for sale on FragranceX.

Im unsure about the AMen cologne however counterfeiters have used this tactic before

Such as Sean John Unforgiveable Recharge is not a real product, its a counterfeit that stuck the word "Recharge" Under EDT on the box,