Code of Conduct

Default HABANITA: parfum, edp, edt!

My daughter has fallen in love with Habanita! She needs to satisfy the desire and claim the treasure. Which formulation should she choose? Do parfum, edp, and edt differ in formulation (as with Chanel No. 5) or only in longevity?

Default Re: HABANITA: parfum, edp, edt!

I don't know about formulation, but I have the EDT and it's plenty strong!

There are other threads referring to this and also to Enslaved by Roja Dove... anyway, if your daughter loves Habanita (I assume the EdT), the parfum can be quite disappointing. Not because it is not nice, but it is slightly 'greener' to the feel (galbanum, I assume), a leathery touch, but more quiet and rather not powdery. I don't know the EdP... I have only seen it available from Molinard themselves. For an alternative, I would consider Enslaved by Roja Dove.

There is no edp. Only edt or parfum, the edt is really long lasting on the skin and quite powdery. The parfum does not have the same sillage but is not as powdery a bit more animal in nature.
    DONNA

http://www.molinard.com/produit_deta...rticles_id=844

The EdP of Habanita is called "Edition Privée".

I have only the Habanita edt and have to spray sparingly. It is very strong and long-lasting. Love it!

Never seen the edp for sale here in the UK. So I am going to imagine a recent addition to the range.
    DONNA

Thanks everyone. The edp is available on Molinard's website and is priced appropriately between the edt and the parfum. But most of you seem quite satisfied with the edt. La Petite, are you paying attention here?

And the bonus round on Habanita edt: I see it frequently at discounter's in Canada (such as Winner's) so presume it should be just as available in the US--bought a 3.3 oz bottle recently for $30.

Basenotes Plus

The Edt is plenty strong with good longevity. I have the modern, which has more vanilla, and vintage, which has more tobacco leaf to my nose. An incredible scent, and makes you wonder why more companies cannot produce such quality at this pricepoint, too.
    A Scent Rescuer
    Every great perfume deserves a good home

The old pure parfum has a boozy plum opening and a spicy, woodsy drydown. The edt showcases the vetiver and it is drier. Both have great tobacco & vanilla notes. Longevity is spectacular for whichever one you choose.

Thank you everyone! It is so nice for once not to feel either compelled to spend big money or to settle for less. EDT all the way!

Quote Originally Posted by donna255 View Post
    Never seen the edp for sale here in the UK. So I am going to imagine a recent addition to the range.
    Donna, it's been around for a few months:

http://shop.lessenteurs.com/product/...ita_EDP_125ml_

Quote Originally Posted by Trebor View Post
    Donna, it's been around for a few months:

http://shop.lessenteurs.com/product/...ita_EDP_125ml_
    Ah, I rarely look at Les Senteurs site now. Their prices just got so silly for fragrances you can buy else where much cheaper. Yes I mean the Serge Lutens.

As for the Habantia, not a fan of the those bulb sprayers. Look lovely and leak like mad.
    DONNA

It appears the "Edition Privée" is no longer available on the Molinard website.
    Can anyone recommend a reasonable online e-tailer where this can still be found?

Thanks

http://hisnherperfumes.com.au/public...NARD+EDP+125ML

I think its from your country Dimi

Good detective work Daniel, and thanks for the heads up
    However, at $169 AUD ($184 USD), I've seen it for as little as 62 euros elsewhere online (albeit on questionable sites), so would like to perhaps find an alternative site that I know or am assured is legitimate.

*Bump*.
    Compared to the parfum, I'm finding the new EdP sweeter and much brighter overall. The leather is there, but attenuated.
    I can definitely see the EdP finding a new audience, which presumably, was the intention.
    Last edited by gandhajala; 23rd July 2012 at 01:43 PM. Reason: typo

Thank you for that gandhajala. It does sound very interesting.
    DONNA

Thanks for the bump, G.!
    Now almost two years later I cherish my Habanita Parfum (the bulp atomizer jubilation edition) vs. the powderbomb EdT. I am not sure I would want it sweeter and brighter with the EdP. I have smelled the vintage parfum (the true original concentration) and it was very rich and rather oppressive, simply too much, maybe.

- - - Updated - - -

I forgot to add that I found the vintage parfum to be very faithful to the jubilation edition parfum.

The EDT is so good. No need an EDP or Parfum.

Basenotes Plus

Quote Originally Posted by atsu View Post
    The EDT is so good. No need an EDP or Parfum.
    The EDT is beiong discontinued- stock up
    A Scent Rescuer
    Every great perfume deserves a good home