Code of Conduct

Thumbs down Winter Fragrance Wardrobe for Holiday in NYC?

Hello, all! I'm new to this site & also to the finer points of the fragrance world. I'm female, my style is classic but youthful, with a slight edge.
    If you would be so kind, please suggest a winter fragrance wardrobe for a holiday trip from California to New York City.
    So excited! Will be staying in small unique hotels in Manhattan, Tribecka & Soho. Itinerary includes a few Broadway shows, museums, restaurants, a jazz club, a carriage ride in the Park, skating @ Rockefeller Center & of course, fragrance shopping.
    If you know of some good places to find unique fragrances in NYC, please include those as well.
    I like many fragrances, so it's probably easier to say what I DON'T like.
    I don't like sharp or green or heavily rose. Other than that, I'm open to all suggestions from your educated noses!
    Thanks so much!

Basenotes Plus

Default Re: Winter Fragrance Wardrobe for Holiday in NYC?

Hi, welcome to basenotes! It sounds like you will be having an amazing trip! I would suggest Chanels #5 Eau Premiere or Coco, both wonderful scents! There are so many excellent stores in New York, I would go to Barneys for Frederic Malle, Neiman Marcus and Saks Fifth Avenue. Also, I'd love to go to Bond #9 of NY and the Guerlain boutique at Bergdorf Goodman. I hope you have a wonderful trip!

BN better than ever
    Blog Entries

Default Re: Winter Fragrance Wardrobe for Holiday in NYC?

Here's a Google map with some fragrance shops highlighted.
    Kiliwia said it: Bergdorf Goodman will give the greatest variety.
    For niche scents, Aedes de Venustas is the place.
    (Don't cha love how two Midwesterners are telling you where to shop in NYC?)

I'd suggest you look at these stores' online product offerings and make up to-sniff list for yourself.

Chanel, Guerlain, Jo Malone, Annick Goutal -- these brands are bound to turn up something you'll love.
    In a world where 6 million people are added each month, every landscape matters.