• Musc Ravageur

23 37.10%
  • Creed SMW

24 38.71%
  • Body Kouros

11 17.74%
  • Other (please specify)

4 6.45%

Default Best fragrance out of Musc Ravageur, Creed Silver Mountain Water, Body Kouros

For nightly wear (bars, parties, etc.).

If none of the above, please specify and explain =].

I'd like the scent to make me seem at least a little individualistic, so none of that all-too-common scents (Armani Code is too common!).

Default Re: Best fragrance out of Musc Ravageur, Creed Silver Mountain Water, Body Kouros

I voted Musc Ravageur - I could see the case for Body Kouros for a guy younger than myself (mid-30's), assumedly hanging with younger crowds. I really like SMW as well, so I couldn't fault anyone on that account either. All good choices I think, and none too likely to get overplayed among the general masses

Default Re: Best fragrance out of Musc Ravageur, Creed Silver Mountain Water, Body Kouros

Musc Raravageur, followed by body Kouros.

A good recommendation however would be Tobacco Vanille.

Musc Ravageur hands down..

Body kouros hands down.

SMW is the most versatile.

MR really isn't a party/bar scent. It's a little too soft and sensual for that. SMW might be better but I don't see it as a night scent. Body Kouros is sort of in the same vain as MR.

I'd look into Green Irish Tweed or Black Aoud. Ideal for night gatherings, big compliment getters. Designer, maybe Dolce & Gabbana Pour Homme or Rive Gauche.
    Last edited by nsamadi; 28th October 2010 at 09:55 PM.

I have yet to smell Musc Ravageur. But SMW is a great scent. Almost anytime and anywhere for me. I always feel safe wearing it.

Body Kouros is the one for me.
    John aka Easykiller

i like Musc Ravageur
    Last edited by remixx; 22nd November 2010 at 04:48 PM.

Blog Entries

Mitsouko has my vote.

For the bars, out of the three, it would be Body Kouros. For other non-bars/party scenario, it would be Musc Ravageur hands down!!!!

Tough call. All three are out of this world.

I think Silver Mountain Water actually works quite well in this scenario. It's incredibly potent in sillage (trust me, others WILL smell it), and it's sharp and vibrant so it can cut through a cloud of other scents.
    <><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><> <><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><>

Obsessions of the Moment- Kristiansand EDC, Green Irish Tweed, Zizan

Granted, we've known each other for some time. It don't take a whole day to recognize sunshine. ~ Common Sense

Creed SMW and Silver musk is my HG

Creed SMW

Definitely Musc Ravageur-this a raunchy, dirty sexy frag. (IMHO). Like Ive said elsewhere its sex in a bottle(insert joke here)
    My mom's great. I appreciate her sense of humor, patience and fondness for daytime drinking. :0)

Original Santal?

Sur la Plage

Musc Ravageur - by millions of miles compared to those other two fragrances........
    Please feel free to check out my Swap Thread - Patou pour Homme, L'Instant de Guerlain PH Extreme, Dior Homme Intense, Pure Malt, Pure Coffee and many more! Click Here For My Swap Thread

I would have to vote for SMW on this one...........but simply because of my personal preference.

Musc Rav is a bit too cloying and sweet to me. I've never been a fan of the sweet musky scents, and I'm also not a fan of incense-y or powerdy type scents, which eliminates Body Kouros.

To tell the truth, SMW doesn't really fit into the mold of the type of scents that I'm fond of either. Its sweeter than most that I like, but not cloying. It has great sillage, and people ALWAYS notice it when I wear it.

Silver Mountain Water does smell VERY different on different people, tho. On a friend of mine and on my fiance, it is pretty fresh, cold, and lighter smelling. On me, the name Silver Mountain Water does not fit at all. On me its much more warm, acidic, and almost smells of botrytis and white flowers.

I know a lot of people prefer to wear lighter scents in the daytime and much more intense and aromatic scents for a night out, but my preferences tend to stay in the same range for both.

Some of my other personal recommendations:

Guerlain Homme ( I wear this one out quite often. It also projects well and gets many compliments )

Y S L - L'Homme ( You'd never go wrong with this. Very ubuquitous, but for a reason. Women literally fell all over me when I wore this )

Creed Millisime Imperial - What can I say? Great scent for anytime. A fresh, lighter scent, obviously, but no different from SMW in style.

Creed Santal Imperial -This is one that goes along the line of L'Homme..........musky, woodsy, spicy and sweet, tons of ambergris and tonka. Definitely not normally my style, but this one is absolutely awesome. Hey, when something is good, its good. Probably one of my top recommendations.

Acqua di Parma Mirto de Panarea - Another one that I'm really fond of. This one is uinisex and is a VERY different scent that will surely get you noticed. A mix of bergamot, cedrat, aquatic scents, woods, light floral, ambergris, cassis. I like this one alot simply because many people have never smelled anything like it, and while it is so very different, its not just the novelty that makes it a good choice.

Bvlgari Extreme and Bvlgari au the Blanc & Bvlgari au the Vert- Extreme is classy, goes well with a suit.........others are different, but will be noticed

I'm sure I have plenty more, but I won't bog you down with a bunch of junk. Hope you find what you're looking for.
    "But I don't want to go among mad people"
    "You can't help that. We're all mad here. I'm mad. You're mad."
    "How do you know that I'm mad?"
    "You must be, or you wouldn't have come here."

Quote Originally Posted by petruccijc View Post
    Musc Ravageur - by millions of miles compared to those other two fragrances........
    I think my time on basenotes is devoted mainly to quote this guy. =)
    AUSSIES, come join our SPLIT GROUP at http://groups.google.com.au/group/oz-scent-splits

"No Pain, No Gain"

SMW.
    All three are quality fragrances, but both Musc Ravageur and Body Kouros can be offensive to some (both are to me). SMW much more versatile.
    Summer Top 5:
    1) Creed Aventus
    2) A*Men Pure Havane
    3) Dior Homme Sport
    4) YSL L'Homme
    5) Clinique Happy for Men

Between Musc Ravageur and Body Kouros definitely the 1st one.